AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

:o:P:D

Hey Chuck:

I like this one..has more stuff than my mod but still simple. Great Job...

Question for you:

I would like to move the current speed down to lower right instead at top right. What line or script would I need to change so I can move it?

Thanks

Jimbo

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Chuck:

I like this one..has more stuff than my mod but still simple. Great Job...

Question for you:

I would like to move the current speed down to lower right instead at top right. What line or script would I need to change so I can move it?

Thanks

Jimbo

Hi Jimbo,

The map interface is now highly optimized for components placement. If you move the current speed down, it will eventually interfere with other components, such as Audio Artworks, No Turn Indication, SpeedCam Sign, Speed Limit Sign, Elevation Sign, Lane Info etc etc.

If you still want to venture into it, search "current speed" in the NavigateMap_800_480.ui and change its x and y coordinates.

Voila!

Chuck,thanks but i'm way off becoming a modder yet!!I am now trying to replace the MSN button with a TMC button.....any help appreciated.I will of course be happy to send you the UK version when(if??)iget it finished.

Regards

Which button are you trying to replace? The one on the menu icons bar? If so it is at the beginning of the Navigatemap_800_480.ui file, I believe the TMC icon has been commented out, so all you have to do is to remove the ";" before the line and comment out MSN Direct icon. Make sure that they are using the same (x,y) though.

You would also have to play with this new icon's alpha level in the Navigatemap.ui file (under common\ui), quite simple, you will see!

Good lucks!

Chuck88,

One question, maybe I missed it, but how in the world can you remove the top menu button from the screen? The ones at the very top.

Go to Navi Settings, Custom (text button on the bottom of the screen), and set Fading ON to 100%. You have to wait a couple of seconds before the menu icons bar fades out once back in the map screen.

See last snapshot of the first screen in the thread for setting menu image.

Which button are you trying to replace? The one on the menu icons bar? If so it is at the beginning of the Navigatemap_800_480.ui file, I believe the TMC icon has been commented out, so all you have to do is to remove the ";" before the line and comment out MSN Direct icon. Make sure that they are using the same (x,y) though.

You would also have to play with this new icon's alpha level in the Navigatemap.ui file (under common\ui), quite simple, you will see!

Good lucks!

Chuck. I have managed to get rid of the MSN button and have replaced it with the TMC button-and it works!!Only problem is i am getting this message(attached) on start up and cant figure out why.Any help please?

tmc.bmp

Chuck. I have managed to get rid of the MSN button and have replaced it with the TMC button-and it works!!Only problem is i am getting this message(attached) on start up and cant figure out why.Any help please?

That is what I said earlier: "You would also have to play with this new icon's alpha level in the Navigatemap.ui file (under common\ui), quite simple, you will see!"

You have a name for your icon, just replace btnNMB_MSN_onmap by your TMC icon name (btnNMB_TMC_onmap ???) in NavigateMap.ui under common\ui, in 3 different places in that file I think, just search for the btnNMB_MSN_onmap thing.

Let me know.

P.S.: I wll make it for you, but I need the UK version of V2.75!

Hi Chuch88 nice mod. I have a question are you planning to make this mod with no msn button? And also the speedcamera warning is covering the display of the road . Maybe you can make it a little bit smaller and move it to the right lower corner ? What do you think? Thanks

That is what I said earlier: "You would also have to play with this new icon's alpha level in the Navigatemap.ui file (under common\ui), quite simple, you will see!"

You have a name for your icon, just replace btnNMB_MSN_onmap by your TMC icon name (btnNMB_TMC_onmap ???) in NavigateMap.ui under common\ui, in 3 different places in that file I think, just search for the btnNMB_MSN_onmap thing.

Let me know.

Chuck, you can't just change the button or it's characteristics and have it go to TMC. It is an entire line of script that has to be changed. If you are interested in putting in a UK version for your 2.80, PM me and I will send you the files and the scripts

Chuck, you can't just change the button or it's characteristics and have it go to TMC. It is an entire line of script that has to be changed. If you are interested in putting in a UK version for your 2.80, PM me and I will send you the files and the scripts

Hi Abb,

I probably understand what you mean. The icon that I am referring to is only to bring up the "TMC Events". Nothing else!

There is also two underlying screens called "TMC Settings" and "TMC Parameters", that can be bring up otherwise.

I am going to PM you. I probably need only the UK version v2.75 of all UI files, those under:

pioneer_ui\800_480\ui\*.ui

pioneer_ui\common\ui\*.ui

Thanks for your helps.

IMPORTANT:

Hello everyone,

I just added a poll on the use of the Smartzoom Navigation feature at the top of the page. Please have time to pick your choice. As Smartzoom coding is not a trivial feature and require complexe coding, the polling results could be used by current or upcoming modders to orient their design and coding efforts.

Thanks!

Let me know.

Thanks for that Chuck.I have commented out a couple of lines in common\ui which referred to MSN and all seems well(at least on the emulator)I have posted a UK version for you to have a look at here.http://www.4shared.com/file/Gxj_o3AT/DATA.html

I will now go out try it out "for real"so fingers crossed.

Thanks for that Chuck.I have commented out a couple of lines in common\ui which referred to MSN and all seems well(at least on the emulator)I have posted a UK version for you to have a look at here.http://www.4shared.com/file/Gxj_o3AT/DATA.html

I will now go out try it out "for real"so fingers crossed.

Ovalball,

You have 2 instances of btnNMB_TMC_onmap enabled. You should disable the one at line 146 (old style), as it is wrongly depending on GPS signal to be shown or hidden.

Leave the one on line 109 is fine!

This is too easy. But how about the highway sign color? Can you give me the composition RGB of your blue highway signpost?

Abb, the RGB setting under ui_pioneer\common\laneinfo_signpost.ini. Anyway to change this RGB within scripts during runtime?