AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

Hi ovalball, i've just fitted a F900bt that i got ex display from Halfrauds. The S/W version it was running was really out of date so i have updated it to V2.00900 with the download from the pioneer site. The Map version is 01.000600.

I would really like to update the unit to Version 3 but have become really confused reading various threads and finding lots of dead links. Could you please recommend the best way for me to get my unit updated with the latest software and maps. BTW it's a UK unit and UK/EU maps that i would like. Thanks Steve.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Kil4d, try flashing the winCE firmware and re-copying all files/map back to your unit. Post #1 of this thread will provide you with the files and instructions: http://avic411.com/i...firmware-image/

I've tried that with no luck...I am able to enter the service menu select Format SD and it starts to read/write the WinCe. Sometimes it gets to 65% and sometimes it gets to 100%, but regardless it goes back into a boot loop.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

John

I've tried that with no luck...I am able to enter the service menu select Format SD and it starts to read/write the WinCe. Sometimes it gets to 65% and sometimes it gets to 100%, but regardless it goes back into a boot loop.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

John

Are you copying all the files back onto your unit after updating winCE? If so and it is still in a boot loop try using a different SD card as it may be corrupting the files. Make sure you are copying all the required files and not just the supplied files for a mod. The FX 3.1 thread will supply you with everything you need.

Are you copying all the files back onto your unit after updating winCE? If so and it is still in a boot loop try using a different SD card as it may be corrupting the files. Make sure you are copying all the required files and not just the supplied files for a mod. The FX 3.1 thread will supply you with everything you need.

I can't get that far...as soon as it starts to write the WinCe, it goes into a bootloop. I never get to the windows screen that I used to get to that gave me the option of writing the new flash disk.

Halp!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey chuck... loving your mod! could you possibly tell me how to change all the green text in the menus to white. and would it be possible for me to change the carbon fiber backround to something a bit more subdued? i'm just not sure where to start. Thank you so much you have really helped to keep these units relavent.

post-31636-0-52166600-1334669459_thumb.jpg

Hey chuck... loving your mod! could you possibly tell me how to change all the green text in the menus to white. and would it be possible for me to change the carbon fiber backround to something a bit more subdued? i'm just not sure where to start. Thank you so much you have really helped to keep these units relavent.

Hey there, for the background, you can go to "Custom Settings" and select a different SCHEME (8 in total). If you don't like them, you would have to modify all the BMP yourself (time consuming, indeed).

To change the green color of the words, it is a template so you have to change only in one single place. Look at the file template_800_480.ui, at line 189:

<TEMPLATE xu_txtfoot w=178 font="TAHOMA_ABB" fontsize=30 color=#00ff00 glowsize=1 color2=#000020 align="center" valign="center-7">

Change the HEXAdecimal value of color=#00ff00 (00ff00 is green). You can google HEX COLOR to decide the value ...

Good luck!

Hey there, for the background, you can go to "Custom Settings" and select a different SCHEME (8 in total). If you don't like them, you would have to modify all the BMP yourself (time consuming, indeed).

To change the green color of the words, it is a template so you have to change only in one single place. Look at the file template_800_480.ui, at line 189:

<TEMPLATE xu_txtfoot w=178 font="TAHOMA_ABB" fontsize=30 color=#00ff00 glowsize=1 color2=#000020 align="center" valign="center-7">

Change the HEXAdecimal value of color=#00ff00 (00ff00 is green). You can google HEX COLOR to decide the value ...

Good luck!

Thanks for the quick reply Chuck... can you tell me where exactly I can find this line? I am thinking the sys.text but not sure.

You need to look in the data.zip file which is in apl2/igo

hey Chuck thanks again for the quick reply... I found the line, edited the color to fcfcfc and unfortunately i am getting a parse error when i try to start up the radio. Is there any way you could edit your data zip and post for me? Or maybe you know what I did wrong. I was able to subdue that screen we talked about. Thanks again. I will post a pic