AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

It works just fine, actually. You just have to be careful, since unlike other archivers it is rather brain-dead about preserving the directory structure when you edit a file directly from the archive.

I see but not sure. If you are talking about editing text files directly without extraction, it will rezip to the root of the zip struture (not working), I agreed!

Maybe I was using it to rezip the image.res, that is why it didn't work out.

:wink:

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see but not sure. If you are talking about editing text files directly without extraction, it will rezip to the root of the zip struture (not working), I agreed!

Maybe I was using it to rezip the image.res, that is why it didn't work out.

:wink:

'Zactly. RES files are actually compressed with 7Zip's own compression. Skin file uses standard ZIP compression. As long as the directory structure is mainained, I've had no problems using WinZIP. But either WinRAR or 7ZIP are better becasue they maintain structure automatically.

'Zactly. RES files are actually compressed with 7Zip's own compression. Skin file uses standard ZIP compression. As long as the directory structure is mainained, I've had no problems using WinZIP. But either WinRAR or 7ZIP are better becasue they maintain structure automatically.

Hmmm, unless something was hidden from me, you should maybe check it out.

I unzipped the actual DATA.zip under a folder \DATA, with the usual structure maintained, then change to inside \DATA folder, and then use Winzip to rezip to a file call DATA.zip. When opened/extracted, it has the exactly same structure as the original DATA.zip file (file somehow bigger by 600KB on a file of 16.5MB, which is normal). I couldn't however play it with the Emulator and got the exact same message:

"Failed to open file:

ui_pioneer\/800x400\loading.bmp

exiting application"

Zipped it back with 7zip in the same manner, it works!

Hmmm, unless something was hidden from me, you should maybe check it out.

I unzipped the actual DATA.zip under a folder \DATA, with the usual structure maintained, then change to inside \DATA folder, and then use Winzip to rezip to a file call DATA.zip. When opened/extracted, it has the exactly same structure as the original DATA.zip file (file somehow bigger by 600KB on a file of 16.5MB, which is normal). I couldn't however play it with the Emulator and got the exact same message:

"Failed to open file:

ui_pioneer\/800x400\loading.bmp

exiting application"

Zipped it back with 7zip in the same manner, it works!

Depending on version of WinZIP, you might need to set the compression level/method to match the original file. In any case, I would just use a better tool, but technically, WInZIP works as well.

If you did the hardware parking brake bypass on the harness, you won't need this flag. For those of us who forgot/found out about it after installation/suffer from extreme laziness, it helps avoid the button/control from being disabled by the parking brake.

For your modding masters, can anyone tell what "USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE" in the script is all about?

Sometime it is =0 and sometime =1. If I don't use it for button, radio, spirit, text etc, and it still works fine. :blink:

Thanks.

If you did the hardware parking brake bypass on the harness, you won't need this flag. For those of us who forgot/found out about it after installation/suffer from extreme laziness, it helps avoid the button/control from being disabled by the parking brake.

That make sense! So I guess =1 will disable to control if the car is not parked, and =0 the control will always be enabled. Right?

Thanks!

Sorry chuck.I haven't had chance to test it on the road but it works fine in simulate mode.will be able to test it better this coming weekend.

Chuck.Can you tell me where i can find the information back grouund bars which run along the bottom of the screen when navigating please.I am looking to either change the back ground colour or make the "chrome"less intense.I find it difficult to read the time to/distance to information against the current back ground.Thanks,

Chuck.Can you tell me where i can find the information back grouund bars which run along the bottom of the screen when navigating please.I am looking to either change the back ground colour or make the "chrome"less intense.I find it difficult to read the time to/distance to information against the current back ground.Thanks,

This one is not that easy, as it will change dynamically.

BMP: navigatemap.ui, search for "script sc_judgeicon", first 10 lines of this script

TEXT: navigatemap_800_480.ui, search for "layer ui_RouteinfoBackground z=5001".

I left it as it, which is from abb's mod.

Good luck.

P.S.: Did the option for UK OK?