AVIC411.com

Members...please help.

I have a dealer installed Avic z1. The voice guidance does not work. I do get the "you have arrived at your destination" message but not turn by turn voice guidance.

Also, possibly related, I see that the speed sensor stays at 0 while I'm driving, vehicle dynamics don't work and time to destination doesn't work. I thought it just needed time to initialize but it has been over 1000 miles.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Well the vehicle dynamics and speed sensor is at 0 because of your VSS wire not being connected or connected to the wrong wire.

For the no voice guidance....

There should be a speaker icon on the bottom right of the map screen. Does it have an X through it. See page 31 of the manual. If there is an X that's to turn off the voice guidance. If it's a speaker, then that's very weird.

If you don't see it... hit MENU and then MAP, then touch [Displayed Info].

The Displayed Info screen appears. You want to make sure Show Mute Button is VIEW, and then make sure there is no red X on that icon.

For the VSS wire:

Check the

MENU - SETTINGS - HARDWARE - 3D Calibration (or something with the 3D in it, should be just to the right of CONNECTION STATUS).

That should (at best) say simple hybrid, but any other errors in there should show up. I don't know if there is something else in there. It could be.

But I ran for months without my VSS wire and I don't remember, but I thought I had voice guidance and distance left in your route. I don't know why that should be linked to the VSS wire.

You could make a stink and get the dealer to hook up the VSS wire correctly, that might make everything come back.

i know for fact that voice guide is NOT dependent on the vss wire, nor the travel time. That one has me at a loss of word for what could be wrong.

My first thought on the "no voice guidance" is.. "is it turned on?" If mdstecyk can hear "you have arrived at the destination" that means the speakers are ok. But you can turn off the turn by turn guidance. That would be my first thought.

I don't know what would effect the travel time. Maybe VSS, but I didn't think so. I don't know one way or the other.

I would check that the voice guidance is turned on. Then fix the VSS wire and see if there are any other issues you see. That might clear up all the problems.

the only way that the vss could be to blame is if it was grounded or something similar. but I would guess that the satellite would pick up that and fix it once moving. that would be for the travel time and NOT the turn by turn part. it is sure weird though

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...