AVIC411.com

A few questions about SIR-PNR2 for the N1

I just recently picked up and installed the PNR2 on my AVIC N1. It does what it has to do so far. At first I set my presets and everything was fine. When I pushed up and down on the joystick it switched through my presets. Then, I decided to play around with things and went into the A.Menu . I must have did something but now when I push up and down on the joystick it flips categories instead of my presets. And when I'm in the category and push left and right on the joystick it will only cycle in the category and won't go outside of it. It's so annoying. I checked the manual of the PNR2 and it says that my AVIC manual will give me direction on the use of it. The N1 wasn't built for Sirius so there is nothing in my AVIC manual.

My question is how do I get the PNR2 to scroll through my presets instead of the categories when I push up and down on the joystick?

I don't know what you mean. I go into the function buttons and it has no option to change anything. Just some presets and then Function 1-4 which seem to do nothing. Also there is some "auto/manual" button which is stuck on auto and will not let me change it.

99 rs,

after the screen comes out and in the upright position look at the upper left above the screen there are 2 buttons. One button will change the catagory and the other button will change display.

In other words............ right now you're in catagory mode so when you press the joystick only the catagories will display. By pressing one of the buttons on the left top of the screen will toggle from channel mode, catagory mode and so on.

I hope I explained this in a coherent mannor because I do have a tendency to assume a person knows what I'm talking about.

Hope this helps...... good luck

bcd1

99 rs,

after the screen comes out and in the upright position look at the upper left above the screen there are 2 buttons. One button will change the catagory and the other button will change display.

In other words............ right now you're in catagory mode so when you press the joystick only the catagories will display. By pressing one of the buttons on the left top of the screen will toggle from channel mode, catagory mode and so on.

I hope I explained this in a coherent mannor because I do have a tendency to assume a person knows what I'm talking about.

Hope this helps...... good luck

bcd1

Thanks! That did help. I was happy for a little bit and then..well, the screen just stopped working. I lost all control of the front panel except for the volume and eject. The radio and everything still worked but nothing showed up on the screen. I'm guessing most likely the ribbon cable but then why did the front panel stop working? I had Best Buy's service plan so I took it in there and now I wait. So I'm using an old DEH-6700. The interface is actually better then the N1. Not so much better really but the letters are twice as big.

Thanks for your help anyway.

99 rs