AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

Thanks for the mod! I just installed it and it works great! I love the new features!

I do have 1 issue though, 2 out of 3 times I start up the nav my touch screen freezes and there is nothing I can do until i restart the car. any ideas?

thanks!

That is odd. The only thing I can think of is to try the install again. One time I installed and it was acting funny. Installed again and it was fine.

Also give the screen a calibration. There could be something off in the calibration file.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Firstly thanks for the mod, really enjoying using it.

My question is about the speed limit signs - I have an EU F900BT unit with a UK map, yet the speed limit signs (and spoken voice warning triggers) are in KPH. For example a 70mph motorway limit is shown as 110. Other measurements such as current speed are displayed correctly in MPH. I've searched through the options several times and can't find a way to change this, is it fixable please?

Firstly thanks for the mod, really enjoying using it.

My question is about the speed limit signs - I have an EU F900BT unit with a UK map, yet the speed limit signs (and spoken voice warning triggers) are in KPH. For example a 70mph motorway limit is shown as 110. Other measurements such as current speed are displayed correctly in MPH. I've searched through the options several times and can't find a way to change this, is it fixable please?

That is strange that they are showing in different units. The system gets the unit values fron the regional measurement unit settings. The only difference between the speed limit and the current speed is that the speed limit comes from the map data and the current speed comes from the GPS. They are not hard coded as a type in my code. They pull from the system and whatever unit it set to appears. Are you using the original maps? Have you tried playing with the measurement units in regional?

I've been holding out for a long time on updating my f90, I added your mod yesterday and I'm absolutely blown away. I've got a lot to learn, you have really moved the navigation using this unit forward quite a bit.

A map switching inquiry, can maps be kept in separate folders on the SD cad and switched? Or can maps be mixed between the flash storage and sd storage(some of each Tele Atlas/Navteq)?

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/29707-teleatlas-201006-north-america/

This thread has some sys text settings on changing map storage location, I was just wondering what/how/if it could be leveraged to keep full sets of both Tele atlas and navteq available.

That is strange that they are showing in different units. The system gets the unit values fron the regional measurement unit settings. The only difference between the speed limit and the current speed is that the speed limit comes from the map data and the current speed comes from the GPS. They are not hard coded as a type in my code. They pull from the system and whatever unit it set to appears. Are you using the original maps? Have you tried playing with the measurement units in regional?

I upgraded my unit to 3.0 using the FX3.1 image elsewhere on this forum. This only comes with American maps, so I added the UK map afterwards. When I installed your mod I selected the EU option. So I guess I have a sort of half UK/half US install unfortunately. Yes I have tried changing the measurement units but it doesn't affect the speed limit signs.

I upgraded my unit to 3.0 using the FX3.1 image elsewhere on this forum. This only comes with American maps, so I added the UK map afterwards. When I installed your mod I selected the EU option. So I guess I have a sort of half UK/half US install unfortunately. Yes I have tried changing the measurement units but it doesn't affect the speed limit signs.

One thought - I left the Basemap.fbl from the US version, as the EU maps I downloaded didn't include a Basemap file. Is it possible the speed limit units come from this file?

I've been holding out for a long time on updating my f90, I added your mod yesterday and I'm absolutely blown away. I've got a lot to learn, you have really moved the navigation using this unit forward quite a bit.

A map switching inquiry, can maps be kept in separate folders on the SD cad and switched? Or can maps be mixed between the flash storage and sd storage(some of each Tele Atlas/Navteq)?

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/29707-teleatlas-201006-north-america/

This thread has some sys text settings on changing map storage location, I was just wondering what/how/if it could be leveraged to keep full sets of both Tele atlas and navteq available.

Yes. A sys.txt is included in my mods. Since you have installed already just grab the sys.txt off your AVIC and copy it to an SD card. Then take a look at it and edit to your liking. All of the map switcher stuff is towards the bottom. You just need to alter the paths to where your maps reside.

One thought - I left the Basemap.fbl from the US version, as the EU maps I downloaded didn't include a Basemap file. Is it possible the speed limit units come from this file?

Wow, yeah you have a hybrid of things going on. Anything is possible. I would start with that though. Try to find a whole set of maps. Because each of the values you are talking about are system read values. If the one reading from the map data (speed limit) is off then that seems like it would be a good place to start.

If i was to install this mod, would it replace my current firmware and mapping? or is it simply a software mod?

This is just a software mod. I include an installer for the mods to simplify the process and make it so you dont have to do it manually. It will not alter your base image.

Wow, yeah you have a hybrid of things going on. Anything is possible. I would start with that though. Try to find a whole set of maps. Because each of the values you are talking about are system read values. If the one reading from the map data (speed limit) is off then that seems like it would be a good place to start.

I did get a full set of EU maps (I think it was 8GB or thereabouts), but it didn't have a Basemap file, so not sure what to do. I'm tempted to just delete it but a bit scared of bricking the unit.