AVIC411.com

problems with gmos 100 wiring harness?

I was wondering if anyone is having a similar problem. I installed a gmos 100 wiring harness in my 08 sierra,it has all the connections vss, backup signal,sw controls. As soon as I hooked it up and reset my Z2 and calibrations it works perfect except when I come to a stop,it will always move ahead of stop..Which will cause the avic to recalculate a new route..

I thought it was the Avic that was the problem. Turns out its not because I installed another Avic Z2 I had in my VW that worked perfect and it is doing the same thing.

It calculates perfect except when you come to a stop, if I move one foot ahead it almost jumps across the intersection and then tries to find a new route.

I am thinking it has something to do with gmos 100 harness vss ..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Assuming the VSS signal is coming from the car how can the GMOS-100 change that?

You try conecting directly to the VSS signal on the vehicle side?

I'm about to put a Z140BH in my Corvette with a GMOS-100 harness. I hope it doesn't have any issues (not that I use Nav a lot).

problems i have with the gmos-100 harness:

1. Factory XM module always starts on channel 1 and bleeds into all speakers. i have to change the xm channel to 0 so that i can listen to the z140bh. the steering wheel controls change both the radio station and factory XM station at the same time. This all highly annoying.

2. my gps thinks i'm 2 blocks ahead of where my car is. antenna is installed on the dash on top of the provided sticky metal piece. i may have to move its position around to other metal inside the dash to make it work.

Any tips/help?

What's the Z140BH say about GPS stats (how many sats are you connected to)?

Also does dead reconing work (this is when you have no sat and the car uses the VSS to determine forward progress)?

My Z110BT in my GTO isn't 100% accurate but it's usually not more than 20-30 feet off.

I'll go check my satellite info later tonight when we go out.

how do i know if the vss is working or not when i have no sat? would i simply not move on the screen?

Are you experiencing the issues with the factory XM module with the gmos-100? any way to fix this or separate so that the audio only comes in via one of the aux inputs?

ok, so i checked the gps status and it looked like i had 3 bars, then 10x for the red sat, and 0x for the yellow sat. I assume this is a bad signal.

I'm still a few blocks off on my route and sometimes in the water when near the shore. I believe it is the position of the antenna and i will try a few diff spots before sending it back.

A new issue with the gmos-100 is that I've now noticed that the illumination connection is not working. The HU does not dim down when the lights are on, and the sky in the gps background is always daytime...

Still having the issue with factory XM bleeding into the speakers all of the time.

On the "navi settings" screen (manual page 158) you can check if the signal for lights on/off is working....

Also you can select if the unit automatically switches between day and night settings (page 169)

re the gps antenna, on some cars the windscreen is coated with a thin metallic layer for heat resistance, this would block the gps signals....

As a test you could temporarily mount the antenna outside...

To check dead rekoning unplug the sat antenna and see if you move. If you do then VSS is working.

I know in some GM models the GMOS "makes" the VSS signal by reading the vehicle speed off the CAN communication bus. The VSS is a PWM type signal.

Also try to look up the "stock" mounting location of your GPS antenna (even if you didn't have Nav stock) that will give you hints as to where you should mount the antenna.