AVIC411.com

F700BT iPod/iPhone left channel dies

Okay, first things first. This is an intermittent problem. It started happening 6 months ago in my Tacoma. I sold the Tacoma, and moved my system to my Volkswagen, and the problem persists. It happens probably 2-3 times every two weeks. However, it is becoming more frequent.

First the information...

Car 1:

2007 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner

Replaced: Base stereo

Car 2:

2004 Volkswagen Golf GL TDI

Replaced: Base stereo - NOT THE MONSOON SYSTEM

Headunit:

Pioneer AVIC-F700BT (from SonicElectronix 2 years ago)

CD-IU230V iPod/iPhone interface cable (from Best Buy 2 years ago)

GEX-P920XM XM Tuner (from eBay - used)

External:

iPod Classic 120GB 2.01 software

iPhone 3GS 8GB iOS 4.1 software

Stock speakers in all four doors

GM-D7500M Amplifier (from coworker)

TS-SW1041D Pioneer Premier 10" Subwoofer (from SonicElectronix 2 years ago)

Now the problem... While listening to music on the iPhone or the iPod. The left channel will suddenly drop out and become static at a very low volume. Switching between the iPod and the iPhone doesn't seem to make a difference. It happens on either one, but I mostly listen to the iPhone as the iPod stays at my desk at work. The only solution to this is to turn off the car and turn it back on. This doesn't always work either. I have double checked all the connections, and none are loose. One other possibly unrelated issue - the iPhone does not always charge. Sometimes I will get a message saying that the accessory does not support iPhone charging. These two issues rarely happen at the same time.

I have this problem with my X910 as well. It started off happening every now and then but now its all the time. unplugging the ipod or USB cable and re-plugging solves the problem but only for a short while. its to the point now where unplugging it only fixes the problem for a few seoconds.

this is not an uncommon problem and it seems to be the result of a bad ipod cable. i have not replaced mine yet but this is most lilely the solution.

I have this problem with my X910 as well. It started off happening every now and then but now its all the time. unplugging the ipod or USB cable and re-plugging solves the problem but only for a short while. its to the point now where unplugging it only fixes the problem for a few seoconds.

this is not an uncommon problem and it seems to be the result of a bad ipod cable. i have not replaced mine yet but this is most lilely the solution.

Well, I may be doing that this week. I listen to the music on my iPod/iPhone far too much. I also need to do the E-Brake bypass on the unit.

FYI - this unit has no modifications except the upgrade to 3.0...