AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not what this view is caled, but when I use this view, I dont have street names. The other views have street names.... and when I say views, I mean when I press the compass in the top right, it changes the view.

See atrtached

Have you tried zooming in yet? I think on mine street names don't start until the zoom is set to 800 ft.

Have you tried zooming in yet? I think on mine street names don't start until the zoom is set to 800 ft.

Wasn't there a flag that you could set in sys.txt in the 3D section to show the street names in a popup? What was it? Anyone remember? show_street_names?

First i want to say I appreciate all the people that are doing these mods. I am a newbie to all this and I would like to add these mods to my f700bt, I have a few questions first. How do you make a back-up copy of all the existing files first before I do any mods. And is there any other things a newbie nedds to know before trying this. I do not want a brick as so many refer to it as. I have gone to a few of the local shops here in Phx,AZ. but none seem to know to much about this particular deck.

thanks again in advance

Wasn't there a flag that you could set in sys.txt in the 3D section to show the street names in a popup? What was it? Anyone remember? show_street_names?

Try this in your sys.txt:

[3d_config]

roadsign_lines_per_screen=30 ;(30) max streetnames on the screen

rotated_roadsigns=1 ;(0) roadnames will align with the roads themselves

Right now you probably have 19 or 20 in yours.

Try it.

Bud

There are also bits in your "clip planes" that help with road name visibility.

The ones to have in there are:

road0 = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 1000

road1 = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 990

road2 = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 980

road3 = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 970

roadsign = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 950

coslabel = 0, 0, 300, 990, 1000

They are located in your Data.zip:

ui_pioneer\common\clip_planes.ini

ui_pioneer\common\Day3dcolor.ini

ui_pioneer\common\Night3dcolor.ini

Read some of this post to get a better explanation of how things are put in order of file heirarchy in the folder structure.

http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=345930#345930

This app is really weird. I am not sure it operates like most other apps. For example when you open any file other than a txt file (say an mscr file) it tries to open a help file in a loop and you get stuck. Its some random file that I found here:

http://scw.us/ce/notepad/

If anyone has the wince notepad from an actual non-stripped copy of wince (say a smartphone) that would be the best program to experiment with.

Alex,

I manage to find a Notepad.exe program that works, now in my own mod version 2.80g, and I attached it herein.

The reason I can't seem to be able to execute it from the START_APPLICATION "" directive is because the Notepad executable can't be Notepad*.exe, not even Notepad1.exe, probably in conflict with what Windows CE has already. So I renamed it to WinCEnp.exe and the script just works fine now from the UI.

WinCEnp.zip

Yeah I have noticed this too. I think there is a movecursortoselecteditem missing in there someplace. Its never worked right. I will add it to the list.

That number reflects what the speedcam setting is. Not what the street speed is. So if the street speed is 55 and the speedcam data says its 65 it will show 65. Edit the speedcam and it will show correctly.

Depends on what setting you have for speed warning I think. You can edit the volume and type of setting per camera type.

Strange thing is, that you can edit and delete Speedcam data which you have added yourself (so not from the mod or imported with a file)

Jörg

Not if you used the installer.

We can do one of two things:

1. Go back and install again and see if setting back to the original settings fixes it. Would reset it if there was a setting you tweaked accidentally.

2. Any way you can take a picture(s) of what you are talking about so I can see what its doing?

Here you go....

post-28073-0-36558300-1297190910_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the great mod.

I edited screenoff_800_480.ui to meet my liking and then i tried to edit the top menu to replace "return to office" with "screen off" it doesn't retain at next boot. So i edited menu.ui to change button behavior. At the end i have screen off button with return to office icon.

How can i save edited menu?. Thanks in advance and sorry if i sound harsh because of my bad english.

First i want to say I appreciate all the people that are doing these mods. I am a newbie to all this and I would like to add these mods to my f700bt, I have a few questions first. How do you make a back-up copy of all the existing files first before I do any mods. And is there any other things a newbie nedds to know before trying this. I do not want a brick as so many refer to it as. I have gone to a few of the local shops here in Phx,AZ. but none seem to know to much about this particular deck.

thanks again in advance

Just go in to testmode and copy all of the files that are on "my flash disk" to your SD card. You will need at least 1.2-1.5GB free on the SD card. You can use my download to get into testmode just hit cancel at my install script. When done copying all of the files (probably 30 minutes or so) reboot again and then pick an install option. It will copy the files in 2 minutes. Reboot and eject SD card and you are done.

Alex

Try this in your sys.txt:

[3d_config]

roadsign_lines_per_screen=30 ;(30) max streetnames on the screen

rotated_roadsigns=1 ;(0) roadnames will align with the roads themselves

Right now you probably have 19 or 20 in yours.

Try it.

Bud

There are also bits in your "clip planes" that help with road name visibility.

The ones to have in there are:

road0 = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 1000

road1 = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 990

road2 = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 980

road3 = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 970

roadsign = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 950

coslabel = 0, 0, 300, 990, 1000

They are located in your Data.zip:

ui_pioneer\common\clip_planes.ini

ui_pioneer\common\Day3dcolor.ini

ui_pioneer\common\Night3dcolor.ini

Read some of this post to get a better explanation of how things are put in order of file heirarchy in the folder structure.

http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=345930#345930

Thanks Bud... I'll take a look.

Alex,

I manage to find a Notepad.exe program that works, now in my own mod version 2.80g, and I attached it herein.

The reason I can't seem to be able to execute it from the START_APPLICATION "" directive is because the Notepad executable can't be Notepad*.exe, not even Notepad1.exe, probably in conflict with what Windows CE has already. So I renamed it to WinCEnp.exe and the script just works fine now from the UI.

Nice! I will swap the file out. Thanks. :)

Here you go....

Adjust the smartzoom setting to be in closer. Either that or turn it off and manually zoom in closer. It will hold there. I say adjust the max zoom out setting to be closer in.

You could always use the line below in your sys.txt. it will put the street names in a bubble which makes them easier to read.

[3d_config]

disable_roadsign_navigation_mode=0

This only works after you get a GPS signal or start a route. It will then put the street names in a white speech bubble.

Thanks for the great mod.

I edited screenoff_800_480.ui to meet my liking and then i tried to edit the top menu to replace "return to office" with "screen off" it doesn't retain at next boot. So i edited menu.ui to change button behavior. At the end i have screen off button with return to office icon.

How can i save edited menu?. Thanks in advance and sorry if i sound harsh because of my bad english.

You are probably picking the button in the bottom left corner. That button is sensitive to traffic setting. I have an error pop up if you have the setting enabled but I might need to take a look and see why its getting overridden if the setting is not on. You can always pick a different spot and it will stick after a reboot.