AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used the installer... was I supposed to delete something?

Not if you used the installer.

We can do one of two things:

1. Go back and install again and see if setting back to the original settings fixes it. Would reset it if there was a setting you tweaked accidentally.

2. Any way you can take a picture(s) of what you are talking about so I can see what its doing?

It's a little slow to boot. Is there a way to make it boot faster like removing the speedcam updates text file since it already has created the .spud file?

Are they exclusive of each other? As in if it sees a txt file the spud file will be generated? Does it actually read the txt file each time it boots even if the spud file exists already?

Remember... it might be a little slower to boot but it also does a whole hell of a lot more than it used to. There are more config files, ui files, images, etc. I have added a ton of code that has to be read on startup. Its going to be longer no matter what.

Thanks for all the great work!

I want to add your latest update, but don't want to re-install and loose all my settings. Can I just copy the folders over without causing a problem? If so which ones do I need to copy over.

:rolleyes:

It really depends on what version you are going to/from. So just drop the contents of mitacap to the flash disk. If there are any odd things happening then just run the installer. It will clear things out and all will be fine.

You make a very valid point. I didn't think about it that way.

Are they exclusive of each other? As in if it sees a txt file the spud file will be generated? Does it actually read the txt file each time it boots even if the spud file exists already?

Remember... it might be a little slower to boot but it also does a whole hell of a lot more than it used to. There are more config files, ui files, images, etc. I have added a ton of code that has to be read on startup. Its going to be longer no matter what.

I now use my old image.res and it works.

If I got more time i make my own image.res.

Packing now with 7zip works but after reboot I get an black screen only with text. Seems that the pictures don`t work :-(

Usually that means you didnt keep the folder structure. Make sure its Images>AV etc. Not just AV in the root of the Zip file. You need to preserve the folder structure.

Alex, et al;

I keep some of my current files so I have always been used to loading bits and pieces so I just pulled out of your Mitacap the files I want and load them manually----been doing it forever. Just used to it.

Thanx!

Bud

It probably works for most minor updates. It probably wont work for major updates (like 2.3 > 3.x). But if something ever goes wrong/weird you can just run the installer. Good news is my latest installer is almost done. I am able to check sizes and even tell people how much disk space to free up in the event something doesn't fit. I am just having a hard time calculating the size of a given folder. It always returns 1mb for some reason. Mortscript allows you to return free space of a partition/disk but not a folder. Goodtimes.

Are your maps on your storage card? Looks like you changed all the paths. If so make sure there is a map_nt or map_ta directory in the content directory on that drive.

Alex

Correct, both NT and TA maps are on my storage card. I have a maps_nt folder, but not a maps_ta folder. The TA maps are just in the maps folder. My understanding was that when i used mapswitcher to change to NT maps it would simply rename maps to maps_ta and rename maps_nt to maps. Is that not right?

I'd like to know myself. Is there a font out there that can also display Kanji? I've got a fair amount of MP3s that just show up as little squares.

Yeah, I find that finding a decent font is tough because the sizes all differ and a lot of the times, the fonts dont look like they do on the PC. I have tried around 20-30 fonts until figuring that the one I am using now, was the best to my liking, but I will probably change it once I find something better.