AVIC411.com

X920BT IPOD problem

As it's stated in the manual, 4th Gen iPods are not supported.

You are *likely* correct because you've been around these units a while...and because this guy was obviously having problems with that one model.

However, I disagree with you if you believe it's 100% clear in the manual.

I'm reading it right now...it has a line for "iPod Classic: Ver 2.0.2" without being 100% clear which generations of classic they mean on that line....so it doesn't make clear on that line if the 4th gen is specifically excluded. And the other line listing the "iPod fifth generation" as a stand-alone also doesn't mean the 4th gen is specifically excluded.

Also, it says others than those listed "may" not work correctly. That doesn't mean they definitely wouldn't, it means they MAY not....so this guy was cool asking about it. This was NOT a clear-cut case of "read the manual" in my humble opinion....we've got plenty of such cases on this forum, but this wasn't one.

The "classic" destiction is on 6th and 7th gen iPods only. People mistakingly refer to all "original looking" as classics but that is not correct. The 4th Gen is not supported period. The minimal "original looking" iPod is the first gen iPod video, also known as the 5th Gen and from there on.

• 2 weeks later...

The "classic" destiction is on 6th and 7th gen iPods only. People mistakingly refer to all "original looking" as classics but that is not correct. The 4th Gen is not supported period. The minimal "original looking" iPod is the first gen iPod video, also known as the 5th Gen and from there on.

Just wondering which generation/version would a brand new iPod classic be??? If an iPod classic is not 5th generation or version 2.02, is it possible to program/ upload version 2.02 onto it and if so which webite would have it?? It would be nice to post this & the answers onto a sticky so it stays on top for easier reference for other users..

Odie

No, noobs will still come here and ask a question without bothering to help themselves first when the answer can easily be found with just a little effort.

come on with that noob shit, thats why forums like this are here. its a community for a reason and sometimes a persons simple answer is easier the skimming a million words worth of stuff on a cd rom or pdf as a paper manual (for good reason) is no longer available.

you were helpful to me when i got my first avic deck but i had no idea you hated the questions.

come on with that noob shit, thats why forums like this are here. its a community for a reason and sometimes a persons simple answer is easier the skimming a million words worth of stuff on a cd rom or pdf as a paper manual (for good reason) is no longer available.

you were helpful to me when i got my first avic deck but i had no idea you hated the questions.

There's a huge difference from new members that come in to a forum and first look at what's already been discussed and n00bs that just come in blindly and ask questions that are on the sticky right on top of them.

None of us mind helping people that are trying but just need a bit of help, and most of us are ticked at users that just come in demanding answers.

Come in and say "hey, I looked at the manual and this isn't clear to me" and you get respect, come in and say "what wire is the power?" and you get no respect

There's a huge difference from new members that come in to a forum and first look at what's already been discussed and n00bs that just come in blindly and ask questions that are on the sticky right on top of them.

None of us mind helping people that are trying but just need a bit of help, and most of us are ticked at users that just come in demanding answers.

Come in and say "hey, I looked at the manual and this isn't clear to me" and you get respect, come in and say "what wire is the power?" and you get no respect

i do get that, but no one makes any of us use this forum. so if its such and issue instead of saying something condescending or belittling new members. how about no post, seems easier for everybody. i'm making the point that im new. and vblue helped my post when i hopped on, first thing i posted answered everyone. then over the next few days i found about 15 other forums where he seems short and dismissive. so using him as the example as i did earlier in this post, he was great to me but i get this well shit he hates doing this why does he do it vibe. see?