AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also have a problem with keeping the settings ..... then I optat whether com-udelt as in v2.3, that when you press the speed information is entered into the TMC? Thank you in advance Pat

I am sorry but I am not following. I see the signpost issue with the color and its fixed. As far as the menu buttons please change another button. Not the TMC/MSN one.

diaftia, awesome work, thank you so much for all you are doing!

For me the blue color for the signs also doesn't stick but no biggie...

I did notice that when there is a speedcam on screen and I am going into the Favorites menu I can still see the "speedcam".

I attached a picture, unfortunately it is not very good but I think you get the picture.

post-30293-005631700 1292627914_thumb.jpg

Been running ur 2.3, thought I check the old boards again and here u are with an update. Thanks for the work. Quick question, the last version has some pretty bad lag on button responses. I know that the real issue was the unit itself and not the mod, but people had posted the issue and some quick fixes were available back then that didn't seem to last. Is that still an issue for the unit? I haven't checked this board in so long I'm not in the know. Thanks, I'll be updating to this over the weekend.

diaftia, awesome work, thank you so much for all you are doing!

For me the blue color for the signs also doesn't stick but no biggie...

I did notice that when there is a speedcam on screen and I am going into the Favorites menu I can still see the "speedcam".

I attached a picture, unfortunately it is not very good but I think you get the picture.

The picture was perfect. I have it fixed on my end for the next release. Signpost color fixed too. :)

Been running ur 2.3, thought I check the old boards again and here u are with an update. Thanks for the work. Quick question, the last version has some pretty bad lag on button responses. I know that the real issue was the unit itself and not the mod, but people had posted the issue and some quick fixes were available back then that didn't seem to last. Is that still an issue for the unit? I haven't checked this board in so long I'm not in the know. Thanks, I'll be updating to this over the weekend.

Seems to vary by unit and what is running. Sometimes mine is very snappy and othertimes it lags. Depends a lot on how long after bootup. Mine is really bad before BT connects. I think it's also GPS lock too. These mods do more which does make it a little worse but IMO the functionality is worth it. The original setup was horrible. :)

Seems to vary by unit and what is running. Sometimes mine is very snappy and othertimes it lags. Depends a lot on how long after bootup. Mine is really bad before BT connects. I think it's also GPS lock too. These mods do more which does make it a little worse but IMO the functionality is worth it. The original setup was horrible. :)

Due to some mistakes in copying my unit was not booting properly, so I had to fall back to my OEM backup, which I`m using for a coupple of days now. I can just confirm that stock set up is horrible and useless. Even if the mos would slowdown the system by 100% (what they don't do) it would still be worth using the mods as you save so many clicks.

The awesome work of Alex and the other experts can`t be praised enogh!

Thanks again for that!

Jörg

The picture was perfect. I have it fixed on my end for the next release. Signpost color fixed too. :)

So I don't have to check anything out today?

You are talking about a "next release" - are you bringing out a bugfixed version soon, or are you just collecting for a version coming out "sometime"?

Thanks Alex,

Well that was worthwhile already - I had previously misunderstood uncomment to mean remove the " sign instead of the ; sign.

What about things like [Timezone] and [regional]?

Presumably I can reset longitude and latitude to my own locality?

Best,

John

I´ve been playing around with the LAT/LON in SYS.TXT for a while as one of my major issues with the device was the slow GPS fix. Couldn´t notice any difference even when setting the position to my actual position. Only thing that seems to help is entering the route only after the fix is stable in order to free up cpu capacity for getting the fix done. I think the SYS.TXT setting is only used on the forst bootup and then the last position is saved in somewhere in the SAVE folder.

Jörg

Hi,

changing the ding.wav only works with new packing for me. The Data.zip is now 15.511 kb instead of 15.743 kb hope it works. Does this also stop the keybord clicks in the audio section?

If you're using 7-zip, usually this should work without unpacking / packing!" All you have to do is open "Data.zip" with 7-zip, navigate into the audio folder, take the "!ding.wav" file and drag & drop it into 7-zip while you are into audio folder!

This sould be it! Don't worry about the size - as women say: size doesn't matter! :wink:

For keyboard clicks there is an option in the settings menu - I don't know where to find from memory, but I think Alex can tell you! Just have a closer look!! Otherwise I have to take a look into my unit!

If you wish to ignore the setting and "kill" this one the hard way, just use the "!ding.wav" file, rename it to "!key.wav" and replace that one too!

The !ding.wav is nothing more then a "silence" file! If you find a sound, you don't wish to hear anymore and you can't mute it into settings, open all files from the audio folder, identify the sound you don't like / wish to hear anymore and rename the !ding.wav to the name of the file. Replace that one into Data.zip>audio and you are done!

So I don't have to check anything out today?

You are talking about a "next release" - are you bringing out a bugfixed version soon, or are you just collecting for a version coming out "sometime"?

I have a large list of changes and fixed I have made. I have some testing I need to do on one feature I added. It wreaked havoc on screen changes. I think I have it worked out now and will test today.

I´ve been playing around with the LAT/LON in SYS.TXT for a while as one of my major issues with the device was the slow GPS fix. Couldn´t notice any difference even when setting the position to my actual position. Only thing that seems to help is entering the route only after the fix is stable in order to free up cpu capacity for getting the fix done. I think the SYS.TXT setting is only used on the forst bootup and then the last position is saved in somewhere in the SAVE folder.

Jörg

Correct. The gps coordinates are for when the unit boots without a GPS signal. It's more even for first boot. After that it wil use it's last known location.