AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

#1. Absolutely. Yes.

#2. Was actually two questions. ;)

A. Yes. As long as you use the hacked ezrider and license file in that post once you update. You need them to run the updated maps.

B. No but you can get those here:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/29707-teleatlas-201006-north-america/

If you can follow up on this issue in the thread above or in a new thread that would be awesome. Feel free to come back to this one once things are updated if you need any help installing my mods.

Thanks for the quick reply. As mentioned I was out from modding for a while, and could not even remember what my system has. After some research, it turned out that it already has the 3.0 from the 100FM upgrade. So all should be good. However, thank you for the offer on further assistance to the topic. I will give this a try today.

Ok, so good news and bad news. On my unit the speedcams work perfectly. Over the posted speedlimit and there is a alarm sound. Under the posted speed, or if there is no posted speed it's just a small beep.

Which leaves us to your problem. Let's start by reinstalling with my original unchanged mods. Just get my 3.2.1 version and pick option 2 (from memory I think that is F500-US) and let it go and reboot when done.

From there switch just the speed cams to on and see if it works. If it does then great. If not then you might want to start a thread in the hacks section asking if people with 500's have seen this. From a code perspective things are working. We just need to find out why it's not working on yours. Maybe other 500 users can help.

Let me know how the reinstall goes.

Worked perfectly. To test without actually driving, I added a speedcam at the current gps position and was able to see the speedcam and speed limit straight away. However, during simulation the speedcam info did'nt change, even when the car icon moved. Guess speedcams won't work during simulation. Just wanted to mention, in case some one wanted to test the feature without actually driving.

Were you able to test the saved poi search, as that is another very useful feature to have, especially on the road?

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Hello. Newbie to the forum here.

A week ago my stock X910 was stuck on the Pioneer splash screen. I fixed it by updating to the FX3.1 update/mod found elsewhere in the forum. I had to delete Alaska and Hawaii maps in order for the update to fit in the units Flashdrive. After those states were deleted the mod installed fine and was working well. This mod looks like a huge improvement so I couldn't leave well enough alone. :)

First tried the 3.2 mod - I believe it copied over correctly (got a big green "+" on the screen). However after rebooting it's stuck on the "system startup" screen overlaying the menu. I can go into the Audio selection menu and choose a valid input (say FM) and the unit will play. However trying anything tied to the Navigation side will freeze the touchscreen up. And whether I try to get into navigation or not the unit will reboot after a few minutes and the cycle repeats itself.

Thought maybe the new 3.2.1 update would help. Only difference I saw is the finished copying screen now shows a green box instead of the "+" sign. Also the icons in the Audio selection menu that I don't have hooked up are colored instead of greyed out. Navagation still won't start.

The first time the unit boots up after updating there's a WinCE error of some sort that flashes VERY quickly on the screen. I think one of the words in the error is "object", but I'm not sure. It's not on the screen long enough to read. Subsequent boots after that don't have the error.

Any ideas? Possibly not enough space for the mod to fully copy over? I don't think WinCE gave any error when I tried to copy the full maps over in the FX3.1 update, so I'm not sure there would be any indication if the files didn't fully copy over. Or maybe that's not it at all? Did a search for "reboot loop" but only a couple of threads came up and neither seemed to fit.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Alex,

maps and speedcam are the most obvious. But I think adding European Maps to your files would make them just too big. And everybody can get the most recent TA and NQ maps with buildings and POI's here. As you provide EZrider and License files everybody should be fine.

For the speedcams I played a bit around with various scources, but got stuck with prolonging the Piocon subscribtion that every Avic user in Europe gets for free in the first year, maybe somebody else has a better (and cheaper) scource for you to include into your mod. The poicon files seem to be linked to the Serial number of the Avic and cannot be used on multiple devices.

A few suggestions for the SYS.TXT:

[debug]

supress_straight=1

supress_highway_enter=1

supress_trivial_left=1

supress_trivial_right=1

should be obvious and is good for the nerves especially in areas were you have to change highways often.

[feature]

tmc_event_coloring=1

tmc_traffic_side=1

not exactly sure if the colour scheme needs to support that, work with the scheme I use.

I know we had that before, but as you dug so deep into the system now, do you think one can supress the phone pop up, so one can use the AVIC while on a call? I am 90 % of the time in the car on the phone and it pisses me off, that I can't check the traffic or change my destination without finishing the call before. There must be a way, as it works if you disconnect your phone by disabling BT, initiate the call and then start BT on the phone again.

Jörg

Hello Jorg-

I definitely do not want to include maps. I think I will remove the maps from my files and let people use their own. I had only included one map file in hopes that people would not restart their system with map changer and not have maps in place. I might just have to remove them and hope that people not do this. It will make my download smaller by 50MB too which I would love to do.

Regarding the speedcam files. Can you zip and send me a PM with your files? I would like to have them so I can include them in the package.

Can you tell me what each of these items do?

supress_straight=1
supress_highway_enter=1
supress_trivial_left=1
supress_trivial_right=1 

I will add in the TMC ones to the EU and AU based sys.txt.

Regarding the phone call problem. That "feature" as a byproduct of the pioneer system files. You can check carvers thread for edited files as I know he made some changes. All I think he was able to do is make it so that whatever screen you have it on it will stay on that screen and not switch to the map. The system still stays locked though unfortunately. I am not sure why Pioneer did this (probably some safety thing). Unfortunately its above the control of the iGo software and more system level.

Alex

Hello Jorg-

I definitely do not want to include maps. I think I will remove the maps from my files and let people use their own. I had only included one map file in hopes that people would not restart their system with map changer and not have maps in place. I might just have to remove them and hope that people not do this. It will make my download smaller by 50MB too which I would love to do.

Regarding the speedcam files. Can you zip and send me a PM with your files? I would like to have them so I can include them in the package. Will do!

Can you tell me what each of these items do?

supress_straight=1 ;Supresses the navi voice going: " go straight for X kilometers/miles"
supress_highway_enter=1  ;Supresses the Navi voice going : " Enter Highway in x Meters", comes up 2-3 times on the last kilometer before entering a highway and only in situations when you have no othe choice anyway, so completely useless
supress_trivial_left=1 ; Supresses the navi voice from going. " Stay left" when there is no other option anyway
supress_trivial_right=1 

I will add in the TMC ones to the EU and AU based sys.txt.

Regarding the phone call problem. That "feature" as a byproduct of the pioneer system files. You can check carvers thread for edited files as I know he made some changes. All I think he was able to do is make it so that whatever screen you have it on it will stay on that screen and not switch to the map. The system still stays locked though unfortunately. I am not sure why Pioneer did this (probably some safety thing). Unfortunately its above the control of the iGo software and more system level.

Alex

Here are the cameras that we use in the Czech Republic.

Are you aware of if there is a file for all of Europe? Or is there a file for each country? It would be SOOO much easier to have one large file even if they have been manually combined.

Are you aware of if there is a file for all of Europe? Or is there a file for each country? It would be SOOO much easier to have one large file even if they have been manually combined.

It is the only Czech Republic and Slovakia ... I agree that it would be great the whole EU, but do not know how ....

Hi Alex,

here are the files I get from Poicon when I use the Speed camera updater.Should contain 19k fixed and 24k mobile cams across Europe

Usually it works as follows:

1: Formatted SD card into Avic to get the Device.nng

2: SD card into PC with Speed Camera Updater Software

3: Start Speed Camera Updater Software, which will ask for Login Data and will only work with registered device.

4: Stick SD card into Avic and boot which will create or update Speedcam files

This is what I have handy right now. If you want me to, I can copy the speedcam files from my Avic once I get my car back ( my son just got his driving license :-) )

Jörg

Speedcam.zip

Alex

Alex, instead of include the one for CA, you can use the much smaller one (!!!) for Washington DC, which is only 400 KB for NT map, or USA Waters (VI), 21 KB for TA map.

I might consider include the map in my MOD as well because I don't want people running into a NO MAP mode.

Chuck.

Hello. Newbie to the forum here.

A week ago my stock X910 was stuck on the Pioneer splash screen. I fixed it by updating to the FX3.1 update/mod found elsewhere in the forum. I had to delete Alaska and Hawaii maps in order for the update to fit in the units Flashdrive. After those states were deleted the mod installed fine and was working well. This mod looks like a huge improvement so I couldn't leave well enough alone. :)

First tried the 3.2 mod - I believe it copied over correctly (got a big green "+" on the screen). However after rebooting it's stuck on the "system startup" screen overlaying the menu. I can go into the Audio selection menu and choose a valid input (say FM) and the unit will play. However trying anything tied to the Navigation side will freeze the touchscreen up. And whether I try to get into navigation or not the unit will reboot after a few minutes and the cycle repeats itself.

Thought maybe the new 3.2.1 update would help. Only difference I saw is the finished copying screen now shows a green box instead of the "+" sign. Also the icons in the Audio selection menu that I don't have hooked up are colored instead of greyed out. Navagation still won't start.

The first time the unit boots up after updating there's a WinCE error of some sort that flashes VERY quickly on the screen. I think one of the words in the error is "object", but I'm not sure. It's not on the screen long enough to read. Subsequent boots after that don't have the error.

Any ideas? Possibly not enough space for the mod to fully copy over? I don't think WinCE gave any error when I tried to copy the full maps over in the FX3.1 update, so I'm not sure there would be any indication if the files didn't fully copy over. Or maybe that's not it at all? Did a search for "reboot loop" but only a couple of threads came up and neither seemed to fit.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I am having the exact same problem. Did you find any solution?

You need to make sure that you are running 3.0. That is the reason it is not working. Did you make a backup of the flash disk before you started modding? There are a lot of links out there to get the 3.0 files. Definitely get the files to update to 3.0 and once that is done run my installer again. You should be all set to go.

EDIT: Use this link to update to 3.0 and then after that is done copy all of my files to an SD card and boot off of that. Dont worry that this is for a 90. The files are the same.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/22876-fresh-30-install-on-f90bt-with-pictures/

I am having the same problem as lordjohn. I am pretty sure I was on 3.0 or 3.1 I was running your mod version 2.3 since last summer. After installing the new mod, I am stuck on the startup screen.