AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

I did get a full set of EU maps (I think it was 8GB or thereabouts), but it didn't have a Basemap file, so not sure what to do. I'm tempted to just delete it but a bit scared of bricking the unit.

http://rapidshare.com/files/457112227/Basemap.fbl

Andy.The above is a link to my EU basemap file.

Definitely dont delete it. Your unit wont boot. Use ovalball's basemap (thanks for that).

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://rapidshare.com/files/457112227/Basemap.fbl

Andy.The above is a link to my EU basemap file.

Brilliant, thanks for that. Unfortunately it didn't fix this problem but it's good to know I have the right basemap file now anyway.

One other bit of info - if I change the regional settings to km (from miles) the speed limit gets scaled again. So for example in a 30mph limit area it shows 48 when set to miles and 77 when set to km. All very odd.

Brilliant, thanks for that. Unfortunately it didn't fix this problem but it's good to know I have the right basemap file now anyway.

One other bit of info - if I change the regional settings to km (from miles) the speed limit gets scaled again. So for example in a 30mph limit area it shows 48 when set to miles and 77 when set to km. All very odd.

Wait does this happen when a speedcam is up? Or does this happen in one of the signs on the right side?

Diaftia,

I love the mod and it is working great, but for the first time, when I am looking to put a route in, the signing for the station I am on (which is usually Sirius), stays up covering the buttons on the bottom right side, so like when I put in a street name then want to put in the street number, the "OK" button is covered up.

Anyone else have this? I also just updated the data file as everything else had been fine up till then.

Diaftia,

I love the mod and it is working great, but for the first time, when I am looking to put a route in, the signing for the station I am on (which is usually Sirius), stays up covering the buttons on the bottom right side, so like when I put in a street name then want to put in the street number, the "OK" button is covered up.

Anyone else have this? I also just updated the data file as everything else had been fine up till then.

Sounds like the AVIcon is not turning on and off properly. Its a weird thing to get it to work correctly in the screens yet not have it show where its not supposed to. Can you tell me the exact button sequences you are taking where this happens?

Alex

From the map or by hitting the map button, I click on the folder in the upper left corner to bring up the main menu. Once that is up, click address. When putting in the city, if different than where I am, it will still show, but I have gotten lucky and had the city show at the top to click on. Once back at the address screen, I click the house number. This is where I get stuck since I cannot click the Ok or Finished button after punching in the house number.

From the map or by hitting the map button, I click on the folder in the upper left corner to bring up the main menu. Once that is up, click address. When putting in the city, if different than where I am, it will still show, but I have gotten lucky and had the city show at the top to click on. Once back at the address screen, I click the house number. This is where I get stuck since I cannot click the Ok or Finished button after punching in the house number.

Care to test for me? I cant do it. PM me and I will send you a link to a data.zip.

Alex

Wait does this happen when a speedcam is up? Or does this happen in one of the signs on the right side?

The sign on the right hand side (speed cameras don't work at all, but I'm not really bothered about that), plus when the voice says "you are over the speed limit".

The sign on the right hand side (speed cameras don't work at all, but I'm not really bothered about that), plus when the voice says "you are over the speed limit".

This is definitely due to the hybrid nature of your unit. Nobody else has mentioned anything like this at all.

How do you feel about making a backup and restoring a different one for testing purposes?

This is definitely due to the hybrid nature of your unit. Nobody else has mentioned anything like this at all.

How do you feel about making a backup and restoring a different one for testing purposes?

It's a possibility but my hacking skills are limited and I don't want to run any risk of bricking the unit as my wife would kill me :) To be honest this issue isn't a huge one - I just turn off the speed limit display and warning and everything is fine. So it would be a nice to have fix but probably not worth running the risk of a full restore for. I really appreciate the offers to help though.

Hi, will this mod work for a F900BT with 4.0 firmware? As i would really like a current speed indicator on the screen. Thanks

4.0 firmware? Am I missing an update that came out?

What I would suggest is make a backup. If it doesnt work (I dont see why it wouldn't), then just restore your old data and sys file.

Here is a screenshot

avic_firmware.JPG

I have searched and searched (even going to look on the US, EU and AU pioneer support sites) for 4.0 firmware. I just dont see anything. Can anyone provide information on this? I thought I remember reading someplace that there was a regional specific update that was being called 4.0 and was fairly minor. But searching here has yielded nothing.