AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

First of all, thans for the quick responce.

But there are a big different between the select a another verhicles and the primo truck version. In the truck version you can set the heigt, widht e.g. special from the vehicle.

To set only the vihicle type in Igo set only the speed and arive time but do nothing with sizes from the vehicle :-(.

Ore understand I you wrong ? (my problem)

I try your link but the motorhome are not by home now (but this weekend he is here)

thanks and regards from the netherlands

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks again Ovalball. Sound fine. I try it this sunday than is my mobilhome bij home.

I think I have also needed new maps, poi's e.g.?

The IGO 8 dont work I think??

When I need new maps e.g. I have to put them in the same maps/structure/name as Igo (after deleting IGO)?

thanks again

Thanks all.

It have works till...... :?:neutral: my problem. I have deleted somting to mutch :? . But I am recover new and start again.

A question. Did I needed in app2 the map VBT?

It take a lots of space. And space (memory) is wath a needed in the FB900bt (Ihave a "better" one so not the 700 but the 900)

Please lett me now from the VBT map.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

O.K. all is "working".

I have drive a week with the primo 2 on the FB900 en it look nice only ....

- only sound when I use a sd card (I have reas someting about this in this forum but where....) Dit I have to beack to Promo 1.x(1.2?)

- straing somtimes I have nu GOPS signal.... also after restart (off/on unit) as after the reset from the system.... (push pen in little hole left corner radio) somethimes it help but almost :-(.

I have than 11 sitellits al most 90% so that is not the reasen.

Have some one a solution?

I use a 900BT europian version.

• 3 weeks later...

i am very new to F900 unit (UK version) and previously updated my system with 'Hybrid-4001', link below:

http://avic411.com/i...-guide-updated/

I have read couple of pages of this post and realised how much time and effort has been input by Chuck88. So thank you very much in advance. I haven't got complete understanding of 'How to' but i will give it a try over the weekend.

Thanks Chuck88

In the meantime, is there anyone who could advise me if it is fine to use Chuck's file on my current version of software and maps i.e. Hybrid version + Europe Q42011 maps.

Edit: I have also downloaded Chuck's file named "NavMod3.4a.zip" but when I try to open it, i get an error "Cannot open file; it does not appear to be a valid archive". Am I missing some thing here ! *Now resolved*

Has anyone got Primo 2 running smoothly yet ?I gave up after constant freezing.I read somewhere you need 128 m of RAM to use the advanced features of Primo 2.

Hi Ovalball,

Ive been running Primo 2.0 since it came out with no issues, even running it simultanious with HOBdrive. I don't use TTS or have any waypoints displayed on the map (except favorites) although I do have some raster maps. I remember at one point after selecting the option to show all gas stations and whatnot that it did crash a few times. Also, are you sure the ezrider process is killed prior to the launch of Primo? I'm not sure what else to suggest besides doing a wipe of your My Flash Disk and starting from scratch. Don't we have 200+ MB of ram on our AVICs? It should be plenty enough, Ive read posts where people were running Primo on 64 MB units (can't recall if it was 2.0 however). Odd it freezes on you, usually when I have experienced memory issues Primo crashed and an "out of memory" box popped up. Keep trying, you will get it working. :)

Hi Ryar

Thanks for the reply.Im thinking it may be my unit which is at fault because I've started to have a few issues running IGO aswell.I think the years of going into test mode has finally taken its toll.I will try going right back to basics when I get a free weekend to spare.Otherwise I will have to replace it.What with ??

In dash? Hard to say. Can't beat an AVIC f-series. If it is a dashtop you want any android tablet with gps and a mount work very well. Currently running Torque (Android OBDII software) on the dashtop and Primo 2.0 on the in-dash. Once you have dual screens, you can't go back xD.

• 5 months later...

FIrst, this is a great mod! Everything I could want all in one package. I do have 2 questions though. I got everything installed and working just fine. I am having 2 problems. First, when I change the illumination color to a custom one and set it, when I restart the unit, it goes back to the scanning colors. It wont save the custom color. Second, when I try to change the interface color, it shows all the pop up windows and says that it has been done successfully and asked me to reboot the system. I do it and it is still stuck on the chrome interface color. I have wiped the user data but am still having both these issues. I tried searching for an answer to these two but haven't had any luck. Thanks in advance.