AVIC411.com

* Four X-Series GUI Suggestions for Pioneer *

Anybody got a source within Pioneer they can feed these to as suggestions for the next (?) X-Series firmware update??

These are kind of annoyances, IMHO...

1. Scroll vs. Selection Beep:

Make sure there is never any selection beep when one is merely SCROLLING on the screen (e.g., through playlists). Every person I know who's used my buddy's X920BT gets totally confused by the beep that often seems to occur when trying to start a scroll operation, thinking they made a selection instead of just scrolling (or vice versa). It's intermittent, but truly annoying.

It's already a little tricky to know how quickly to "swipe" to start a scroll without inadvertantly selecting something -- which should ALSO be fixed. Making sure that the beep only triggers when one has pressed long enough in one location for a SELECTION 100% of the time would help "train" users how to scroll vs. select on this unit.

2. Muting Options:

Allow users to change the AMOUNT of mute that occurs when directions are being read on a source-by-source basis.

My buddy wants total muting when a phone call is active but almost no muting when playing XM. Right now, the units force the mute amount to be the same on all sources. Yeah, they at least let you select either Guide/Phone/VR/Phone vs. just Phone/VR muting (or whatever), but one is forced to apply either total, 10db, or 20db as the SAME mute level used for all sources.

3. Arrival Data Button:

Restore Waypoint AND Final destination arrival data to the little timer/distance/arrival cycling button in the upper right of the map screen. Right now, one has to go into the route overview to see final destination arrival data for a multi-point trip. On the D3, there was a little button on the map screen in the lower left corner that used to let the user choose between waypoint and final arrival data. This is a real annoyance...one can be on the phone and be asked when one is arriving at the final destination.

Right now, all one can say is "well, I know I'll be at the gas station first in ten minutes...let me fiddle with my screen while trying to answer your question..." Geezuz.

4. Restore Button to get AV Sound Options to AV Source Screen:

Yes, one can get to the EQ directly from the AV source screen. However, unless we're missing something, one now has to go to the Home screen, into Settings, and then into one of the AV Sound options to change the settings to change the staging, LPF, Loudness, etc.

UPDATE: 5. BONUS Suggestion -- Make Bluetooth Connection Icon Non-Microscopic:

Why, in the name of all that's holy, did Pioneer make the Bluetooth connection icon on the map view INSANELY small? It's like...ten pixels across, which is hard to see in a brief glance while driving to insure one's phone is connected. What the hell? Seriously...what the hell? It should be at least half the size the iPod album cover shown on the map screen in the lower right.

Just be prepared for any response from total receptiveness to belligerent outrage.

im leaning toward getting the second option, they always think that their units are perfect, its like when i used to have to call all the time about the F-series and i would have to hear, "thats funny, we've never heard of that one happening" then i would have to respond with, "well thats hard to believe since it has happened to 4 of the 7 that we have installed"

i think you have to have a degree in being an ass clown to work for pioneer.