AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

ryar, in the meantime before you can start a new thread, I made an icon for your Primo link from my mod v3.3. You can use this code instead of your in chuck88.ui:

<script sc_run_primo>
run sc_run_base_mortscript
100 run 'START_APPLICATION "Extension\CwGoPrimo.mscr" ""'
</script>

Then change the name of the icon link (2 places) in chuck88_800_480.ui to the one attached herein. Don't forget to rename your CopyTool.mscr to CwGoPrimo.mscr under the Extension folder.

You can safely delete CopyTool.exe.

CW_icon_igo_primo.bmp

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please don't get confused with Pioneer AVIC firmware (FW) v3.0 or v4.0 and my iGo8 mod v3.0 and the latest v3.3.

You don't need FW v4.0 to running my iGo8 mods. It seems that there is very little change between FW 3.0 and 4.0. I have FW 4.0 and frankly, I can't really tell the difference. So just read the first post and install the latest mod 3.3.

So FW 4.0 is just an update for the firmware to improve BT and so on? So can i update the FW to 4.0 and then use your mod? Great

ryar, did you ever tried to copy/move all map, poi, dem and building files to your Primo folder structure, then rename APL2\iGo to something else (APL2\iGo8), then rename folder APL2\Primo to APL2\iGo, and rename Primo.exe to EzRider.exe?

I suspect this will bring up Primo by default after startup. You can then see if the integration is successful with the hard buttons like MAP and MENU, and even the AUDIO bar of the A/V program.

Please post results.

ryar, did you ever tried to copy/move all map, poi, dem and building files to your Primo folder structure, then rename APL2\iGo to something else (APL2\iGo8), then rename folder APL2\Primo to APL2\iGo, and rename Primo.exe to EzRider.exe?

I suspect this will bring up Primo by default after startup. You can then see if the integration is successful with the hard buttons like MAP and MENU, and even the AUDIO bar of the A/V program.

Please post results.

Hey Chuck, yeah I tried it a while back. When the system starts up it launches Primo but the "system startup, please wait" message which blocks the bottom part of the screen does not go away. I wonder if there is a way to block this message from coming up at startup?

ryar, in the meantime before you can start a new thread, I made an icon for your Primo link from my mod v3.3. You can use this code instead of your in chuck88.ui:

<script sc_run_primo>
</script>

Then change the name of the icon link (2 places) in chuck88_800_480.ui to the one attached herein. Don't forget to rename your CopyTool.mscr to CwGoPrimo.mscr under the Extension folder.

I didn't see this til now, thanks!

Hey Chuck, yeah I tried it a while back. When the system starts up it launches Primo but the "system startup, please wait" message which blocks the bottom part of the screen does not go away. I wonder if there is a way to block this message from coming up at startup?

Well no. Because the AVIC is waiting for some kind of feedback from EzRider.exe to confirm that iGo8 is up, and that Primo.exe cannot provide. Damn it!

I just downloaded DATA.zip v1.2 without any other file, don't know if I can just replace the previous DATA.zip v1.1 or there are other settings to change.

Chuck:

Can I get the steps from you where to install the files? I have my own data file (Stanavich) that I have built up the last two years. I am not quite sure what Chuck88_480_800 file is along with Chuck88.ui. Is it under Navigation _480_800.ui etc?

Thanks

Chuck:

Can I get the steps from you where to install the files? I have my own data file (Stanavich) that I have built up the last two years. I am not quite sure what Chuck88_480_800 file is along with Chuck88.ui. Is it under Navigation _480_800.ui etc?

Thanks

Well, if you're not using my mod, then you have to use ryar's CopyTool.exe and CopyTool.mscr (save them in the "Extension" folder), then copy the script name '<script sc_run_primo>' from his Chuck88.ui (included in his download) and put it somewhere in your mod (for example, navigatemap.ui), then create a button or link in your mod to call the script sc_run_primo.

Store "Primo" folder at the same level as your existing "iGo" folder.

<script sc_run_primo>
</script>

I am having a little trouble here. I changed the name of your icon to primo and moved it to the extensions folder. In the chuck88_800_480.ui I changed

";Chuck88: TBD - Primo

<BUTTON xxx bmp="CW_icon_explorer.bmp#2" x=498 y=150 z=10 onrelease='run sc_run_Primo' to

;Chuck88: TBD - Primo

<BUTTON xxx bmp="CW_icon_primo.bmp#2" x=498 y=150 z=10 onrelease='run sc_run_primo' ?

Where is the second spot you are referring to?

I am getting an error reading the CW_icon_primo.bmp cannot be found, then an out of memory error. I have a feeling I put the icon in the wrong place, where would I put it?

I am having a little trouble here. I changed the name of your icon to primo and moved it to the extensions folder. In the chuck88_800_480.ui I changed

";Chuck88: TBD - Primo

<BUTTON xxx bmp="CW_icon_explorer.bmp#2" x=498 y=150 z=10 onrelease='run sc_run_Primo' to

;Chuck88: TBD - Primo

<BUTTON xxx bmp="CW_icon_primo.bmp#2" x=498 y=150 z=10 onrelease='run sc_run_primo' ?

Where is the second spot you are referring to?

I am getting an error reading the CW_icon_primo.bmp cannot be found, then an out of memory error. I have a feeling I put the icon in the wrong place, where would I put it?

Sorry no second place in the code, you're correct. You should put the BMP into the ui_pioneer\800_480 folder.