AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

Minor update:

3.2.1 Changes on 1/4/11

• Auto installer changes - Some clarification, sys.txt changes and added an option to install mods without copying a sys.txt. Use this if you are upgrading or are in a country where you need to make changes to the sys.txt to support certain language types.
  • Added a long click option for the bluetooth icon that lets you access the phone settings to quickly get to the dialpad.
  • Added an image.res file into my distribution to make it so that the AVIC settings look how I want. All cosmetic but adds some better buttons and images and makes things look nicer.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is the device type set correctly at the top? Also, can you make sure that the speedcam_enabled=1 flag is set? (both in sys.txt). Other than that you could try clearing the save files and see if that clears it up. I have seen stranger things happen. ;) The code is working so its either a mis config in the sys.txt on my part or something 500 specific.

Other than that we need to see if there is another F500 user that knows of something specific that needs to be done. I would be happy to include any changes that need to happen if that is the case. I know that IDT has an F500. You might need to start a thread if all else fails to see if people can chime in.

Yes, the device type was set to 749UC and speedcam_enabled=1 in sys.txt. I 'am not sure what you mean by flag is set in both? Which other file should I check? I know I did delete the save files because the intial location was shown in LA, till I got the GPS fix.

Also, when I press the Extr1 Menu->POI Menu->Saved POI Search, it simply returns to the map screen. However, when I go through Find Menu->POI->Saved Search, it works as expected. Is this feature tested or is it just me?

Thanks,

seeker

Added an image.res file into my distribution to make it so that the AVIC settings look how I want. All cosmetic but adds some better buttons and images and makes things look nicer.

Do you have screenshots of your changed buttons and images?

I'm asking, because I'm still using an edited image.res and till now I'm still overwriting others with that one!!

Do you have screenshots of your changed buttons and images?

I'm asking, because I'm still using an edited image.res and till now I'm still overwriting others with that one!!

Its all pretty subtile. Based a lot on the cmh changes. The main buttons are the same but there is a pioneer logo at the bottom. From there its small stuff to make it look better. Nothing drastic. Also, all the grayed out av source buttons (CD, Sirius, XM, SDCard, etc) are now in color just dimmed a bit.

Easiest thing to do is go in and rename your image.res file image.old. Then start my installer. If you don't like it then just delete mine and change it back. I tend to go subtile on changes so if you are looking for something drastic mine is not it.

I tend to go subtile on changes so if you are looking for something drastic mine is not it.

I love the fact that you keep the mods looking OEM. Some of the other modders do great work but stray a little to much from the original theme for my liking. Just a personal thing I guess.

Yes, the device type was set to 749UC and speedcam_enabled=1 in sys.txt. I 'am not sure what you mean by flag is set in both? Which other file should I check? I know I did delete the save files because the intial location was shown in LA, till I got the GPS fix.

Also, when I press the Extr1 Menu->POI Menu->Saved POI Search, it simply returns to the map screen. However, when I go through Find Menu->POI->Saved Search, it works as expected. Is this feature tested or is it just me?

Thanks,

seeker

Let me verify that the speedcam alerts do actually still work still before we move forward. I will also look at the saved poi search.

Thanks Alex. I certainly hope that you can find a solution, as this feature is very useful.

Ok, so good news and bad news. On my unit the speedcams work perfectly. Over the posted speedlimit and there is a alarm sound. Under the posted speed, or if there is no posted speed it's just a small beep.

Which leaves us to your problem. Let's start by reinstalling with my original unchanged mods. Just get my 3.2.1 version and pick option 2 (from memory I think that is F500-US) and let it go and reboot when done.

From there switch just the speed cams to on and see if it works. If it does then great. If not then you might want to start a thread in the hacks section asking if people with 500's have seen this. From a code perspective things are working. We just need to find out why it's not working on yours. Maybe other 500 users can help.

Let me know how the reinstall goes.

You need to make sure that you are running 3.0. That is the reason it is not working. Did you make a backup of the flash disk before you started modding? There are a lot of links out there to get the 3.0 files. Definitely get the files to update to 3.0 and once that is done run my installer again. You should be all set to go.

EDIT: Use this link to update to 3.0 and then after that is done copy all of my files to an SD card and boot off of that. Dont worry that this is for a 90. The files are the same.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/22876-fresh-30-install-on-f90bt-with-pictures/

Hi Alex,

Happy New Year. It's nice that you are back to the forum. I stopped modding my unit for a while, and just found your new mod. Very nice. It could give new life to my aging F90.

I have a couple questions:

1. Sounds like I have to upgrade to 3.0 before install your latest mod, right?

2. The link provided for 3.0 upgrade, has an option for just upgrading the OS within the maps and POI. If I use that, is it good enough? Will your mod provide the map and POI data?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Alex,

Happy New Year. It's nice that you are back to the forum. I stopped modding my unit for a while, and just found your new mod. Very nice. It could give new life to my aging F90.

I have a couple questions:

1. Sounds like I have to upgrade to 3.0 before install your latest mod, right?

2. The link provided for 3.0 upgrade, has an option for just upgrading the OS within the maps and POI. If I use that, is it good enough? Will your mod provide the map and POI data?

Thanks in advance.

#1. Absolutely. Yes.

#2. Was actually two questions. ;)

A. Yes. As long as you use the hacked ezrider and license file in that post once you update. You need them to run the updated maps.

B. No but you can get those here:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/29707-teleatlas-201006-north-america/

If you can follow up on this issue in the thread above or in a new thread that would be awesome. Feel free to come back to this one once things are updated if you need any help installing my mods.

Hi Alex,

just to clarify: If updating, all the contetns of the Mitacap folder are beeing copied. So if I don't want to overwrite my maps or speedcam, I just delete these folders from your files.If I want more or other schemes, I just add the schemes folder to your Mitacap. Correct?

For us here in Europe that is a great help, well done and thank you very much

Jörg

Hi Alex,

just to clarify: If updating, all the contetns of the Mitacap folder are beeing copied. So if I don't want to overwrite my maps or speedcam, I just delete these folders from your files.If I want more or other schemes, I just add the schemes folder to your Mitacap. Correct?

For us here in Europe that is a great help, well done and thank you very much

Jörg

Speedcams. I forgot about those. Do you guys in Europe have one speedcam for all of the EU or is it by country?

Yes you can change the contents of the mitacap folder to your liking. It is just copying it over after moving the appropriate sys.txt into it. Please let me know what needs to be changed and I can work on getting it into the distro for other users.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex,

maps and speedcam are the most obvious. But I think adding European Maps to your files would make them just too big. And everybody can get the most recent TA and NQ maps with buildings and POI's here. As you provide EZrider and License files everybody should be fine.

For the speedcams I played a bit around with various scources, but got stuck with prolonging the Piocon subscribtion that every Avic user in Europe gets for free in the first year, maybe somebody else has a better (and cheaper) scource for you to include into your mod. The poicon files seem to be linked to the Serial number of the Avic and cannot be used on multiple devices.

A few suggestions for the SYS.TXT:

[debug]

supress_straight=1

supress_highway_enter=1

supress_trivial_left=1

supress_trivial_right=1

should be obvious and is good for the nerves especially in areas were you have to change highways often.

[feature]

tmc_event_coloring=1

tmc_traffic_side=1

not exactly sure if the colour scheme needs to support that, work with the scheme I use.

I know we had that before, but as you dug so deep into the system now, do you think one can supress the phone pop up, so one can use the AVIC while on a call? I am 90 % of the time in the car on the phone and it pisses me off, that I can't check the traffic or change my destination without finishing the call before. There must be a way, as it works if you disconnect your phone by disabling BT, initiate the call and then start BT on the phone again.

Jörg