AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Abb, no offense at all :wink:

From the result of the smartzoom poll, it seems that you are the only one who hate smartzoom! :mrgreen:

Cheers!

Nope, there's three of us :D, mind you, out of thousands of members, only 20 voted, that's it. That just tells me that everyone is on the same page. I don't hate smartzoom, I just don't have any use for it, and unfortunately with only 20 people voting, the rest of the members are in compliance with my thoughts :)

Nope, there's three of us :D, mind you, out of thousands of members, only 20 voted, that's it. That just tells me that everyone is on the same page. I don't hate smartzoom, I just don't have any use for it, and unfortunately with only 20 people voting, the rest of the members are in compliance with my thoughts :)

Okido! But I had learned that this is called statistics, which should be representative of a general pool of population, even only a fraction of them have voted (like real-life survey). <_<

Okido! But I had learned that this is called statistics, which should be representative of a general pool of population, even only a fraction of them have voted (like real-life survey). <_<

Yeah, theoretical, it sounds right, but unfortunately, it is not, and that is why I dont hold much out for the results of most polls. it is like this, Those that are NOT interested, will not vote. Reason being, why bother going on a web site and voting for something that you do not care about? Chances are that you will just ignore it. One of my tech forums has regular polls. I only vote in the ones that interest me, the others I dont even look at. So looking at statistics, there have been a total of 17 people out of several thousand that are for the 'smartzoom'! That is NOT GOOD! That tells me that most people dont care about it one way or the other, especially considering the fact that your thread had 1,745 Views, and only 17 people voted in favor. That is called 'statistics' :rolleyes:

OK Thanks.UK version works fine except one strange thing.When it first boots up it has a speed camera icon next to my home address that has never been there before.Also when i press any other button it goes away,only to return on next reboot!!Strange but I can live with it :-D

OK Thanks.UK version works fine except one strange thing.When it first boots up it has a speed camera icon next to my home address that has never been there before.Also when i press any other button it goes away,only to return on next reboot!!Strange but I can live with it :-D

It was not there in previous mods, right?

I will check! There are lines of code that were commented out as UK address (left and right side switched comapred to US address??? I don't know why), I enabled that code and maybe that is the problem. I will return it to the previous state.

It was not there in previous mods, right?

I will check! There are lines of code that were commented out as UK address (left and right side switched comapred to US address??? I don't know why), I enabled that code and maybe that is the problem. I will return it to the previous state.

Chuck.I am really trying to do a bit of modding because I want to try to put a bit back to the forum instead of relying on others(like you and Abb)I have tweaked a couple of things but i am struggling to get the numbers (Time to destination and distance to destination)moved up a bit so that they are in the boxes and not sticking out the bottom as in the attachment.Any chance you can help me along a bit.I have tried for hours but no change.Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

AVIC2.bmp

Motte,

If you are reading this poste, I just want to thank you for the transparency layers that you have done on the buttons and alike. They are truely very nice and render the interface more professional, especially on top of Abb's Chrome background.

I consider strongly include those BMP in my next update to share with other members.

Congratulations again my friend!

If you have other good ideas, please do share.

Chuck.

Chuck.I am really trying to do a bit of modding because I want to try to put a bit back to the forum instead of relying on others(like you and Abb)I have tweaked a couple of things but i am struggling to get the numbers (Time to destination and distance to destination)moved up a bit so that they are in the boxes and not sticking out the bottom as in the attachment.Any chance you can help me along a bit.I have tried for hours but no change.Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

If you use JPG instead of BMP when inserting image, it will be much smaller in size :rolleyes: .

It is my pure pleasure to help you out, as much as I can find time. With my situation, I doubt that I can hang around for a long time, so I will release something that I really like, then will just retire from the scene!

So if you can drop it and take the torch to continue, it will be just one word: GREAT for the rest of the community.

For the (x,y) that you are requesting, look at NavigateMap.ui, and search for the script "sc_routeinfo_navi". As you can see, the offset happened because you have change the fonts, so to adjust the coordinate, just adjust the y coordinate in the following code:

txt_NMRText1_num.x 52
txt_NMRText1_num.y 395
txt_NMRText1_unit.x 102
txt_NMRText1_unit.y 395
txt_NMRText2_num.x 180
txt_NMRText2_num.y 395
txt_NMRText2_unit.x 230
txt_NMRText2_unit.y 395
txt_NMRText3_num.x 1000
txt_NMRText3_num.y 400
txt_NMRText3_unit.x 1000
txt_NMRText3_unit.y 400

You can see that Text3 are set to x=1000 (max is 800), so it is out of the screen because there is no field for Text3 (selectable under Map Visual/Display Info).

In the next script "sc_routeinfo_infoscreen", those settings applied to the same fields, except that they are for the nav split screen.

Good lucks!

If you use JPG instead of BMP when inserting image, it will be much smaller in size :rolleyes: .

It is my pure pleasure to help you out, as much as I can find time. With my situation, I doubt that I can hang around for a long time, so I will release something that I really like, then will just retire from the scene!

So if you can drop it and take the torch to continue, it will be just one word: GREAT for the rest of the community.

For the (x,y) that you are requesting, look at NavigateMap.ui, and search for the script "sc_routeinfo_navi". As you can see, the offset happened because you have change the fonts, so to adjust the coordinate, just adjust the y coordinate in the following code:

txt_NMRText1_num.x 52
txt_NMRText1_num.y 395
txt_NMRText1_unit.x 102
txt_NMRText1_unit.y 395
txt_NMRText2_num.x 180
txt_NMRText2_num.y 395
txt_NMRText2_unit.x 230
txt_NMRText2_unit.y 395
txt_NMRText3_num.x 1000
txt_NMRText3_num.y 400
txt_NMRText3_unit.x 1000
txt_NMRText3_unit.y 400

You can see that Text3 are set to x=1000 (max is 800), so it is out of the screen because there is no field for Text3 (selectable under Map Visual/Display Info).

In the next script "sc_routeinfo_infoscreen", those settings applied to the same fields, except that they are for the nav split screen.

Good lucks!

Chuck.THANK YOU!!I was close I had actually changed the Y positions on the split screen instead.Now everything is good so I can carry on tweaking.Thank you once again for your help.

Yeah, theoretical, it sounds right, but unfortunately, it is not, and that is why I dont hold much out for the results of most polls. it is like this, Those that are NOT interested, will not vote. Reason being, why bother going on a web site and voting for something that you do not care about? Chances are that you will just ignore it. One of my tech forums has regular polls. I only vote in the ones that interest me, the others I dont even look at. So looking at statistics, there have been a total of 17 people out of several thousand that are for the 'smartzoom'! That is NOT GOOD! That tells me that most people dont care about it one way or the other, especially considering the fact that your thread had 1,745 Views, and only 17 people voted in favor. That is called 'statistics' :rolleyes:

We have 4 more people voted, which is good sign after our debating!

Yes or no, others please join in.

Typical smartzoom operation pictures are found here: SMARTZOOM PICTURES.

Yeah, I removed it since I don't find use of it. Did you ask this because it has to be there for some reason?

Thanks.

Chuck,

In the file "Sys" are a few lines:

[3dcar]

work_dir = "\ My Flash Disk \ APL2 \ iGo"

mortscript = "\ My Flash Disk \ APL2 \ iGo \ Extension \ Themechanger \ MortScript.exe"

In the last line, referred to the subfolder "Themechanger" and "Themechanger" does not exist.

The "Scan List" in "Choose vehicle" does not work for me.

How do I get to work?

Thanks