AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

- The highway signs have a different color blue in europe than currently in the mod, check the image for reference.

@ Alex:

If I'm not mistaken, I've changed the colour for V2.3 (using it in germay) to R=16 G=97 B=173 and it was looking good!

If I'm right your V3 hast the colour R=32 G=40 B=96! Maybe you'll give it a try with 16,97,173!?

But:

First thing I detected was, that your testmode was not working with my unit!?

First after overwriting your testmode folder with my old one, everything worked fine (except the script to delete the saved files)!!

But yes, I deleted my saved files and I've edited the sys.txt before.

Funny... you are the first person that I have heard this from. Did something change while I was gone in the last year with testmode? I have not updated anything from 1 year ago so if something change I might have missed it.

I've compared my old testmode folder with yours and there are some files with a different date!

All your .exe files and the .mscr file are from 12/12/2010, in my testmode folder they are from 2008 and 2009.

Another difference is, that in your testmode folder every file exists two times - there is a second file from each file with a dot in front of it!!??

That is one thing, I don't have in my old one!

But since it seems that I'm the only one with problems, you might better ignore it, because I still had a working one! :wink:

One hint if not already done: make the script keep the favorites and history files, so we don't have to edit qur favorites again!!

This can get ugly as I am not much of a mortscripter. The easy way might be for me to move the favorites.dat file out, remove all of the files and then move it back. I'll look into it.

Not a critical problem, so maybe you'll take it in your to-do list for the next version!

What I was wondering already in V2.3: why did you choose two viewings of images for muting?

The muting button is already visibly crossed out, so why do we need another image in the upper left corner?

...I can probably ditch it...

Ok, fine! :lol:

I found another Problem and made a screenshot of it!

I tried to set the "default muting" on and off and after each switch the shown warning appeared!

I can close it by pressing "ok", but the warning appears every time I try to switch the default muting setting.

post-36188-092316100 1292534384_thumb.jpg

And one last question for today:

Is there a way to mute / kill the "beep" sound before each voice command??

I think I've had this problem with an older version, but I don't know the solution anymore!?

Is there a setting for this or do I have to replace any .wav file?

I remember that replacing a .wav file was the first solution to mute the old key-beep (!nav_ding.wav)!

And I still have the silence.wav file to replace it!

I hope my description is clear enough and you know what beep / sound I mean!?

By the way - now I've had a little time to test V3 - GREAT WORK!!!!! Congratulation!

In fact, the waiting was worth it!!

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ Alex:

If I'm not mistaken, I've changed the colour for V2.3 (using it in germay) to R=16 G=97 B=173 and it was looking good!

If I'm right your V3 hast the colour R=32 G=40 B=96! Maybe you'll give it a try with 16,97,173!?

When I do a color sample from the image you provided I get "0 67 172". Can you try that one and see what you think?

Another difference is, that in your testmode folder every file exists two times - there is a second file from each file with a dot in front of it!!??

That is one thing, I don't have in my old one!

That is just from me accessing the files from my MAC. They dont hurt anything. Will keep a lookout to see if anyone else has the problem.

Not a critical problem, so maybe you'll take it in your to-do list for the next version!

Sounds good.

I found another Problem and made a screenshot of it!

I tried to set the "default muting" on and off and after each switch the shown warning appeared!

I can close it by pressing "ok", but the warning appears every time I try to switch the default muting setting.

post-36188-092316100 1292534384_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the screen shot. I have it fixed for the next release.

And one last question for today:

Is there a way to mute / kill the "beep" sound before each voice command??

I think I've had this problem with an older version, but I don't know the solution anymore!?

Is there a setting for this or do I have to replace any .wav file?

I remember that replacing a .wav file was the first solution to mute the old key-beep (!nav_ding.wav)!

And I still have the silence.wav file to replace it!

I hope my description is clear enough and you know what beep / sound I mean!?

Yes that is the only way I am aware of. I just don't see a call for it except to test the sound. So its probably in the igo.exe which means using the silent.wav is the right way.

By the way - now I've had a little time to test V3 - GREAT WORK!!!!! Congratulation!

In fact, the waiting was worth it!!

Thanks! Glad you like it! :)

Solved - I have not changed SYS.TXT :oops: - now it's all right :grin:

Apologies. I must have missed your original email. Glad you worked it out. If you didnt get a location for the utils folder just check my 3.0 zip file. All of the files and directories are in the correct place (with the exception of the map_nt directory for mapchanger)

Hi Diaftia, first congratulations on this mod and many thanks, I like it a lot :o)

I wonder if you can help me regarding SYS.TXT? Unquoting the options in the Device and Local sections is pretty straightforward but after that I'm a bit out of my depth. Has this been discussed elsewhere? I've looked but not found anything and I'd like to bet a better understanding of how it works. For instance, Ovalball talks about removing the 2 from the TMC references for European use (I'm in the UK so this is of interest to me). I'm sure this is right but I'd never have guessed.

Can you point me to the path of enlightenment?

Thanks,

John

Hi Diaftia, first congratulations on this mod and many thanks, I like it a lot :o)

I wonder if you can help me regarding SYS.TXT? Unquoting the options in the Device and Local sections is pretty straightforward but after that I'm a bit out of my depth. Has this been discussed elsewhere? I've looked but not found anything and I'd like to bet a better understanding of how it works. For instance, Ovalball talks about removing the 2 from the TMC references for European use (I'm in the UK so this is of interest to me). I'm sure this is right but I'd never have guessed.

Can you point me to the path of enlightenment?

Thanks,

John

Sounds like you want to open sys.txt and make the following lines:

tmc_events_icon_set="$tmc2.spr"
small_tmc_events_icon_set="$smalltmc2.spr"

this:

tmc_events_icon_set="$tmc.spr"
small_tmc_events_icon_set="$smalltmc.spr"

The device and language settings are pretty straight forward. You just need to make sure you comment out the ones that are originally uncommented.

In your case you want to make:

[device]
;Uncomment the device you are using.  Make sure you comment out the existing one if you change it.
type="PIONEER746UC" ; US F700/900/710/910
;type="PIONEER746EW" ; Euro F700/900/710/910
;type="PIONEER749EW" ; Euro F500
;type="PIONEER749UC" ; US F500
;type="PIONEER746CA" ; CA F700/900/710/910
;type="PIONEER749CA" ; CA F500

[local]
;Uncomment the voices for your country.  Make sure you comment out the existing ones if you change it.
;voice_key="Eng_aus_m1"           ;(AU Male) F500, F700, F900, F90
;voice_key="Eng_aus_f1"           ;(AU Female) F500, F700, F900, F90
;voice_key="Eng_uk_m1"           ;(EU Male) F500, F700, F900, F90
;voice_key="Eng_uk_f1"           ;(EU Female) F500, F700, F900, F90
voice_key="Eng_us_m1"           ;(US Male) F500, F700, F900, F90
;default_language="english AUS"   ;(AU) F500, F700, F900, F90
;default_language="english UK"   ;(EU) F500, F700, F900, F90
default_language="english US"   ;(US) F500, F700, F900, F90

This:

[device]
;Uncomment the device you are using.  Make sure you comment out the existing one if you change it.
;type="PIONEER746UC" ; US F700/900/710/910
type="PIONEER746EW" ; Euro F700/900/710/910
;type="PIONEER749EW" ; Euro F500
;type="PIONEER749UC" ; US F500
;type="PIONEER746CA" ; CA F700/900/710/910
;type="PIONEER749CA" ; CA F500

[local]
;Uncomment the voices for your country.  Make sure you comment out the existing ones if you change it.
;voice_key="Eng_aus_m1"           ;(AU Male) F500, F700, F900, F90
;voice_key="Eng_aus_f1"           ;(AU Female) F500, F700, F900, F90
;voice_key="Eng_uk_m1"           ;(EU Male) F500, F700, F900, F90
voice_key="Eng_uk_f1"           ;(EU Female) F500, F700, F900, F90
;voice_key="Eng_us_m1"           ;(US Male) F500, F700, F900, F90
;default_language="english AUS"   ;(AU) F500, F700, F900, F90
default_language="english UK"   ;(EU) F500, F700, F900, F90
;default_language="english US"   ;(US) F500, F700, F900, F90

Hope this helps. FYI in future updates you will largely just need to copy the new data.zip out of my zip file. Should be much easier going forward (as in you dont have to do this each time)

Alex

Sounds like you want to open sys.txt and make the following lines:

<snip>

Hope this helps. FYI in future updates you will largely just need to copy the new data.zip out of my zip file. Should be much easier going forward (as in you dont have to do this each time)

Alex

Thanks Alex,

Well that was worthwhile already - I had previously misunderstood uncomment to mean remove the " sign instead of the ; sign.

What about things like [Timezone] and [regional]?

Presumably I can reset longitude and latitude to my own locality?

Best,

John

Hey Alex!

I just tested it out 1 hour driving from work to home and 1 hour driving to home to work. I found out the hard way that pressing the "Satellite" icon no longer brings up Satellite info, it instead calls home! lol oh well my wife got an early wake up call this morning :mrgreen: ! Speaking of the Satellite icon, i like the new signal strength bars above the icon. The only bug i found was the same that dozer.hh found with the default mute setting in regards to the navi. Other than that, it was solid. I do miss the translucent highway signs, but i can live with it.

Thanks Alex,

Well that was worthwhile already - I had previously misunderstood uncomment to mean remove the " sign instead of the ; sign.

What about things like [Timezone] and [regional]?

Presumably I can reset longitude and latitude to my own locality?

Best,

John

Hmmm... Good question. Never heard of those being changed. Is the time correct? If not then try it. Maybe ovalbal or dozer can comment on if they change theirs.

Hey Alex!

I just tested it out 1 hour driving from work to home and 1 hour driving to home to work. I found out the hard way that pressing the "Satellite" icon no longer brings up Satellite info, it instead calls home! lol oh well my wife got an early wake up call this morning :mrgreen: ! Speaking of the Satellite icon, i like the new signal strength bars above the icon. The only bug i found was the same that dozer.hh found with the default mute setting in regards to the navi. Other than that, it was solid. I do miss the translucent highway signs, but i can live with it.

BT dials home # and GPS goes to GPS screen. Sounds like they might be too close together. lol. Sorry about pissing off the misses! ;)

Hi,

the blue-sign works only till next reboot. Then I got the green one back

I can confirm this bug - was wondering about the same thing today!

And the unit also seeems not to keep all of the edited menu settings!

In my case I positioned the "settings" button to the lower left icon of the top menu and the unit switched to "TMC" after each reboot!

All other changes in my top menu were kept!

------------------------------

I will try the colour change of the signposts tomorrow, i guess!

If I have a fitting colour, I will give you the edited files!

For anyone, who's interested in "killing" the beep in front of the voice commands, replace the attached file into "Data.zip/audio" folder!

USE 7-ZIP TO ADD / REPLACE FILES INTO .ZIP FILES!! http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Don't unpack the Data.zip file, just drag and drop the new file to the target folder!!

!ding.wav

I can confirm this bug - was wondering about the same thing today!

And the unit also seeems not to keep all of the edited menu settings!

In my case I positioned the "settings" button to the lower left icon of the top menu and the unit switched to "TMC" after each reboot!

All other changes in my top menu were kept!

That is actually by design for just that button. The reason is that button changes depending on the traffic mode. If its on TMC its a TMC button, MSN its an MSN button if no traffic mode is chosen its a split screen nav button. I will make that clearer.

I will try the colour change of the signposts tomorrow, i guess!

If I have a fitting colour, I will give you the edited files!

I tried the color I got from using a color picker in PS with the photo you sent me. I like that one much better. It was in my post. I will probably use that one.

For anyone, who's interested in "killing" the beep in front of the voice commands, replace the attached file into "Data.zip/audio" folder!

USE 7-ZIP TO ADD / REPLACE FILES INTO .ZIP FILES!! http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Don't unpack the Data.zip file, just drag and drop the new file to the target folder!!