AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck/Abb Are these the colours which are used within our Avics?

http://www.web-source.net/216_color_chart.htm

I don't know, but if you could give me a color that everybody would prefer and matching european highway signpost, I will be glad.

Just FYI, for your european friends, I am coming up with an unified version that you will be able to select UK or US, and this setting will be saved upon rebooting.

I don't know, but if you could give me a color that everybody would prefer and matching european highway signpost, I will be glad.

Just FYI, for your european friends, I am coming up with an unified version that you will be able to select UK or US, and this setting will be saved upon rebooting.

RGB(0,112,255)This seems to be the nearest colour match as far as I can make out.

Think I can receive PM again.Found that my message usage was 100%!Deleted a load and now should be OK.

Hey, Chuck, do you happen to know where the font for just the signposts are located? I have hunted and hunted for JUST THE FONT and I cannot find it. I want to be able to revert it back to the original font.

Thanx,

Bud

Bud, if you were using the special fonts from Abb's mods (v2.x, v3.x or v4.x), you would have to restore the original TAHOMA.TTF and TAHOMABD.TTF under the iGo\ folder.

If not, post a screen shot and let me see.

Hi,

For your UK users, the updated UNIFIED mod with US/UK, Audio Menu ON/OFF selectable was released. I called it v2.80a since changes are very minor.

See the first post for download and instructions for this long awaited option. :mrgreen:

Good lucks.

I was able to add some "FONT=" to a few lines in the navmap_800/480 so I could get them to look right. I like the redone fonts for the mos part. I renamed the original Tahoma and TahomaBD with a "1" suffix so that it would only apply to the ones I wanted to change instead of making a global change but for the life of me I cannot see where the font override resides in the entire Flash Disk for the freeway signposts!

I'll get a pic and show you.

Thanx,

Bud

TIPS FOR YOU MODDERS OR TO-BE-MODDERS: This is the method that I always used to update the mod within iGo, without rebuilding DATA.ZIP and booting into TestMode, which save me enormous time!

So, if this is an upgrade and you have access to WinCE Commander, you don't have to boot to TestMode. With exception to DATA.ZIP, you can copy all other files and folders to "My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo" directly from the WinCE Commander program. As for DATA.ZIP, you can use "Resource Info" to end the "iGo" process, then copy DATA.ZIP, then restart your AVIC with Restart.exe.

If you modify any UI script and want try it out without rebuilding the DATA.ZIP, you can just create ui_pioneer\800_480\ui or ui_pioneer\common\ui and copy the modified scripts into the appropriate folder. Files outside DATA.ZIP has priority over those inside it.

Of course, this also work with the AVIC Emulator.

Enjoy!!! :cool:

RGB(0,112,255)This seems to be the nearest colour match as far as I can make out.

Think I can receive PM again.Found that my message usage was 100%!Deleted a load and now should be OK.

Hey ovalball, this composition is much better.

Look at the first post for download.

Hey ovalball, this composition is much better.

Look at the first post for download.

Chuck, for colors of the sign posts, you have to try them out as they are a LOT lighter in reality as they are by the RGB chart. Trust me, I know as I use the RGB chart when creating colors for my schemes

Chuck, for colors of the sign posts, you have to try them out as they are a LOT lighter in reality as they are by the RGB chart. Trust me, I know as I use the RGB chart when creating colors for my schemes

Thanks for the tip! I tried the suggested one and found it very pleasant to look at. I would however leave it to the european community to provide comments.

Cheers!

Optional: I have collected the ten (10) most beautiful schemes from abb1’s work and put them in my AVIC under a footprint of less than 8.5 MB (YES, EIGHT POINT FIVE MEGABYTES). So if you want, instead of storing a huge 140 MB GFX and SCHEME folders to waste your Flash disk resource, you can optionally delete your existing “My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\GFX†folder (NOT the one inside DATA.ZIP) and ““My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\CONTENT\SCHEMEâ€, then copy both CONTENT and GFX folder from the archive to “My Flash Disk\APL2\iGoâ€. Please don't forget to delete your user settings folder as instructed above or at least select "Pioneer's blue day" as scheme before deleting the GFX folder. You will otherwise encountered problems upon rebooting.

Happy modding!

Chuck...Please check your instruction here. You asked to remove content\scheme folder but wanted to replace it with content folder.

It will remove everything from content including poi and maps.

I think it should be replace with content\scheme folder and not content.