AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

Well, whenever I add my image.res back to the unit it will not boot. I am using 7zip to zip it back up and then I rename it to Image.res I do notice that the file size is about 2mb as opposed to 1.3mb even though the image I edited ended up the same size as the original. I therefore assume that 7zip is not zipping the file correctly. any pointers?

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just installed this yesterday finally, looks great. seems a little snappier than the last one. boot up seems a little longer though, but thats when its going right into navi. is there any way to disable all of the nag screens easily?

The very first boot is slow but the subsequent ones are pretty good. There is a lot of functionality in there so it takes a little longer.

What nag screens? Have you installed carvers mods? I put some informational ones in there that run once for instructions but they shouldn't run again (with the exception of the speedcam and illustrated text ones).

Which image is used for the circle in the pioneer iPod interface?

Also, the "green" highway signs look almost black to me, What's the best way to alter the shade? Can they be transparent?

746_32K_AV-112_32b.bmp in the image\av folder.

Well, whenever I add my image.res back to the unit it will not boot. I am using 7zip to zip it back up and then I rename it to Image.res I do notice that the file size is about 2mb as opposed to 1.3mb even though the image I edited ended up the same size as the original. I therefore assume that 7zip is not zipping the file correctly. any pointers?

You sure you are not using winrar? I had the same problem when I was.

When you have a folder called image with AV/Common/Tel etc below it you should be able to right click on the image folder and say 7Zip -> Add to "Image.7z". That archive will be 1.3mb. Rename to image.res. Done.

You sure you are not using winrar? I had the same problem when I was.

When you have a folder called image with AV/Common/Tel etc below it you should be able to right click on the image folder and say 7Zip -> Add to "Image.7z". That archive will be 1.3mb. Rename to image.res. Done.

That's exactly what I did. I'm using 7Zip 64bit in windows 7.

maybe I'll try my netbook which has 7Zip 32bit.

I just realized, I was right clicking and saying add to Image.zip not .7z

Edited by Azimuth

3.3 Changes on 1/17/11

• Installer now checks for disk space before starting copy process. If there is not enough space it tells you how much you must free up.
  • Install package is now half the size.
  • Installer installs correct speedcam files for EU users. (if anyone has Canadian and Aussie speedcam files I can add those as well if you post the spud and spdb fles for me).
  • POI search around cursor now works (lets you pick cursor position). Also added map quick zoom buttons.
  • POI search now has direction icon for the direction of the POI's that are returned.
  • Long press on compass now switches between day and night but leaves auto setting in tact.
  • Speedo screen now actually useful. Center portion of speedo now goes away and the current speed text shrinks to the corner about 1/2 mile before turn to show the map and lane info. The speed text is also map color sensitive. The screen goes back to normal after the turn.
  • Lots of code scrubbing to get old comments and removed lines out of the code.

IMG_1349.JPGIMG_1327.JPG

wooohooo, and I just finished my custom iPod graphics. Did you make any changes to your image.res pack?

I have not messed with the sign posts to try to make them a more green shade, that's for tomorrow. As is the 3.3 install. Thanks for making your hard work available.

Can you try what gehklaus did and see if that solves your problem? I take it you have enabled the TMC setting in regional? What do you mean about "extra TMC setting?"

TMC is enabled in Regional. Tried what gehlkaus did, but no effect.

attached 3 pics.

first pic is the normal tmc settings page (with nothing present)

second pic the navisettings with the red/blue car icon which directs to pic 3

pic 3 is what I mean by "extra TMC settings" (never seen that screen before)

post-38766-0-61113300-1295337968_thumb.jpg

post-38766-0-93591700-1295337985_thumb.jpg

post-38766-0-90799800-1295337997_thumb.jpg

When first upgrading to V3, 0 had to be adjusted as needed SYS.TXT .... and there I go uklepnul and TMC - in advance what I did before the upgrade to V3, 0 I have found and repaired - all no longer works. Sorry for the English .....

[device]

;Uncomment the device you are using. Make sure you comment out the existing one if you change it.

type="PIONEER746UC" ; US F700/900/710/910

;type="PIONEER746EW" ; Euro F700/900/710/910

;type="PIONEER749EW" ; Euro F500

;type="PIONEER749UC" ; US F500

;type="PIONEER746CA" ; CA F700/900/710/910

;type="PIONEER749CA" ; CA F500

[local]

;Uncomment the voices for your country. Make sure you comment out the existing ones if you change it.

;voice_key="Eng_aus_m1" ;(AU Male) F500, F700, F900, F90

;voice_key="Eng_aus_f1" ;(AU Female) F500, F700, F900, F90

;voice_key="Eng_uk_m1" ;(EU Male) F500, F700, F900, F90

;voice_key="Eng_uk_f1" ;(EU Female) F500, F700, F900, F90

voice_key="Eng_us_m1" ;(US Male) F500, F700, F900, F90

;default_language="english AUS" ;(AU) F500, F700, F900, F90

;default_language="english UK" ;(EU) F500, F700, F900, F90

default_language="english US" ;(US) F500, F700, F900, F90

[interface]

skin="ui_pioneer"

default_day_color="COLORSCHEME~Pioneer Blue Day"

default_night_color="COLORSCHEME~Pioneer Blue Night"

tmc_events_icon_set="$tmc2.spr"

small_tmc_events_icon_set="$smalltmc2.spr"

show_kml_type=0

mapfontscale=200

show_exit=1

defaultzoom2d=1000

defaultzoom3d=1000

TMC is enabled in Regional. Tried what gehlkaus did, but no effect.

attached 3 pics.

first pic is the normal tmc settings page (with nothing present)

second pic the navisettings with the red/blue car icon which directs to pic 3

pic 3 is what I mean by "extra TMC settings" (never seen that screen before)

I see you got things working. Thats great! Now we need to understand why it wasnt. :). Some questions if tou don't mind (I work with TMC blind since I don't have it)

What is in the EU sys.txt that broke things for you? It's so odd. Second, do both of those TMC screens work now? The second one is not supposed to be there. I will check but on my unit the link in pic 2 takes you to pic 1, not 3. I will confirm though.

wooohooo, and I just finished my custom iPod graphics. Did you make any changes to your image.res pack?

I have not messed with the sign posts to try to make them a more green shade, that's for tomorrow. As is the 3.3 install. Thanks for making your hard work available.

No it should largely be the same. I did some tests but the net was 0.

You are welcome. :)

I see you got things working. Thats great! Now we need to understand why it wasnt. :). Some questions if tou don't mind (I work with TMC blind since I don't have it)

What is in the EU sys.txt that broke things for you? It's so odd. Second, do both of those TMC screens work now? The second one is not supposed to be there. I will check but on my unit the link in pic 2 takes you to pic 1, not 3. I will confirm though.

Well I did jump to soon... Bluetooth isn't working.

I do not know what broke the tmc in the EU sys.txt. I just copied the US version over it and TMC worked.

The extra tmc screen still stays, but somehow it looks a bit different.

I'm going back to my backup and start from scratch...see where it goes wrong.