AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

Hi I will try the hard war. The settings only works in the navigation for me, not in the audio. I don`t know why.

There are volume settings and mute settings in the audio. Check in the volume area. I will verify it works in route and not in route.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just installed 3.0 and obviously have a few questions.

1) Did not get any TMC messages (device set correctly in SYS.TXT and TMC activated)

2) When trying to use Mapchanger, i can only select beweeen TA Maps and some Australian Maps. I'm in Europe and have European TA and NT Maps installed.

3) Somebody got a up to date european speedcam file?

4) Changed the language to German, but many menue items are still in English, is that by design?

Just had a first glance, but that was very promising

Jörg

2) When trying to use Mapchanger, i can only select beweeen TA Maps and some Australian Maps. I'm in Europe and have European TA and NT Maps installed.

4) Changed the language to German, but many menue items are still in English, is that by design?

2) I have the same settings, too! Only the option to chande between TA or Australian!

3) I have one from 2009 or early 2010 - I can upload these files, if you want!?

4) This is, because Diaftia`s Mod and it's menu is much more extensive than the original menu structure. Because of that many entries can not be translated by the unit!

As far as I know, there is no way to change that!

Im installing this mod right now. If have both TA and NT maps and want to use the map switcher, do I still need a maps subfolder under content? I moved the maps_nt and maps_ta folders into the content folder and placed the appropriate maps in each, but now it seems that iGo is not starting properly. Should I rename one of those folders to just "maps" ?

EDIT

I renamed map_ta to just map and updated the sys.txt to reflect this and now the unit boots up normally. I also have the navteq maps under map_nt, however when i go to the map switcher my two options are teleatlas and australia something. Any ideas? Everything else is great so far, can't wait for 3.1!

1) Did not get any TMC messages (device set correctly in SYS.TXT and TMC activated)

Is there anyone that is using TMC that can help here? I am going at this blind without TMC available in the US.

Our Avic units all ship with Teleatlas maps. Whatever you want to put in the other map directory mapchanger does not care about. Just put it in the map_nt folder. All mapchanger does from the back end is rename map to map_ta and then rename map_nt to map. Its actually quite simple in process. From a dos/mortscript standpoint its just a move command.

What this means is put what ever maps you want in the map_nt folder. Map changer does not care. The senisis/navteq flag in the regional settings is nothing more than a change of what image is showing in mapchanger.

someone else answered this.

As far as I know its by design. I think that igo can only translate so many words when it locates them. The easiest way to make the menu say what you want is to extract the data.zip file and edit the menu.ui file. At the top there is a script called
<script d_LBQP_setlist>

. Edit the commands in that script to say what you want. The line entry:

djListShortBut.addlistentry "Navigation Settings;Navigation Settings ;20"

means this command: "small menu text;Large menu text ;menu position #"

Large menu text is for the part when the menu comes up when you are using the standard menu

Small menu text is the text for when you hold down a button to replace it. There is a screen that comes up that lets you pick a command. Its that text.

Best to leave them the same but make them what you want. The command they execute is below in the script:

<script d_QuickPopupSelect>

Look at position 20 and you will find:

else_runif $1 20 'NEXTSTATE st_SettingGuidance'

That is the command that the button executes.

Hope this helps.

Just had a first glance, but that was very promising

Jörg

Im installing this mod right now. If have both TA and NT maps and want to use the map switcher, do I still need a maps subfolder under content? I moved the maps_nt and maps_ta folders into the content folder and placed the appropriate maps in each, but now it seems that iGo is not starting properly. Should I rename one of those folders to just "maps" ?

EDIT

I renamed map_ta to just map and updated the sys.txt to reflect this and now the unit boots up normally. I also have the navteq maps under map_nt, however when i go to the map switcher my two options are teleatlas and australia something. Any ideas? Everything else is great so far, can't wait for 3.1!

If all else fails delete your save files and make sure that the correct map files are in the map directory. Put the map files you want to use as alternates in the map_nt directory. The map_nt folder should be on the same level, or seen next to, the map directory. Everything should work from there. Remember all its doing is moving (and renaming in the process) the map directory. So map becomes map_ta and map_nt becomes map.

Updated version 3.1. Should get you through the holidays to wherever you are going. :)

Change are:

3.1 changes on 12/18/2010:

• There was a problem with the return to office feature where it would use the last marked cursor position and not the favorite position.
  • AV icon would show in route planning mode and other places off that screen
  • Blue Signpost color change
  • Blue signpost color would not stick. Fixed.
  • Bluetooth and GPS indicator hide options and better spacing on map. Located in signs displayed on map which is now a scrollable menu.
  • mapchanger threw an error when selecting an already active map
  • map_nt folder was in the wrong place in original distro
  • Error fixed in default mute
  • Added option to have default navigation screen be a different screen when adding a route.
  • On screen trip computer would not hide when bringing up quick menu
  • Laneinfo options are now all at the bottom and are Large/Small rather than top/bottom. Default is now smaller newer style.
  • The quick menu button in the bottom left position is now not able to be changed if trafficmode setting is enabled since it would revert to the traffic mode state when on.
  • Some default button position changes.
  • Illustrated street text variable would occasionally turn off. Fixed.
  • Speedcam text is now map color sensitive so they show better.
  • Fixed speedcam coming up in screens other than the map.
  • Small speedcam font a tad bigger.
  • Added secondary turn to split nav screen
  • Split screen nav is now lane info arrow setting aware

Links and other info in the first post.

Is there anyone that is using TMC that can help here? I am going at this blind without TMC available in the US.

I use TMC and had no Problems with it till now!

The only thing you have to do is edit sys.txt to the following entry: (But as you say, you did that!)

tmc_events_icon_set="$tmc.spr"

small_tmc_events_icon_set="$smalltmc.spr"

Maybe there was no traffic yam ore anything else to show??

Updated version 3.1. Should get you through the holidays to wherever you are going. :)

Change are:

3.1 changes on 12/18/2010:

• There was a problem with the return to office feature where it would use the last marked cursor position and not the favorite position.
  • AV icon would show in route planning mode and other places off that screen
  • Blue Signpost color change
  • Blue signpost color would not stick. Fixed.
  • Bluetooth and GPS indicator hide options and better spacing on map. Located in signs displayed on map which is now a scrollable menu.
  • mapchanger threw an error when selecting an already active map
  • map_nt folder was in the wrong place in original distro
  • Error fixed in default mute
  • Added option to have default navigation screen be a different screen when adding a route.
  • On screen trip computer would not hide when bringing up quick menu
  • Laneinfo options are now all at the bottom and are Large/Small rather than top/bottom. Default is now smaller newer style.
  • The quick menu button in the bottom left position is now not able to be changed if trafficmode setting is enabled since it would revert to the traffic mode state when on.
  • Some default button position changes.
  • Illustrated street text variable would occasionally turn off. Fixed.
  • Speedcam text is now map color sensitive so they show better.
  • Fixed speedcam coming up in screens other than the map.
  • Small speedcam font a tad bigger.
  • Added secondary turn to split nav screen
  • Split screen nav is now lane info arrow setting aware

Links and other info in the first post.

Alex.I cant get the default start up screen(ie split nav etc)to work.Do we need to change anything else like the sys.txt or is ok to just update the data file?Thanks :eek:

Hi Alex,

sorry to be a pain.

Am I right for 3.1 that we just need to update the data.zip?

For the maps: So I just need the Map and the Map-NT folder in contends and the map folder will automatically be renamed to Map_TA ? I have 3 folders at the moment.

Thanks

Jörg