AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

Hi Chuck88,

This is really a great job. I installed PRIMO and I'm really happy to use it.... There is only one thing that I like to have ""German Language""

Please can you tell me which files do I have to change (Modify) to have german language and speech? I tried to put the German language file in "Lang" and the voice and TTS-Voice in the ""Voice folder"" but still not working. It won't accept the TTS German language as in IGO.

I'll be thankfull for any help.

Regards

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chuck

Do you know if it's possible to add a different version of Primo just by installing a different data.zip?There seems a lot of versions out there,some with better UI than others.I have just bought a cheap unit off EBay which is running Primo but I would like to use the version you packaged with your mod,the one I am using in my RV.

Hey everybody....been away from the forum for too long, and now I have forgotten everything I thought i knew.

I own the F500BT and use it in Canada. For the last several months, everytime I try to plan a route, the unit reboots - it works fine in straight tracking mode.

Long story short, thought I would try to install Diaftia's mod, but now i can't get through the startup screen - straight to reboot. Already tried deleting and recopying the 2008 IGo maps - no joy.

Any viable suggestions welcomed!! (Including recommendations for other mods)

ps...Chuck, tried to send you a PM but the system would not take it.

Hi Chuck88,

This is really a great job. I installed PRIMO and I'm really happy to use it.... There is only one thing that I like to have ""German Language""

Please can you tell me which files do I have to change (Modify) to have german language and speech? I tried to put the German language file in "Lang" and the voice and TTS-Voice in the ""Voice folder"" but still not working. It won't accept the TTS German language as in IGO.

I'll be thankfull for any help.

Regards

Hi, I think that you either put the language file and voice file in the incorrect location or not of the compatible type of file.

For the former case, you have to put them under the LANG and VOICES folders of \My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo\CONTENT (and not \My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\CONTENT).

For the latter case, you would have to search a bit to find the compatible files.

Good lucks!

Hi Chuck

Do you know if it's possible to add a different version of Primo just by installing a different data.zip?There seems a lot of versions out there,some with better UI than others.I have just bought a cheap unit off EBay which is running Primo but I would like to use the version you packaged with your mod,the one I am using in my RV.

Hi Ovalball,

Nice hearing from you but sorry, no I don't have any experience on this ... This is probably a try-and-error stuff that you have to carry out. I package only a 800x480 résolution Primo, so if you eBay unit has this resolution, you might have a chance to make it works.

Good luck.

Hey everybody....been away from the forum for too long, and now I have forgotten everything I thought i knew.

I own the F500BT and use it in Canada. For the last several months, everytime I try to plan a route, the unit reboots - it works fine in straight tracking mode.

Long story short, thought I would try to install Diaftia's mod, but now i can't get through the startup screen - straight to reboot. Already tried deleting and recopying the 2008 IGo maps - no joy.

Any viable suggestions welcomed!! (Including recommendations for other mods)

ps...Chuck, tried to send you a PM but the system would not take it.

Hi, I don't know the problem with the PM matter, please contact the Admins of this site for helps if needed.

On your problem, not sure why, but make sure that after copying files, you still have enough space on the drive. For the reboot loop, make sure that all files of Diaftia's mod are copied. I know from experience that when you copy files under WinCE, if it can no longer find space on the 1.8 GB disk, it won't warn you; it just stops!!! And this causes many reboot loops from the many users.

Hi, I don't know the problem with the PM matter, please contact the Admins of this site for helps if needed. On your problem, not sure why, but make sure that after copying files, you still have enough space on the drive. For the reboot loop, make sure that all files of Diaftia's mod are copied. I know from experience that when you copy files under WinCE, if it can no longer find space on the 1.8 GB disk, it won't warn you; it just stops!!! And this causes many reboot loops from the many users.

OK....guess I haven't forgotten EVERYTHING...LOL. Managed to scrub the unit and reinstall the original stock software with the 2.0 update only. Now, remember that this is the F500BT - the ON-dash unit as opposed to IN-dash. I believe that it's available memory is significantly less than the F700 series or F900 series. I would appreciate some feedback from the members here regarding mods and updated maps. I had good results from the ALLINONE, and I am thinking seriously of trying Diaftia's mod again - any other suggestions? Chuck, did I see that you were working on one, and will it fit on the F500?

Thanks in advance!!

OK....guess I haven't forgotten EVERYTHING...LOL. Managed to scrub the unit and reinstall the original stock software with the 2.0 update only. Now, remember that this is the F500BT - the ON-dash unit as opposed to IN-dash. I believe that it's available memory is significantly less than the F700 series or F900 series. I would appreciate some feedback from the members here regarding mods and updated maps. I had good results from the ALLINONE, and I am thinking seriously of trying Diaftia's mod again - any other suggestions? Chuck, did I see that you were working on one, and will it fit on the F500? Thanks in advance!!
Hey everybody....been away from the forum for too long, and now I have forgotten everything I thought i knew. I own the F500BT and use it in Canada. For the last several months, everytime I try to plan a route, the unit reboots - it works fine in straight tracking mode. Long story short, thought I would try to install Diaftia's mod, but now i can't get through the startup screen - straight to reboot. Already tried deleting and recopying the 2008 IGo maps - no joy. Any viable suggestions welcomed!! (Including recommendations for other mods) ps...Chuck, tried to send you a PM but the system would not take it.

Well, it's a bust. Like I said, got the unit to fire up as stock, located the GPS signal and managed to set up a route. Went to reapply a mod, and the unit crashed. Now I can't even get it to power on. Too bad, really liked the portability of the F500.

Dude, I use a Canadian f500bt daily and have successfully ran Chucks mod, Diaftia's and now avicnet and I have had no problems. The f500bt is superior in some aspects such as its internal battery allows for a true standby mode which means it takes as little as 5 seconds to resume where it left off instead of doing a complete boot like the f700bt and f900bt (>1min to start navigating).

If you are having issues try to re-flash winCE and copy all files back onto the unit using a different SD then before. This thread will provide you with the necessary winCE files.

Dude, I use a Canadian f500bt daily and have successfully ran Chucks mod, Diaftia's and now avicnet and I have had no problems. The f500bt is superior in some aspects such as its internal battery allows for a true standby mode which means it takes as little as 5 seconds to resume where it left off instead of doing a complete boot like the f700bt and f900bt (>1min to start navigating).

If you are having issues try to re-flash winCE and copy all files back onto the unit using a different SD then before. This thread will provide you with the necessary winCE files.

Hello Ryar,

Thank you for the response. I think I may have a totally different issue - my power supply may be toast, or I have a hardware failure with the unit itself. Still checking things out. I do love the f500bt for the reasons you state, plus the fact that I do not have to remove the factory audio to make room for the nav unit. However, it seems like the f500 is becoming difficult to obtain. Would certainly consider taking on off someone's hands!!

If I can get this one running, or get my hands on another one, I may be in touch to compare notes with you.

Hi,

I have the German files in the correct folders and now I got everything in german :-) Everything is working, but only one thing "No GPS SIGNAL"

It stucks on "Waiting for GPS Signal", do you know what do I have to do? Do I need to edit my System.txt "GPS is working with IGO" Also when I open the GPS Settings it show 7 Satellites are available!!!

Regards

Hi,

I have the German files in the correct folders and now I got everything in german :-) Everything is working, but only one thing "No GPS SIGNAL"

It stucks on "Waiting for GPS Signal", do you know what do I have to do? Do I need to edit my System.txt "GPS is working with IGO" Also when I open the GPS Settings it show 7 Satellites are available!!!

Regards

ryar? Any thought? I think that you have the solution of this problem. It has been widely discussed.