AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

Awesome job Alex!

This is the first of the mods that I felt offered a boring person like myself something of value operationally, so it just became the first mod for my F700!

I do have one question and I can't figure it out at all, what are the little home "houses" with numbers 174 and 171 signifying? and how do I turn it off :-)5339377357_b7f0c4c48f.jpg

Diane

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome job Alex!

This is the first of the mods that I felt offered a boring person like myself something of value operationally, so it just became the first mod for my F700!

I do have one question and I can't figure it out at all, what are the little home "houses" with numbers 174 and 171 signifying? and how do I turn it off :-)5339377357_b7f0c4c48f.jpg

Diane

Those are the approximate street addresses on the right and left sides of the street. You can turn them off in the mod by going to the Settings Menu > Visual > Signs Displayed On Map > House Numbers and turning them Off or On.

Dan

Thanks a lot for that. Obviously as we are never satisfied there is one thing to mention:

Trip computer works 1 out of 10 times (if that often)

That is normal with alot of these units. They SUCK ASSS for the most part. You will notice that the Tracklogs nor the Fuel Calc will work either as these are tied into the same logic. If you sit completely still for about 3 minutes BEFORE starting out then they will USUALLY work but then again, I won't wait around long enough for this POS to make up it's mind and fully boot so I don't even bother any more. It is a GREAT mod when it works but it is up to the mercy of the unit. Sometimes mine even says I am moving (by virtue of the Your Speed display)when I am completely still!!

It is what it is. Some work and some don't.

Bud

Those are the approximate street addresses on the right and left sides of the street. You can turn them off in the mod by going to the Settings Menu > Visual > Signs Displayed On Map > House Numbers and turning them Off or On.

Dan

HA! I would never have figured that out because I first saw them on the highway and was confused!

Thanks Dan

I installed last Version and it works :-))

No Problems so far. Easy to use interface.

I tried to change Images in the image.res from my old to yours (to get some green screens). But my Image.res will grow up to 2,67 MB and with that the radio will stop booting. I use 7zip but don`t know how to make it smaller.

Sorry i know this has been discussed a million times but i still can't get the MapSwitcher working. In my content folder i have "maps" which has the TA maps and i have "maps_nt" which has the NT maps. When I go to the map switcher my two options are Teleatlas and Australia something or other...no Navteq. I have both sets of maps on my storage card. This is what I've changed in my sys.txt:

[folders]

content="\Storage Card\iGO\content"

[switchmap]

content="\Storage Card\iGO\content"

1=",map_ta,\Storage Card\iGO,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,"

2=",map_nt,\Storage Card\iGO,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,"

Are your maps on your storage card? Looks like you changed all the paths. If so make sure there is a map_nt or map_ta directory in the content directory on that drive.

Alex

Hi Alex,

have upgraded to your latest version now and it works just great. Thanks a lot for that. Obviously as we are never satisfied there is one thing to mention:

Trip computer works 1 out of 10 times (if that often)

I did not follow the tc discussions that closely, but maybe it would make sense to do a poll and differenciate between regions. I have the feeling it works better with US units

Jörg

Mine never works. I have to sit still and wait for the GPS to fully lock for it to work each time I get in the car. Some units are horrible and others are great. For the ones that it works my mods continue to have them work fine. Others not. Have you had better tripcomp experiences with other folks mods? FYI mine *should* have all of the hacks that help to get it to work. Unless someone has done something even more to it.

HA! I would never have figured that out because I first saw them on the highway and was confused!

Thanks Dan

I know its crazy that there are street numbers on highways but apparently there are in the map data. Glad you like the mods BTW and I have another convert. ;)

thanks, didn't know 3.x has not only released in Dec but has already revised to 3.2.1. I kept checking the old 2.3 thread, ya know? ;-)

Yeah I start new threads for major versions. 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, etc. Glad I did too because a long time ago my 1.x thread got deleted and my post count got knocked in half. My seniority is gone! :oops:

I just updated to this mod... but now Im missing street names on most if not all the streets/freeways. I know there was a way to enable/disable this...

Hmmm... did you install manually or do an install with my installer? If you did not change a setting the only time I have seen this is when the save files were not deleted.

I installed last Version and it works :-))

No Problems so far. Easy to use interface.

I tried to change Images in the image.res from my old to yours (to get some green screens). But my Image.res will grow up to 2,67 MB and with that the radio will stop booting. I use 7zip but don`t know how to make it smaller.

I had the same problem (with both file size and not booting) when I used winrar. With the image.res you need to zip it in 7z format and then rename the file .res. Also make sure all of the directories are in the IMAGE (or IMAGES - cant remember exactly) folder. If you have a file that you know works you should be able to just drop in the image.res file into the MITACAP\APL directory in my download on the SD card and it will install it for you.