AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ryar? Any thought? I think that you have the solution of this problem. It has been widely discussed.

Sure, assuming Travolta has a f900bt or f90bt with a gyro sensor it needs to be disabled. Instructions are on the 3rd post of the avicnet thread. After it is disabled he can use any mod with Primo.

Hello Chuck,

Got my F500BT back up and running. It is still on firmware 2.0 and WinCE 5.0. Do I have to upgrade anything before installing NavMod, or will the Flash Drive image do everything that I need?

Hi, I think that you need to update to FW 3.x to use any current mod of this forum. Happy hacking!

Hi,

installed your Scheme and it works fine till now (used older version before). Only thing i have to change is the TMC Message. I got them in German before now its only english. Where can I change the showing textfiles for that?

Hummm, I guess that I don't know the answer to this question ... sorry!

Anyone?

Another question to your schemes. I use an old scheme from this board, the background colors fits perfectly to my car. I changed the pictures and make a new image.res but i still got your images (exp. 746_32K_AV-004_32b.bmp). Where I have to change this?

It has been a long time ... Can you provide a pic of my picture that you want to change over?

Chuck

I have bought another Avic for car use(The F900 is in my RV)I want to put your mods onto it but it's only firmware V1.000,Can you answer these questions please.

Do you now how I can update the firmware on the 500 to V3

Or

If I buy from Pioneer the latest maps which come with the latest firmware,will I then be able to add your mods as I do on my 900?

I have updated a couple of F900 firmwares but the buttons are different on the 500 ie the reset button is on the back and there is no eject button.Would really appreciate any tips on getting the 500 hackable,as I am reluctant to just guess and ending up bricking it.

Update Chuck.

Sorted!Installed the 2.007 firmware from the OFFICIAL Pioneer website,then installed mods,maps etc and BINGO!It all works.Now I've got twice as many things to waste my time on....I love it!

Good for you ovalball, because I get messed up with all those FW versions!!! I know that all mods in this forum are made for FW 3.x and up, but don't know which version number it is referring to. :(

Cheers Chuck.The only thing I have lost is TMC ,the radio frequencies aren't showing.This 500 seems to be a different animal altogether than my trusty F900bt.

I think that F500 is well supported in this forum. Why don't you search under its own threads rather than under the F900? I think that lot of people are having it here.

Good lucks.