AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

wow chuck! this is now up to 52 pages. I want to try your latest mod but when I tried to download files the site is asking me to login or sign up.. so Help me.

First page has too much details and it gets confusing. If you can make it clear and separated from old posts.. would help. Which files I have to download and what are specific files/folders should be copied where?

Thanks.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow chuck! this is now up to 52 pages. I want to try your latest mod but when I tried to download files the site is asking me to login or sign up.. so Help me.

First page has too much details and it gets confusing. If you can make it clear and separated from old posts.. would help. Which files I have to download and what are specific files/folders should be copied where?

Thanks.

Hi Steelth,

The link to th download of my mod is just under the second blue line of text of post #1, or you can following this link here: http://www.4shared.c...th_Pioneer.html, and no login is required. The password is www.avic411.com.

And yes, you're right. There are too much info on post #1 because I keep all the old historical data of the mod. I will try to eliminate those unrelevant texts when I have some free time ... being too busy at this time. :)

Cheers!

Hi, i have done the mod, but: the unit resets when i: wont to go to nav settings, set a destianation,

if i press buttons in the "Navigiation Menu".....buttons in the Map menu...

In primo mode i can see Satellite connection, but igo says "searching for satellite".

Hi Steelth,

The link to th download of my mod is just under the second blue line of text of post #1, or you can following this link here: http://www.4shared.c...th_Pioneer.html, and no login is required. The password is www.avic411.com.

And yes, you're right. There are too much info on post #1 because I keep all the old historical data of the mod. I will try to eliminate those unrelevant texts when I have some free time ... being too busy at this time. :)

Cheers!

Thanks Chuck.

Not sure, but I had to sign up. Else it would not allow me to download it. May be since I am in USA? But I will try this mod by next weekend.

Looks great. I have a question or 2. How do you save the display on your GPS to SD card? and another one is what do I have to do to show buildings show up on map? I had never have it. So may be just like POI do i have to turn it on or what? i have it on in one place though. I selected Middle and other options were close and far. Let me know. thanks.

Hi, i have done the mod, but: the unit resets when i: wont to go to nav settings, set a destianation,

if i press buttons in the "Navigiation Menu".....buttons in the Map menu...

In primo mode i can see Satellite connection, but igo says "searching for satellite".

Not sure to understand your question ...

For the GPS issue in Primo, ryar is saying that you have to disable the Gyro Sensor in the European version in order to let the GPS locks.

Thanks Chuck.

Not sure, but I had to sign up. Else it would not allow me to download it. May be since I am in USA? But I will try this mod by next weekend.

Looks great. I have a question or 2. How do you save the display on your GPS to SD card? and another one is what do I have to do to show buildings show up on map? I had never have it. So may be just like POI do i have to turn it on or what? i have it on in one place though. I selected Middle and other options were close and far. Let me know. thanks.

I just tried and 4share.com didn't ask for login. :)

Sorry no answer to your question #1.

For #2, yes you have to enable building in iGo (which is default), you have to have building file for your city in the CONTENT\Building folder. No all cities have building file though.

ok finally I installed your mod. Few problems..

1. POI, there is no POI except MSN Direct when I try to manage POI..Files are there in POI folder in APL2/Priomo folder

2. Map colors/Scheme are too dull for my choice. Is there any way I can use Abb's schemes by just putting his Scheme folder in there?

3. I like folder and other application interface, but yet to figure out how to get icons on main Map, I like Smart zoom and 3D more than 2d flat dull screen display.

4. Add pin to favorites is wonderful thing. Or say present location information and then be able to add it into favorites is what I missed with Abb1's mod. Still working on it, so it may take me few more days to properly explore the mod so that I can say more about it.

So, abb1s mode can not be applied to FW 4.0010 or so.. right?

Thanks for all your hard work.

- POI files has to be in the iGo\CONTENT\POI folder, not in Primo's. Primo uses the MAP, BUILDING, POI from iGo\CONTENT.

- Just put schemes in the scheme folder and select it. Please note that there are already many that you can choose from under iGo\CONTENT\SCHEME folders. For menu background color, you can always select from the "Custom Settings". There should be 6 or 7 custom colors.

- POI files has to be in the iGo\CONTENT\POI folder, not in Primo's. Primo uses the MAP, BUILDING, POI from iGo\CONTENT.

- Just put schemes in the scheme folder and select it. Please note that there are already many that you can choose from under iGo\CONTENT\SCHEME folders. For menu background color, you can always select from the "Custom Settings". There should be 6 or 7 custom colors.

Wow.. Thanks Chunk..

Let me tell you.. I was under impression that Primo must be something off the chain .. but I was disappointed from it. When I tried I Go today, I was totally satisfied. Only thing is, I have to get all Schemes from Abb1, I like my map to be high contrast colors and not washed out colors. But I am truly impressed by iGO functions and ease of use.

Thanks for correcting me for POI folder. I will put them in correct folder tomorrow.

One more thing, how to select 3D cars in iGO? I tried 2-3 different ways, none shows cars when i click button, Choose Cars, or go in 3D car menu where it says Init, there is nothing. I was able to select car for Primo but not for iGo..

Excellent work. Totally impressed. :) Thanks a lot man.

One more thing, how to select 3D cars in iGO? I tried 2-3 different ways, none shows cars when i click button, Choose Cars, or go in 3D car menu where it says Init, there is nothing. I was able to select car for Primo but not for iGo..

Excellent work. Totally impressed. :) Thanks a lot man.

Nice to know that you like it.

If I remember well, you have to click on INIT, then SCAN, then CHOOSE. It is possible that you have to restard iGo between INIT and SCAN, but I'm not quite sure ...

Hi chuck,

now it all works fine with my own colors. I now want a darker Background or less transparency behind the clock, kompass etc.

You have told someone how it works but I cant find it now.

Hummm, check on the following lines of chuck88_800_480.ui and change the alpha level to your liking:

;******************************************************************************
<layer ui_NavigateMapPerm z=3000>
;Mod on-cockpit buttons -------------------------------------------------------
   <SPRITE xxx bmp="CW_map_info_bg.bmp"  x=583 y=53 z=1 alpha=16 visiblemodel="gps.valid">
   <SPRITE xxx bmp="CW_map_info_bg.bmp"  x=567 y=53 z=1 alpha=16 visiblemodel="!gps.valid">

chuck

After years of modding My BT900 has decided its had enough and wont let me into testmode!The screen goeas blank but then it just boots up as normal.Tried different SD cards but no joy.Anyone with any ideas please?Dont know what i will do to fill my days!