AVIC411.com

x920bt TestMode Work

Ok it does appear this is totally legit and I have tested the file myself on the 120 and it does give file access. Unfortunately we have had this access to the file system of these units before and it still has not yielded a way to mod the software of the units. This member has claimed however that someone from Brazil was able to use this file to install Brazilian maps to his unit which up until this point at least was not possible. Stay tuned. :smile:

Leandro, quando descobrir como faz pra alterar os mapas me avisa cara.. to corrento atrás de uma forma.. to louco pra comprar um Z120! Se quiser ajuda pra descobrir, posso te ajudar. só não tenho como testar aqui mais posso tentar te ajudar com a questão dos mapas.. qualquer coisa me manda uma msg privada que conversamos melhor.. Abraço!

In English:D

Leandro, tell me when you figure out a way to install brazilian maps. I'm crazy about this unit but with no GPS there are much cheaper solutions. Send me a private message if you need any help figuring out a way to alter the maps. We are all here to help you!

VBLUE, you have tested this on the z120? Can you confirm it works?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you are in test mode, however, you are not in a windows environment like you are with WinCE that is found in the F series, or the X910. Therefore, you will not be able to change any files......ever! The advantage to not having a windows OS, is that it does not go through the booting process that windows CE does, therefore, it starts up much quicker and is more responsive. However, not being able to change the appearance, features, or newer maps is a poor trade off :(, one that I will never do.

Yes, you are in test mode, however, you are not in a windows environment like you are with WinCE that is found in the F series, or the X910. Therefore, you will not be able to change any files......ever! The advantage to not having a windows OS, is that it does not go through the booting process that windows CE does, therefore, it starts up much quicker and is more responsive. However, not being able to change the appearance, features, or newer maps is a poor trade off :(, one that I will never do.

So currently, for the ones that needs foreign maps (Brazil in my case) the way to go is the X910BT, isn't it? Today I ALMOST bought the X920BT... It was on my cart... in the last page... And with some more research I've found the threads here that document the hacking is not possible... I was wondering that it could be done soon... but it seams it won't right?

Does anyone know about a coupon/discount/rebate for the AVIC-X910BT?

Cheers...