AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

Chuck...Please check your instruction here. You asked to remove content\scheme folder but wanted to replace it with content folder.

It will remove everything from content including poi and maps.

I think it should be replace with content\scheme folder and not content.

Chuck.Thanks for your UK changes.Can you please check a couple of things out as mine is showing both the US and UK speed limit signs at the same time ie one on top of the other.I have selected UK in the custom menu but it is still the same.Also the numbers look as though they will not be in the centre of the red circle.I think the Y value should be changed to 195 for the text.BTW I think the blue sign posts are a very good match :smile: Thanks.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck...Please check your instruction here. You asked to remove content\scheme folder but wanted to replace it with content folder.

Well, you should delete "CONTENT\SCHEME" and copy "CONTENT" from my mod to "iGo", which is perfectly correct. In my "CONTENT" folder there is only one "SCHEME" folder.

I instructed so because I want everything to be copied to the "iGo" root folder.

Thanks!

Chuck.Thanks for your UK changes.Can you please check a couple of things out as mine is showing both the US and UK speed limit signs at the same time ie one on top of the other.I have selected UK in the custom menu but it is still the same.Also the numbers look as though they will not be in the centre of the red circle.I think the Y value should be changed to 195 for the text.BTW I think the blue sign posts are a very good match :smile: Thanks.

Thanks! I will check!

The stupid NavTeq maps that I use only have signposts for my region, but not speed limits, so it was never tested.

I will install TeleAltas (no signposts for my region).

Hey urtruelove78,

I add a red color notice to be sure everybody understand well the instructions.

Thanks.

Hi All,

Thanks for your support.

v2.80b was released. I will provide a description of it later. It fixed a problem with the speed limit sign versus UK/US mode. Sorry for the inconvenience!

There is a new MAP browsing mode, very handy, located under the MAP menu. Some menu icons are moved to other locations as a result of this addition.

Enjoy!

Hi All,

Thanks for your support.

v2.80b was released. I will provide a description of it later. It fixed a problem with the speed limit sign versus UK/US mode. Sorry for the inconvenience!

There is a new MAP browsing mode, very handy, located under the MAP menu. Some menu icons are moved to other locations as a result of this addition.

Enjoy!

Thanks for this addition Chuck.I look forward to trying out tomorrow(it is night time here and very cold :neutral:)

Chuck88,

Would it be possible to add and enable/disable option for the top menu? I found the fade out option, but how about been able to disable the menu completely?

You know what? I already have a personal version for that, just that I am very reluctant to release it to the public because I am somehow wanting to preserve what Abb has done for us, that very nice buttons bar. I don't use it often because I have big-ass fingers so it is very hard for me to touch it. Now that I have all the functionalities with my new popup menu, it might be reason to implement a permanent option for that bar ... look for update in the coming weeks!

In the meantime my friend, extract the attached file and store it under "My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ui_pioneer\common\ui" (it doesn't have to be in your DATA.zip), and you are good to go.

Enjoy!

navigatemap.zip

Sorry, but don´t work for me. Y have this message:

"Failed to open file:

ui_pioneer\/800x400\loading.bmp

exiting application"

Please, help me. Thanks

Did you open the DATA.zip file, add navigatemap.ui to ui_pioneer\common\ui, then rezip the DATA.zip file?

If so, you would have to use the 7zip utility to rezip it! Google it! It will not work with WinZip or another other compression utility.

Like I said above, you don't have to unzip DATA.zip to add the file. Just use the original DATA.zip and add the new zip using the instruction above.

Did you open the DATA.zip file, add navigatemap.ui to ui_pioneer\common\ui, then rezip the DATA.zip file?

If so, you would have to use the 7zip utility to rezip it! Google it! It will not work with WinZip or another other compression utility.

Like I said above, you don't have to unzip DATA.zip to add the file. Just use the original DATA.zip and add the new zip using the instruction above.

WRONG, I only use 7z for my image.res file, for Data.zip, I use winrar. This is the program that I have always used, and it works like a champ.

WRONG, I only use 7z for my image.res file, for Data.zip, I use winrar. This is the program that I have always used, and it works like a champ.

Hmmm, not wrong, as this is one of the solutions! I always used 7zip as well, and it has always worked for DATA.zip. Don't zip to .7z then rename (that won't work), just ask to compress directly to .zip.

WinRAR might also has a mode to create zip file though. I shouldn't have ruled that out.

One thing for sure, Winzip is not going to work with the iGo zip engine.

Hmmm, not wrong, as this one of the solutions! I always used 7zip as well, and it has always worked for DATA.zip. Don't zip to .7z then rename, just ask to compress directly to .zip.

WinRAR might also has a mode to create zip file though. I shouldn't have ruled that out.

One thing for sure, Winzip is not going to work with the iGo zip engine.

It works just fine, actually. You just have to be careful, since unlike other archivers it is rather brain-dead about preserving the directory structure when you edit a file directly from the archive.