AVIC411.com

N2 backgrounds on D1

If you look at the DVD for the D1, it is the same as the one for the N2. However, there are other directories for more background images that do not appear on the D1.

If you copy the files from the 'hidden' directory to the one that the D1 sees, those PIM backgrounds are now available. However, there is a limit to the number or files that the D1 can read in the driectory, so you need to pick and choose. I think it can read 15 or something, I need to go count them later. The 'animated' ones work as well.

I am not at my main PC, so I can't remember the directory names - will post later.

When we can create our own backgrounds, then we'll be in business.

Derek
[quote name="ohlarikd"]If you look at the DVD for the D1, it is the same as the one for the N2. However, there are other directories for more background images that do not appear on the D1.

If you copy the files from the 'hidden' directory to the one that the D1 sees, those PIM backgrounds are now available. However, there is a limit to the number or files that the D1 can read in the driectory, so you need to pick and choose. I think it can read 15 or something, I need to go count them later. The 'animated' ones work as well.

I am not at my main PC, so I can't remember the directory names - will post later.

When we can create our own backgrounds, then we'll be in business.

Derek[/quote]

So, in theory once we figure out how to create our own images we could make a image of the DVD, modify the hidden directory to contain our images, and then burn a new DVD? Is that what you're getting at?
When I say 'hidden', there is a directory on the DVD called '/BG/PIM' that contains backgrounds that the D1 one does not read. The D1 seems to only read from the background directory called '/BG/PIM2DIN'. So if you copy the files from PIM to PIM2DIN, they show up as options on the D1.

So when we create the PIMs, you put them in the PIM2DIN directory and they will show up. Looks like Jason already did this today! However, we still have some quirks with color mapping. Pioneer did something screwy I want to figure out.

Derek
[quote name="Anonymous"]When I say 'hidden', there is a directory on the DVD called '/BG/PIM' that contains backgrounds that the D1 one does not read. The D1 seems to only read from the background directory called '/BG/PIM2DIN'. So if you copy the files from PIM to PIM2DIN, they show up as options on the D1.

So when we create the PIMs, you put them in the PIM2DIN directory and they will show up. Looks like Jason already did this today! However, we still have some quirks with color mapping. Pioneer did something screwy I want to figure out.

Derek[/quote]

Sounds good, I should pop my NAV DVD into my Mac tonight and make a image of it. So I can burn a custom one.

Or is the NAV DVD a RW and you just need to move the files around?