AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

Hi Alex,

sorry to be a pain.

Am I right for 3.1 that we just need to update the data.zip?

For the maps: So I just need the Map and the Map-NT folder in contends and the map folder will automatically be renamed to Map_TA ? I have 3 folders at the moment.

Thanks

Jörg

Yes and yes. Do you have 3 folders because you have three different map types you use?

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes and yes. Do you have 3 folders because you have three different map types you use?

No, I Use TA and NT maps.

My map folders in contend are: Map (TA base and Germany) Map_ta (TA base and Germany) Map_mt (NT base and Germany) If I delete the Map folder the system hangs with the pls wait message.

But never mind, it works well just with the NT maps, and I'm sure I will TMC get fixed as well. You better ejoy the holidays now with your family, we here at AVIC had our Xmas already.:-)

Thanks for that

Jörg

Edit: had some time to play around with 3.1 now: TMC and Mapchanger are working fine! Only thing I couldn't find out was how to access the split navi sreen directly from the Nav screen, is there a way or do we have to go through the quick menue?

No, I Use TA and NT maps.

My map folders in contend are: Map (TA base and Germany) Map_ta (TA base and Germany) Map_mt (NT base and Germany) If I delete the Map folder the system hangs with the pls wait message.

But never mind, it works well just with the NT maps, and I'm sure I will TMC get fixed as well. You better ejoy the holidays now with your family, we here at AVIC had our Xmas already.:-)

Thanks for that

Jörg

Edit: had some time to play around with 3.1 now: TMC and Mapchanger are working fine! Only thing I couldn't find out was how to access the split navi sreen directly from the Nav screen, is there a way or do we have to go through the quick menue?

Glad it's working. :)

You can get to the split screen by touching the current speed sign.

Alex

Glad it's working. :)

You can get to the split screen by touching the current speed sign.

Alex

Alex,when i press the current speed sign i get the digital speedometer(with red background)not the split nav.Am i missing something obvious somewhere in the settings?

Alex,when i press the current speed sign i get the digital speedometer(with red background)not the split nav.Am i missing something obvious somewhere in the settings?

You need the update to 3.1 (although I thought you said you updated). I changed it in the latest release. In 3.0 it went to the digispeedo.

Yes I have upgraded but mine still goes to digispeedo <_<

PS i didn't delete the SAVE folder...could this be it??

Potentially although this is not something that typically should end up there because its not variable driven. Ah, I found the problem. I made the change to the US sign and not the Euro sign:

<layer ui_NavigateMapYourSpeedUS z=6 >
;Your Speed Sign US
<TEXT txtYourSpeedUS template=xtxt x=730 y=128 w=60 z=10 font="Digital" align="center" fontsize=37 color=#FEFE01 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.number_text" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>
<SPRITE sprYourSpeedUS bmp="$Your_Speed_US.bmp" x=725 y=89 z=0 onrelease='NEXTSTATE st_SplitScreenMap, playsound "!button"' onlongclick='nextstate ST_DigiSpeedometer, playsound "!button"' USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>
</layer>

<layer ui_NavigateMapYourSpeedEU z=6 >
;Your Speed Sign EU
<TEXT txtYourSpeedEU template=xtxt x=730 y=128 w=60 z=10 font="Digital" align="center" fontsize=37 color=#FFFFFF textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.number_text" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>
<SPRITE sprYourSpeedEU bmp="$Your_Speed_EU.bmp" x=725 y=89 z=0 onrelease='nextstate ST_DigiSpeedometer, playsound "!button"' onlongclick='NEXTSTATE ST_destinationdial, playsound "!button"' USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

I will fix it in the next version. If you like you can extract it and make it this:

;Your Speed Sign US
<TEXT txtYourSpeedUS template=xtxt x=730 y=128 w=60 z=10 font="Digital" align="center" fontsize=37 color=#FEFE01 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.number_text" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>
<SPRITE sprYourSpeedUS bmp="$Your_Speed_US.bmp" x=725 y=89 z=0 onrelease='NEXTSTATE st_SplitScreenMap, playsound "!button"' onlongclick='nextstate ST_DigiSpeedometer, playsound "!button"' USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>
</layer>

;Your Speed Sign EU
<TEXT txtYourSpeedEU template=xtxt x=730 y=128 w=60 z=10 font="Digital" align="center" fontsize=37 color=#FFFFFF textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.number_text" USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>
<SPRITE sprYourSpeedEU bmp="$Your_Speed_EU.bmp" x=725 y=89 z=0 onrelease='NEXTSTATE st_SplitScreenMap, playsound "!button"' onlongclick='NEXTSTATE ST_destinationdial, playsound "!button"' USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

Potentially although this is not something that typically should end up there because its not variable driven. Ah, I found the problem. I made the change to the US sign and not the Euro sign:

;Your Speed Sign US
</layer>

;Your Speed Sign EU
<SPRITE sprYourSpeedEU bmp="$Your_Speed_EU.bmp" x=725 y=89 z=0 onrelease='nextstate ST_DigiSpeedometer, playsound "!button"' onlongclick='NEXTSTATE ST_destinationdial, playsound "!button"' USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

I will fix it in the next version. If you like you can extract it and make it this:

;Your Speed Sign US
</layer>

;Your Speed Sign EU
<SPRITE sprYourSpeedEU bmp="$Your_Speed_EU.bmp" x=725 y=89 z=0 onrelease='NEXTSTATE st_SplitScreenMap, playsound "!button"' onlongclick='NEXTSTATE ST_destinationdial, playsound "!button"' USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>

Thanks very much Alex,glad it wasn't something i'd messed up!

I will add some setup directions to the installation procedures. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Hi Diaftia

After saying that all was OK I found that my bluetooth (or more precisely, the phone) was not working, whilst my traffic (SUNA) was. I was using 746EW model. I reverted to the default model you had in the sys.txt file and found the phone works but not traffic. Any ideas? Also I found that my 'Notebook' file has been deleted somehow. Do you now how I can get that back? Appreciate any assistance.

Hi Diaftia

After saying that all was OK I found that my bluetooth (or more precisely, the phone) was not working, whilst my traffic (SUNA) was. I was using 746EW model. I reverted to the default model you had in the sys.txt file and found the phone works but not traffic. Any ideas? Also I found that my 'Notebook' file has been deleted somehow. Do you now how I can get that back? Appreciate any assistance.

Hi Wayne-

When doing these changes to the sys.txt were you deleting the save files each time?

Also, sorry I am not sure what you mean by notebook. Can you clarify?

Thanks,

Alex

Do you need firmware 3.0 for this?

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy-

Yes. Actually I think to run most of the mods on this forum (all of them?) you need 3.x. I think there is even a 3.x full update in the hacks forum. Then you could just drop this over it. Highly recommended you do the update to 3.0 if you haven't as it's significant as far as the system goes.

Alex

Hi Wayne-

When doing these changes to the sys.txt were you deleting the save files each time?

Also, sorry I am not sure what you mean by notebook. Can you clarify?

Thanks,

Alex

No I wasn't deleting the save files each time. Will reload the whole thing again and see what happens. Thanks. I am away from home for Xmas so will not be able to do that until I get back home as all my backup files are there. Will let you know how it goes.

My error with 'notebook'. I meant the txt editing programme 'notepad'. The icon is there but it says it cannot find the programme. To edit the sys.txt file I have to save the file to a SD card, transfer to my computer to edit then put the file back in the AVIC.

No I wasn't deleting the save files each time. Will reload the whole thing again and see what happens. Thanks. I am away from home for Xmas so will not be able to do that until I get back home as all my backup files are there. Will let you know how it goes.

My error with 'notebook'. I meant the txt editing programme 'notepad'. The icon is there but it says it cannot find the programme. To edit the sys.txt file I have to save the file to a SD card, transfer to my computer to edit then put the file back in the AVIC.

There never was. You have to edit the file on your PC. I will see if I can locate a wince version of it. The link was there from someone else. I'll check it out to make things easier.

EDIT: Found an freeware one that needs a couple DLL's to work. Also freeware. Not pissing off the MSFT gods. :) Its in the next release as well as the option to preserve the favorites.dat file when installing.