AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

Hey Alex,

In the 3.1 release, in Full Cockpit Mode, it doesn't appear to indicate when the guidance is muted? Did I miss a setting? Also, how do you make the street signs translucent like in previous releases?

Thanks!

Jim

I'll add something in. Easiest way now is to bring up the avoids screen by touching the direction icon. That shows mute/unmute at the bottom.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Long time no see, Alex. Finally an update! Sweet! Looks really good . I just have one question. I have the newest maps with the with ezrider file etc.. Will this effect/cause any problem/s? Should I use yours(posted in first post) or just use the one i already have?

Thanks.

Should be fine. Only use the ezrider I have posted if your elevation sign reads miles all the time or you travel to high altitudes.

id be willing to test this out. i do have one question, i had to edit a file a little time back so that my timezone worked in oregon, have you heard of this? also is this file being overwritten with this mod. I am on your old mod currently, i just saw this thread and was going to try when i got home from work, but i have an original backup from my stock unit still and willing to test anything out you need.

is this new mod quicker at all than the previous? i have a x910bt BTW

I think it is. The menu us way more dynamic but seems to be responsive. Depends on if the unit is done booting. Seems to affect all mods not just mine though.

I will look at FourG's post and get it in for you all in Oregon.

Guess I'm confused. In all the previous release versions of Diaftia's hybrid mod had this "feature". So, it has been removed from version 3.x correct?

IIRC you were the same one that had this problem before correct? Nothing should have been removed from 2.3. It should work the same as far as bypass goes. The pioneer.ini still has the bypass in it.

That, or Alex used generous amounts of USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0 to ignore the parking brake state in 2.3 and forgot to include them in 3.x. I don't have the bypass applied and tend to have to add these to buttons and such in the .ui files since I'm too lazy to pull the dash apart to fix the bypass. There's supposedly a way to make the setting apply to all buttons via a sys.txt edit but it's my understanding that is a performance killer.

(thanks for the last post above this one. I got the editor and added the change in. All my mods should be Oregon complaint going forward ;))

I am not sure because he said that he cannot even launch the quick menu. This is the quickmenu button (for all views) with the separated safety mode values in there:

;************ Quick Menu *************
;Quick Menu button (start)
<BUTTON btnNMB_menudown_onmap    x=0 y=45       bmp="AJG_but_route_1b.bmp"     onlongclick='NEXTSTATE st_SettingsShortBut1' onrelease='run sc_Qmenu_Top_Show' visiblemodel="!navigation.has_route&ui.vMenuIcon=0&ui.ShowQmenu=0&ui.vSetTiltClick=0"        USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>
<BUTTON btnNMB_menudownBig_onmap x=0 y=45       bmp="746_32K_MN-670_32b.bmp#3" onlongclick='NEXTSTATE st_SettingsShortBut1' onrelease='run sc_Qmenu_Top_Show' visiblemodel="!navigation.has_route&ui.vMenuIcon>0&ui.ShowQmenu=0&ui.vSetTiltClick=0"        USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>
<BUTTON btnNMB_MenuInRoute       x=0 y=359      bmp="k_but_route_1b.bmp"       onlongclick='NEXTSTATE st_SettingsShortBut1' onrelease='run sc_Qmenu_Top_Show' visiblemodel="navigation.has_route&!ui.vFullScreenCockpit&ui.ShowQmenu=0" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>
<BUTTON btnNMB_MenuFSC_onmap     x=0 y=368 Z=48 bmp="AJG_but_route_1bFS.bmp"   onlongclick='NEXTSTATE st_SettingsShortBut1' onrelease='run sc_Qmenu_Top_Show' visiblemodel="navigation.has_route&ui.vFullScreenCockpit&ui.ShowQmenu=0"  USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>
;Quick Menu button (end)
</layer>

IIRC you were the same one that had this problem before correct? Nothing should have been removed from 2.3. It should work the same as far as bypass goes. The pioneer.ini still has the bypass in it.

Yeah, Had this issue once before but you were able to get it worked out. Don't remember what was done. :huh: Not sure what to do. Guess I'll go back to the old version until a solution is found.

diaftia,

Love your mod. One issue though. When touching bluetooth icon on map it dials home number. Is there a way to bring up phone menu when you touch that button? That way it will give flexibility of dialing any number from there.

I looked through all customised menu and user menu but could not find phone menu there. Only way was through main menu and then phone.

All my mods should be Oregon complaint going forward ;)

The hilarious thing is that there is a small chunk of Eastern Oregon that's on Mountain time, and ScottO's post did point out support for multi-timezone support (the Florida example). If I better understood how to correctly describe where these TZs are located I'd try for putting Mountain time back in for any AVIC owners in Malheur County (are there any?).

Gotta love all the effort iGo put into verifying the tzinfo.bin data (the same bug's in my iPaq 310's data.zip, so it's not Pioneer's fault... For a change. :D).

diaftia,

Love your mod. One issue though. When touching bluetooth icon on map it dials home number. Is there a way to bring up phone menu when you touch that button? That way it will give flexibility of dialing any number from there.

I looked through all customised menu and user menu but could not find phone menu there. Only way was through main menu and then phone.

As far as I know this is not possible. I know you want to bring up the dial pad but as far as I know there is no available command to do that. The command I use dials whatever number is set to home. So basically set that to your most commonly dialed #. Otherwise you could use the voice activation. Probably better than looking at the screen dialing anyway. If someone has the command for it (not sure if it was figured out while I was away) then I could do a long press to bring it up. I am just not aware that there is a command to do that.

EDIT: I might have found a solution to this. We'll see. Gonna test this weekend and see if it works.

3.2 Changes on 12/30/10

• Auto installer. Now just extract the contents to an SD card and insert into the avic. Pick the unit you have and let it copy. Will preserve favorites and delete save files automatically.
  • Clock and compass delete (Removing just one moves the other over and expands the room for the top text when in route and not in route)
  • Add favorite from GPS and History did not work correctly. All fixed.
  • Mute icon added to full screen cockpit mode.
  • Speedcam text color change fixed. Was not working correctly
  • Oregon time zone repair.
  • Fixed your speed sign so it also goes to the split screen nav when in euro mode.
  • Elevation sign correctly adds a speedcam to the current GPS location when pressed.

Here are the steps to load it...

1. Extract zip file to a blank SD card and insert into your AVIC.
  2. Power on AVIC and let it boot.
  3. Choose the region and model AVIC you have and let the installer copy the files.
  4. Reboot THEN remove SD card.

installer.jpg

Wow! Thanks for the new year's gift. I love your mod.

I've been away from this site for a while. I'm still using version 2.3. One thing that has annoyed me the most in the previous version is the speed camera/radar audible alert. I can't turn down the volume or mute it. The volume knob doesn't affect it. Would it be possible to add a mute option or shorten the length of the audible alert event? Please put it on your list of things to do for the next update or so.

Wow! Thanks for the new year's gift. I love your mod.

I've been away from this site for a while. I'm still using version 2.3. One thing that has annoyed me the most in the previous version is the speed camera/radar audible alert. I can't turn down the volume or mute it. The volume knob doesn't affect it. Would it be possible to add a mute option or shorten the length of the audible alert event? Please put it on your list of things to do for the next update or so.

You're welcome. You should really like this one over the last one. Completely customizable menu. Just hold any button to change it or reconfigure the whole thing.

With the speedcams you can already actually. In the speedcam settings there are actually two buttons for each alert. The top of the speedcam setting itself is for the visual alert. The part below that has the words (reminder, off, etc) are for the audible portion. Check out my recommended settings in the first post. Should help quiet things down. 90% of the alerts that come up are for speed traps. I usually have it visually alert me for those and turn the audible portion off.

Like this:

speedcam.jpg

As for the volume look in the volume settings. Its in there now.