AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Diaftia,

Could you upload the screenshots of your mod to another host ? The current one is down.

A sample video would be nice too. :-)

Cheers!

I have some screen shots that I downloaded some nine months ago. If you PM me with your eMail address I will send them to you.

Colin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I must have done something wrong, when I reboot it gets stuck with the system startup message over the main menu. Can go into AV and Contacts, when I try to go into NAV then I get the warning message about it being an aid blah blah (still with startup message over) and then get stuck there :(

Downloading files again and going to try it from scratch. Just wonder if something I had on previously is preventing it from working? Was using v3.0x fw with modded ezrider and 2009 Navteq maps.

When the copy finished, I get a green rectangle in the middle of the screen and it becomes unresponsive and so I have to power of to restart. Also get a warning about file encryption when unzipping the downloaded file.

What I am doing:

1. Download file from link in post 1
  2. Unzip to desktop and copy in European Navteq map files to map_nt folder
  3. Copy contents of the folder to SD card (i.e. route of SD has the content of the zip)
  4. Insert SD card and boot
  5. Select install EU option for F900
  6. Get warning about not enough space
  7. Delete old map files
  8. Reboot and select install EU option for F900 again
  9. Hit OK to start copying
  10. When copy finishes (I see a green rectangle and nothing seems to be doing anything anymore)
  11. Hit reset
  12. Loads and shows system startup message that never goes away!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes this worked with the FX3.1 firmware update for Q4 2011 maps. Once you delete the maps on your unit to be able to fit this mod onto the unit you have to replace the maps. So if you do not have the maps then you need to download them all over again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody....been away from the forum for too long, and now I have forgotten everything I thought i knew.

I own the F500BT and use it in Canada. For the last several months, everytime I try to plan a route, the unit reboots - it works fine in straight tracking mode.

Long story short, thought I would try to install Diaftia's mod, but now i can't get through the startup screen - straight to reboot. Already tried deleting and recopying the 2008 IGo maps - no joy.

Any viable suggestions welcomed!!

• 2 weeks later...

When you are in map view just click on the compass on the top right corner. That will let you get through the different viewing modes.

The only thing I see is the clock in the very top right corner and the speed limit sign just below that...Is there something in the settings that needs to be adjusted to bring up the compass?
  • 2 weeks later...

Could someone send me the pics of this mod so I can see it and if needed, I'll be glad to host the pics on my site for free of course and I don't plan on taking the site

down for any reason in the foreseeable future so they should be accessible for a long time.

IF they are BIG files, don't send too many at one time or it'll screw up the email. 15 megs max please.

Send to info AT georgepics DOT COM

Thanks

GEorge