AVIC411.com

2002 Porsche Boxster S w/Bose System Wiring Help

I am wiring a new AVIC X920BT into my Porsche Boxster S w/Bose system. I have a few wires that I dont know where to connect them..

Can anyone please assist in where do I connect the follwing wires: the location of the following wires:

Pink (Car Speed Signal Input)

Light Green (Parking Brake)

Violet White (Reverse Gear Signal Input)

For anyone wondering how to install the Double DIN radio a Boxster S and the best products to use I will be posting a tutorial as soon as I am completed with the install.

Thank you for your expertise!

• 3 months later...

I am wiring a new AVIC X920BT into my Porsche Boxster S w/Bose system. I have a few wires that I dont know where to connect them..

Can anyone please assist in where do I connect the follwing wires: the location of the following wires:

Pink (Car Speed Signal Input)

Light Green (Parking Brake)

Violet White (Reverse Gear Signal Input)

For anyone wondering how to install the Double DIN radio a Boxster S and the best products to use I will be posting a tutorial as soon as I am completed with the install.

Thank you for your expertise!

Pink goes to your speed control sensor, located in the front bonnet, under the ABS system on the large clamp wire module. This is very hard to get to, and requires taking out all your inner trunk surrounds, and then tapping to the wire itself is challenging as Porsche has the clamp harness very tight. Skip it is my recommendation, all it means is you will lose your dead reckoning feature on the GPS if the GPS antenna loses signal (rare). If you muck up that harness, there are many critical system wires in that clamp module.

Light Green - do the hack mod (see You Tube Video) that way you don't have to fool with the parking brake at all.

Violet White is only if you want to use a rear facing camera. Then you run it back to the reverse light and tap in there.

Duane