AVIC411.com

Ipod and Z120BT Performance?

Hello:

I've been enjoying my Z120BT for about 3 weeks now! My only gripe is the touch-screen scroll response when navigation folders of MP3 files on either my HighSpeed SD card or USB drive.

My Question: From those that have an Ipod connectied to their AVIC, is the touch-screen scroll response noticeably better via the Ipod vs. SD card or USB?

Naturally I ask since I do NOT have an Ipod but would consider one (and the connecting cable) if this would solve the problem mentioned above? Don't want to waste money on an iPod if won't help the problem?

Thanks for any help?

B3

I've got an iPhone 3GS hooked up through the iPod interface and it's great. It does take a half second (or so) to load additional song titles when you first start scrolling through a playlist, but not bad considering how fast you gotta scroll to get into that. You can pickup a 8GB iPod nano for $149 and give it a shot. There's also tons of videos on YouTube, checkout the AVIC411 YouTube channel if your looking at how it works.

I tend to keep my ipod classic connected, in my car at all times. I don't listen to the radio much. I wish the Ipod had a "auto-shutoff" feature. This way, the battery on the ipod doesn't die and seemingly disconnect from the headunit until it is charged enough to power back on. I only take my ipod classic out to update it with new music I have.

My other gripe that if I have the ipod set to shuffle (via the head unit), then I turn off my car, when I come back and turn it back on again, I have to put it in shuffle mode again. I probably shouldn't blame Pioneer for this, but it sure would be nice to have my 2 concerns fixed.

I'm evaluating the Pioneer Z120BT and I can't say I'm thrilled with the iPod interface...

Most of it is pretty fast but I dislike the "cube" animations because it just slows down navigation between the menus and if you want to skip a song it takes a full second or two for every song. Therefore, if you press the skip track button a couple of times in a row it will lag for a considerable amount of time.

Very disappointing :(

I'm evaluating the Pioneer Z120BT and I can't say I'm thrilled with the iPod interface...

Most of it is pretty fast but I dislike the "cube" animations because it just slows down navigation between the menus and if you want to skip a song it takes a full second or two for every song. Therefore, if you press the skip track button a couple of times in a row it will lag for a considerable amount of time.

Very disappointing :(

Then don't use Music Sphere, it isn't required. Even without it, the Z120 ipod interface is still one of the best. And, other than the lag in firing-up Music Sphere, I don't notice any objectionable lag in skipping tracks. It isn't as fast as directly using the ipod buttons, which is understandable since the touch-screen press must be validated (they screen interface must be desensitized somewhat to eliminate errant touches), and forwarded to the ipod - which also has some lag.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...