AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

I'm lost... this morning I've used the installer to install the EU version. OK'd out of the copyscreen. Then manually copied over the US sys.txt. Then reboot and adjust the appropriate settings.

- bluetooth working

- TTS not working, needs to switch to some other languages first before it works

- TMC not working

exactly what does the different sys.txt do?

I just compared the sys.txt from your 2.3 mod whith the sys.tx from your 3.x mod.

Why are the tmc lines different for the EU version? in the 2.3 version it says:

tmc_events_icon_set="$tmc2.spr"

small_tmc_events_icon_set="$smalltmc2.spr"

in the 3.x version it says:

tmc_events_icon_set="$tmc.spr"

small_tmc_events_icon_set="$smalltmc.spr"

There was a post on dec 19 by dozer that said in order for TMC to work the 2 had to be removed. Sounds like that might niot have been correct for all TMC users?

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was a post on dec 19 by dozer that said in order for TMC to work the 2 had to be removed. Sounds like that might niot have been correct for all TMC users?

Ok everything works now!

what I did:

I removed the commented tmc lines and further compare the setup from patper to my sys.txt. everything was the same except for default_language="english GB". it was default_language="english UK" so I also changed UK to GB.

boot in testmode, delete savefiles, but keep favorites with your startupscript. Then copied the edited sys.txt to the appropriate location. Turn off (not reboot/reset) the unit, then turn the unit back on and everything works!

still curious what the extra tmc screen does. Does it show on your unit as well Daftia?

tnx everyone for thinking with me!

Ok everything works now!

what I did:

I removed the commented tmc lines and further compare the setup from patper to my sys.txt. everything was the same except for default_language="english GB". it was default_language="english UK" so I also changed UK to GB.

boot in testmode, delete savefiles, but keep favorites with your startupscript. Then copied the edited sys.txt to the appropriate location. Turn off (not reboot/reset) the unit, then turn the unit back on and everything works!

still curious what the extra tmc screen does. Does it show on your unit as well Daftia?

tnx everyone for thinking with me!

Ok so change to english GB. Its not consistent. I guess its supposed to be:

[local]
voice_key="Eng_uk_f1"
default_language="english GB"

So you also made the TMC stuff with the 2?

tmc_events_icon_set="$tmc2.spr"?

Possible to have an option for the default (pioneer) sounds? I love everything about your updates, but the sounds don't seem to mesh with the rest of the unit. THANKS!

Hmmm... do others think they are off? Anyone care to comment? I can look at other mods to see what sounds they use and try something consistent.

This should absolutely not be effected from my mods. Did you try hitting the reset button? If that doesnt work hit the reset button and the eject button for 5 seconds.

I managed to get it to red....

I like your mod so far though. Just wondering, is there a way to turn off some of the extras? I don't really use much but the extra buttons on the nav screen.

I managed to get it to red....

I like your mod so far though. Just wondering, is there a way to turn off some of the extras? I don't really use much but the extra buttons on the nav screen.

Specifically what are you speaking of? Most things have a toggle in settings. If you just want a couple of items in the menu hold down one button and make it (or all of them) what you want.

I have set it up in there bu t do i need to set the audio setting to anything ie simple,full etc.

Not sure I follow. Spoken warning is on or off plus voice volume. If you mean the speedcam alerts themselves that is for the beeps you hear:

- Camera settings:

Any camera type can be turned off separately (no yellow border). There will be neither visual nor sound warning when approaching a camera.

Custom Audio Warnings:

For every camera type you can select audio behaviour

* Off: No audio notice.

* Alarm: If not going faster than camera speed, there will be no audio alarm. If speed is within acceptable range: In 1000, 450 and 250 meters there will be one warning sound for attention. If going faster than limit + overspeed: In 1000 meters there will be a single alarm, then, starting with Alarm distance there will be constant alarm sound, increasing in frequency as you approach the camera. In 150 meters there will be last attempt to bring you to your senses. After that, warnings are useless anyway.

* Warning: If not going over camera speed: no sound. If speeding (no overspeed applied): From specified alarm distance until the camera there will be constant audio warning of the dangerous zone.

* Reminder: In 800 meters there will be a single reminder, independent of speed.