AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

Cool, I think. I wanted to do a SIM run to try it out on my 2nd F500BT, but cannot find it. The rest looks like a huge improvement over what Pio offers with Ver4.0.

I used testmode to update to the 2010 maps, POIs and SpeedCam from my other F500BT. Want them? I did not change to the newer EZrider.

Thanks, dude, so much!

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Diaftia,

can you tell me, where I can find the avicon hide settings?

I would like to edit it, so that there is only the iPod coverflow hidden.

And in what file do I find the position of the "menu" button (for adress-menu) which is shown, when the avicons are not shown?

I would like to delay it more to the left, so that it is shown always when not navigating, no matter if avicon is shown or hidden.

THX

Dozer

Used the unit during quite a lot of driving today, using the cigar lighter for power, an iPod for tunes and the aux input to the car's radio output from the F500BT's headphone jack.

I noticed I was getting silence interruptions but no audio commands, either on Jason or Samantha, with the nav volume turned up most of the way. Do the NAV commands NOT get sent via the headphone jack or is something else going on? Thanks. My buddy liked your screens a lot, too; "lots of information, but not cluttered".

I would like a one-press button to switch from the main Nav screen to the AV source.

I checked the 3.6 files against the 3.5, indicated as what is on my unit, but the files seem the same, so AFAIK, I have the newest version. Both zip file show 3.6, but the unit shows 3.5. Is that just some verbiage for that screen that was not changed in 3.6?

Hey daftia,

This is a great hack/mod and you have made it so so easy to install with the auto-installer, great job and idea!

I installed your latest version and have problems when I search around gps or poi. For some reason it never searches to my local area but rather, an area that is 300 miles away from me? Can you tell me what might have gone wrong here? Thanks

Used the unit during quite a lot of driving today, using the cigar lighter for power, an iPod for tunes and the aux input to the car's radio output from the F500BT's headphone jack.

I noticed I was getting silence interruptions but no audio commands, either on Jason or Samantha, with the nav volume turned up most of the way. Do the NAV commands NOT get sent via the headphone jack or is something else going on? Thanks. My buddy liked your screens a lot, too; "lots of information, but not cluttered".

I would like a one-press button to switch from the main Nav screen to the AV source.

I checked the 3.6 files against the 3.5, indicated as what is on my unit, but the files seem the same, so AFAIK, I have the newest version. Both zip file show 3.6, but the unit shows 3.5. Is that just some verbiage for that screen that was not changed in 3.6?

Just a thought. You don't have the default mute turned on do you. In this mode, the navigation defaults to mute. IN the sound settings, you can turn it back on. Only a guess, but thought it was worth a shot to help.

hg

Just a thought. You don't have the default mute turned on do you. In this mode, the navigation defaults to mute. IN the sound settings, you can turn it back on. Only a guess, but thought it was worth a shot to help.

hg

thanks for replying. I think I unchecked that. I'd noticed the red mute, upper left which had changed to green. Is that what you refer to?

I'm not really sure about that part of it, but... If you go to Menu> then Settings> then Navigation> then Sound, you should have two lines for volume. The bottom (or lower) one needs to be clicked on and you will get a Default Mute button. Turn it off. This is the one I was referring to. You can have your own preference as to wheather you want navigation sound upon bootup or none. This is where you set it. I think (but don't know this as fact), the one you are referring to resets with each reboot or startup. Again, I'm going on a limb here, but hope it can help.

Ovalball:

As you are on the Diaftia thread, I would guess you are using his mod. Tap the compass in the top right corner. It should take you through 2d north, 2h heading. and 3d. If you're not using his mod, sorry, can't help.

hg