AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Chuck, I haven't been around much, but I thought that I woul;d give this mod a try to see how the Primo worked. I have been playing with this most of the day and I am having several problems. 1) Once I set the primo to default, I can no longer get the settings menu back to revert it back to iGo 8. 2) whenever, it says to 'reboot', you press it, and the screen freezes. 3) That third picture on your first page with the realistic road, is not achievable, at least I can't get that scheme.

Is anybody else have the same problems, or is it just me?

Hey Chuck, I haven't been around much, but I thought that I woul;d give this mod a try to see how the Primo worked. I have been playing with this most of the day and I am having several problems. 1) Once I set the primo to default, I can no longer get the settings menu back to revert it back to iGo 8. 2) whenever, it says to 'reboot', you press it, and the screen freezes. 3) That third picture on your first page with the realistic road, is not achievable, at least I can't get that scheme.

Is anybody else have the same problems, or is it just me?

Hello Abb, welcome back. Chuck hasn't been around for a bit. I can answer a few of your questions if you like.

1) When Primo is launched it kills the iGo process, so the only way to get back to stock is to reboot. It is a bit of a memory hog, and there are memory errors with both the stock iGo and Primo running simultaneously. Primo can be set for lower memory requirements in the sys.txt if one would like both to run together. There is also the issue that when the stock iGo is running Primo will not detect the GPS. I noticed the Italian release of AVICnet has a port splitter which allows multiple programs to run and get a GPS fix.

2) I'm not sure when it asks you to reboot, but when you exit Primo it reboots the system. Chuck mentioned a memory error being the cause of this at one point. I never had mine freeze, I'm not sure why yours is.

3) The third picture is a junction view which is achieved when driving on a highway or freeway and are prompted to exit. Any scheme or skin should allow you to achieve this.

Sound from Primo also appears to be an issue, it can only be achieved by first inserting an SD card with music on it then starting Primo.

1) My problem is that I set Primo as the primary Nav, and now I cannot get the settings to come back up to change it back. I know that I can always delete the user data, but I am wondering if this is a glitch or if it is my system.

2) it asks to reboot when you are changing the car, cockpit, etc.. It will get stuck on primo now exiting.

3) I take it that this view is only when on a highway and a route is selected, or do you see this whenever exiting a highway? I will try this out today as I have not taken it on the highway yet.

Thanks for your quick response ryar!

Ryar.Regarding the sound issue.If we can get sound working by first inserting an SD card with music on it,if we change the audio source to say,FM,will we lose the sound?I have mine running fine by doing what you suggest with the SD card but haven't tried any other work arounds.

Ryar.Regarding the sound issue.If we can get sound working by first inserting an SD card with music on it,if we change the audio source to say,FM,will we lose the sound?I have mine running fine by doing what you suggest with the SD card but haven't tried any other work arounds.

Yes, I lose sound when switching to AV from SD :(

Well, I have been playing with Primo. I wish that I had the time to work on those memory issues :(. I am not impressed with the smartzoom that is with this. When I was traveling 100 km/hr, it zoomed out to 9 km in a 2" section making the entire route unreadable. I looked, but I can't find a way to shut off the smart zoom in the settings, unless I am missing something.

Well, I have been playing with Primo. I wish that I had the time to work on those memory issues :(. I am not impressed with the smartzoom that is with this. When I was traveling 100 km/hr, it zoomed out to 9 km in a 2" section making the entire route unreadable. I looked, but I can't find a way to shut off the smart zoom in the settings, unless I am missing something.

Smartzoom can be found in Map Settings. You can set the automatic overview to on/of/only on highway if user zoom settings are off, or control your own with user settings on. I find the best settings are:

Viewpoint = high

User zoom settings = on

Min angle = 60

Max angle = 70

Max angle with signposts = 78

Speed zoom = on

Speed angle = on

Min Speed = 30 km/h

Max Speed = 80 km/h

Overview = off

If you would like Primo to run with a lower memory requirement place the following in the sys.txt:

[debug]

max_memory=35000000

reserve_memory=1700000

cache=600000

I can confirm it runs overtop of the stock iGo without crashes or errors with these settings. I have a bit of a project on the go and have Primo and the stock iGo running together seamlessly, I just have a bit more work to do on it and then I will upload it here on AVIC411.

I been through this thread many times but I might have missed it. But will this work on x920bt?

No, it will not. It will only run on the F series and X710 & X910. The X920 runs on a different operating system.

Hi Ryar or Abb??? I was unfortunately left out with my question a few days ago. Previous page. As far as Primo goes, it has too many issues to count on my X910. I get sound though...lol My gps says looking for GPS which I understand is a good thing.. it shows I have it and works fine with Chucks mod. BUT.. it won't do anything other than sit still in a different country. France? Also couldn't change the arrow into a 3d car.

But I am not all that interested in Primo. I LOVE what you guys have done with Chucks recent mod. However, my question remails unanswered. Is there a way to just set the 3d driving when I'm not using Navi (I use the F22 jet) so it can be larger on the screen instead of turning into a pin prick? I would prefer to set it closer on the screen so its more visible with a slight zoom in and out. Is there a way to set it so it does this or at least stays in one place? I have two pictures I posted in my original question.

Thanks!

Burton

Hi Ryar or Abb??? I was unfortunately left out with my question a few days ago. Previous page. As far as Primo goes, it has too many issues to count on my X910. I get sound though...lol My gps says looking for GPS which I understand is a good thing.. it shows I have it and works fine with Chucks mod. BUT.. it won't do anything other than sit still in a different country. France? Also couldn't change the arrow into a 3d car.

But I am not all that interested in Primo. I LOVE what you guys have done with Chucks recent mod. However, my question remails unanswered. Is there a way to just set the 3d driving when I'm not using Navi (I use the F22 jet) so it can be larger on the screen instead of turning into a pin prick? I would prefer to set it closer on the screen so its more visible with a slight zoom in and out. Is there a way to set it so it does this or at least stays in one place? I have two pictures I posted in my original question.

Thanks!

Burton

Euro AVIC users are having the issue of getting a GPS fix but not displaying a position on the map. Ovalball has posted his sys.txt in the Primo thread (Post #225) which will hopefully correct the issue; we are yet to hear back from anyone with verification however.

So far as your 3D jet issue, you will have to wait for Chuck to reply.

Thanks!

Burton

As far as the jet issue, it is because Chuck has somehow permanetly made this mod zoom in and out even with smart zoom disabled. I am having the same issues with smartzoom shut off. Chuck has done so much work with the smart zoom in this mod, that you will have to ask him. I have never been fond of smartzoom. It was great in older mods, but not with the newer modified ones as you want to see as much detail as you can. That is just my opinion though. I want to experiment with Primo, but my next step will be to disable the smart zoom in the script as it is driving me nuts :P ! Overall, Chuck did a fantastik job with this mod, and he really deserves a pat on the back.

Hi,

Thank you all for replying.... My Avic is a US version according to the Pioneer site. But I posted some info in the other forum so thank you. Maybe we will get some answers! But Chuck... thank you for all the time you put into these mods. Its been a very cool learning experience!

Burton