AVIC411.com

few questions about installing f900bt

I was wonder what is the best mounting kit to install this radio in a 2007 caravan. Also this vehicle has the steering wheel controls, I was wondering where the inputs are on this radio. I realize i would need some kind of converter but I dont see any input wires on the radio. what bezel surrounds this radio the best, I plan on using that to mold it into the factory bezel, it would look the best.

there is no "input wires" for the steering wheel controls, its just a 2.5mm jack on the back of the unit, and you will need a steering wheel control adapter for you car.

according to metra

http://www.metraonline.com/productsl.aspx

the 07 caravan/grand caravan has a 1.5 din radio with round corners, so a double din radio would not fit with out extensive custom modification, the caravans didn't switch to a double din radio until the 08 model.

yes, I know they are not double din, I had to clear out some of the dash, and modify the bezel. But I still need a kit that I can use to mold into to the bezel. I did take a shot in the dark and ordered a metra kit. I am hoping it is the right size. I played a dvd in this recently I noticed the sound is very low, at least compared to a cd or radio, you have to turn it up to about 40 to start to hear it.

well we have no ideal what kit is going to work best for you since you will have to modify the dash, as HOW you modify it will determine what dash kit(if any) will work out for you. i would just make a mounting bracket system to hold the radio into the dash, and then trim the dash accordingly to let the radio show thruogh, as long as you are just making the hole bigger, you should be able to cut it closely enough to not need any thing like that, and if you need to fill any thing in just use fiberglass for that as it can be molded to what ever you need it to be.

DVD's have a very large "dynamic range" of sound, the difference between the loudest explosion and the quietest talking. basically like how when watching a movie with surround sound, you need to turn it up a lot to hear all the people talking to each other, but then when a gun goes off its so loud it wakes the neighbors. TV's alone dont usually have this problem nearly as bad because by the time that you have turned it up loud enough to hear the quiet stuff, the amp and speakers dont have enough "head room" to get a whole lot louder (most of the time the tvs will just truncate the upper levels of the sound) but this is always a common issue with s lot mobile video systems.

there is no "input wires" for the steering wheel controls, its just a 2.5mm jack on the back of the unit, and you will need a steering wheel control adapter for you car.

according to metra

http://www.metraonline.com/productsl.aspx

the 07 caravan/grand caravan has a 1.5 din radio with round corners, so a double din radio would not fit with out extensive custom modification, the caravans didn't switch to a double din radio until the 08 model.

is it the one that says wired remote?