AVIC411.com

Sirius Vs. XM Tuner?

Hello:

I currently have a Sirius Tuner connected to my Z120BT. Of course I also had to use the Pioneer CD-SB10 Sirius interface.

Everything works fine, however, I've considered switching to an XM tuner, is anyone else using an XM tuner with their Z120BT?

What hardware would I need to buy? Would I only need the following part: Pioneer GEX-P920XM

Would I need an 'interface' as I have with the Sirius tuner?

BTW, I'd want to do this in a 2010 Ford which originally had Sirius and I am actually still using the Ford's Sirius roof mount antenna, can anyone confirm if that cable end would fit in the Pioneer GEX-P920XM?

I want to do this since the XM seems to have a better functionality than Sirius (station graphics, preview of songs titles played on other stations and maybe more?)

Thanks, B3

This is for Vblue42 IF you see this, or anyone else who can answer?

I watched your XM/Pioneer review video at

Really LIKE what you're showing at the link! What Satellite tuner hardware are you running to achieve this? This XM setup looks sooooo much better than the two Sirius components I'm currently using through my Z120BT.

Thanks again for any help?

B3

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to thank Vblue42 and everyone else! I just replaced my Sirius Pioneer Tuner with and XM Version and the XM is faaaaaaaar better :) Love the graphics, song/artist lists on similar stations etc. Was quite a chore finding a spot in my car for the larger XM tuner, but it all worked out!

Regards,

B3