AVIC411.com

AVIC-X920BT Splash Screen Aspect Ratio Tutorial

Hello everyone,

I didn't see any posts that talked about the pixel aspect ratio of the AVIC-X920BT so I thought I would share this information:

The AVIC-X920BT display is 5.3125 Inches x 2.8125 Inches = 1.889 Aspect Ratio

The AVIC-X920BT resolution is 800 Pixels x 480 Pixels = 1.667 Aspect Ratio

In other words, the pixels are NOT square like on a digital camera or computer monitor. If you simply crop an image to 800x480, it will look vertically squished on the AVIC-X920BT screen.

To get the aspect ratio correct, resize your image to 800x424 keeping the original aspect ratio. Next, vertically stretch the image to 800x480. Now you're ready to drop the image into the "Pictures" folder on your SD card and enjoy it on your AVIC-X920BT! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To get the aspect ratio correct, resize your image to 800x424 keeping the original aspect ratio. Next, vertically stretch the image to 800x480. Now you're ready to drop the image into the "Pictures" folder on your SD card and enjoy it on your AVIC-X920BT! :wink:

Hey thanks for the great info. I do have a question. I can crop my image to 800x424 in Photoshop, but I don't know what you mean when you say vertically stretch the image to 800x480. How do you vertically stretch an image? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey thanks for the great info. I do have a question. I can crop my image to 800x424 in Photoshop, but I don't know what you mean when you say vertically stretch the image to 800x480. How do you vertically stretch an image? Thanks!

Every photo editor is slightly different, but usually there's a resize menu option where you can specify the new dimensions. You may have to uncheck "lock aspect ratio" or something similar.