AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

@Chuck: thanks for all the answers! After Ryar's fix for the F900 (disabling the gyro), I get a fix all the time, no issues there. However I still don't get TMC signals it seems. Where in Primo should I find this? Under traffic I just see 'historic traffic'. My bluetooth is also messed up now. It doesn't find any phone and my phones don't find the Pioneer. When I disable bluetooth the unit starts lagging, gives some fatal errors and reboots. Bluetooth is now disabled. When enabling, the same happens: a reboot. But still no working bluetooth. Any idea? I fixed everything at once, so I am not sure what caused it. I am inclined to look at Ryar's update for WinCE first...

For the TMC to work, my understanding is that you have to modified the SYS.txt to enable your device. But since I don't have TMC in Canada, I can't really verify that. I suggest refer to ryar's English AVIC for discussions already been posted.

As for the Bluetooth, I don't know for sure neither. Once thing that you can do is to:

1) Make sure that iGo8 without Primo is working.

2) If not, delete "\My Flash Disk\APL" and then restore your backup of this APL folder (i.e. back to FW 3.x) and see whether there is a difference.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chuck:

I have my own mod that I have added thing to over the last couple of years. It is based on Stan/Andr mod.

Would I able to add smartzoom to my mod and if so what would the steps be to add it?

Thanks

Jimbo

Jimbo, if you're referring to the SmartZoom, then it is from the stock iGo.

If you're referring to the SmartTrack, then that was my invention but honestly, I don't know how to show you to implement into your mod, as this is not an addon and the code is complexe, and everywhere. You would have to dig in order to understand. Main codes are found in Chuck88.ui.

Good luck.

Hey Chuck, hows it going? Are you using any HNR files (pre-defined routes) with Primo? If so, did you find any for Canada specfically or are you using the NA HNR files which are 50 MB each (200 total, ouch)? Do you notice a difference? I just found some newer maps and whatnot here, I didn't realize there was an update til now and have not tried any HNR files yet. Any thoughts?

Hi ryar, everything OK except not testing thing on this old device very often. Sorry about that :( but not away has time to play with.

I don't plan to use HNR because of the 1.8 GB Flash Drive limitation. In my case it will not give me anything more. I prefer using Primo 2.0's auto alterante routing suggestions when I slow down or stop by traffic rather than introduce HNR. HNR should make a difference though, because it will give you much faster routing calculation (which I don't care because I travel on long distance only once or twice per year, and most of the times, I already know my destinations), and different routes depend on time of the day etc etc.

I'm still using 2011.Q1 maps, and looks like the links that you referred to are all dead. :( I would love to obtain new maps though, so if you can find working links again, please let me know.

Later.

I believe the link on post #4 of that page is working, it is here if you are interested.

Thanks for the link ryar!

I don't think that we can put a grab on HNR files for Canada only, but NA as a whole.

I personally find that using HNR files is a waste of precious Flash and runtime memories (those files have to be opened during runtime), and it gives you so little in return. On short routes, you won't see any difference; and on long routes, I personally don't mind to wait 15 seconds instead 8 seconds for the route being calculated.

• 2 weeks later...

For the TMC to work, my understanding is that you have to modified the SYS.txt to enable your device. But since I don't have TMC in Canada, I can't really verify that. I suggest refer to ryar's English AVIC for discussions already been posted.

As for the Bluetooth, I don't know for sure neither. Once thing that you can do is to:

1) Make sure that iGo8 without Primo is working.

2) If not, delete "\My Flash Disk\APL" and then restore your backup of this APL folder (i.e. back to FW 3.x) and see whether there is a difference.

Deleting the APL didn't work, so I will look into the WinCE mod that deletes the gyro function. I suspect this disables the bluetooth as well. TMC I still need to look into... I'll keep you posted on any solutions!

Deleting the APL didn't work, so I will look into the WinCE mod that deletes the gyro function. I suspect this disables the bluetooth as well. TMC I still need to look into... I'll keep you posted on any solutions!

There is another idea ... Delete or rename the file "\My Flash Disk\USER\UserData\SETUP\BTSettings.dat" and restart the AVIC. A new one will be created upon reboot after after you add a new BT device (phone).

Unfortunately no result. The only time the blue indicator light blinks is during startup to indicate there's an SD-card. While searching basically nothing happens while the unit searches for a very long time. I'll look into reversing the WinCE update, to see if that fixes it. Then I just need to find another way to disable the gyro-sensor.

Thanks for thinking about possible solutions!

Unfortunately no result. The only time the blue indicator light blinks is during startup to indicate there's an SD-card. While searching basically nothing happens while the unit searches for a very long time. I'll look into reversing the WinCE update, to see if that fixes it. Then I just need to find another way to disable the gyro-sensor.

Thanks for thinking about possible solutions!

Sorry to say but looks like that you AVIC BT is defective.