AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

I'd second this. Even after months of using the mod I have very little idea what many of the settings really do, or what I am really doing. Losing the 3d map for ages only to be told you can change the view pressing the compass springs to mind.

What is AutoKarta?

How do you get the tilst settings to stick?

Do the MPG calculations use US or Imperial gallons?

etc...

Add a big ol' me too to this string. Has anyone documented this?

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey does anybody know how to change the tilt and zoom settings so that I can always see the landscape and sky? Also, is there a way to do it from within the unit with this updated mod package? I used to know how to do it a while back but wasn't real happy with the scenery but the background on the setup looks so nice! I've searched all the settings and and don't see the option.

On a second note, what about 3D cars? I've changed to different cars in the settings and it still shows as the red arrow. Is there a location where I should have car files? Not sure about that one but would like to have that option as well. Or even make a model of my car somehow.

Thanks Diafta for such an AWESOME package!!!

Hey guys

I have no voice direction now since installing this and no options for voices etc in the menu?

Anyone else?

Same here. I installed this mod and regardless of the voice I choose there are no voice prompts whatsoever.

Sound on button press works fine.

Running on f500bt

Just checking in to see how things are going. I have not looked at other pages. I will make these replies brief since I am swamped at work but thought I would do what I can with the little time I have. :)

Add a big ol' me too to this string. Has anyone documented this?

The features were never really documented except in this thread. AutoKarta shows you the time that it would have taken to go on an old route if the route was recalculated. It will show the distance and if its Faster/Slower.

anyone know how to get red light cameras and speed traps to delete? I try to delete them and they will not go away using the software? I also added one accidently at my house location and cannot delete it either.

Use the plan mode screen for this. Place the cursor on the camera to be deleted or added. If no camera exists in the location the cursor is then it will show add camera. If one does exist under the cursor then it will show edit camera where you can delete. You get to the add/delete camera by clicking the cursor (target looking icon) menu button.

I have something that comes up as a "can't turn" symbol on mine with an audible alert. I can't figure out where to turn it off. Any ideas what this is?

That is called turn restrictions. The map data was buggy and would make it alert incorrectly in the USA. I set it to off by default but you might have enabled it. I think its under warnings.

Hey does anybody know how to change the tilt and zoom settings so that I can always see the landscape and sky? Also, is there a way to do it from within the unit with this updated mod package? I used to know how to do it a while back but wasn't real happy with the scenery but the background on the setup looks so nice! I've searched all the settings and and don't see the option.

On a second note, what about 3D cars? I've changed to different cars in the settings and it still shows as the red arrow. Is there a location where I should have car files? Not sure about that one but would like to have that option as well. Or even make a model of my car somehow.

Thanks Diafta for such an AWESOME package!!!

Showing sky can come up if you turn off smartzoom. When you set the sky manually by clicking on the map it will stay there. If you want to show sky and smartzoom there is another modder (Chuck88?) that is working on that.

3D cars will work with my mods. You just have to install them. I was never a fan of how it would start copying models of cars all over the place and even after I removed them from my test environment, stayed behind. I was a fan of the arrow. But feel free to copy any 3D cars mods to mine and it will work.

Hey guys

I have no voice direction now since installing this and no options for voices etc in the menu?

Anyone else?

Voice guidance is muted by default. Turn off default Mute guidance and make sure that the TTS file you are using exists and it should work. I remember one other user saying they did not have guidance but I think it was a configuration problem someplace. If all else fails you can use the backup that I posted someplace in this thread and restore that if you continue to have problems. Just make sure to install my mods over the bakcup since I think that backup was taken with 3.4 installed.

Good luck all!

Diaftia, great mod, thanks for all your time on it.

Sorry if this has already been asked/ answered (couldn't see it in my skim of the 52 pages on this topic) but...

How do I add POIs?! I've found the "Manage POI" option but that just lets me add folders. I want to add a custom POI - is that possible? If so, how?!

many many thanks....

I'm not sure if others had this problem but the map changer was not working for me...I noticed this line in sys.txt:

;content="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGO\content"

and I changed it to:

CONTENT="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGO\CONTENT"

I'm not sure if content really had to be all capitalized but for sure the ; before content had to be removed.

Windows CE is not an OS that makes distinction between lower and upper case characters in file names.

For your issue, make sure that folder "MapChanger" is under your "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\Extension\MapChanger" with appropriate files on it.