AVIC411.com

Car Seed Signal

Okay, I have searched here and club lexus and still not locating what i need. I am getting ready to install a pioneer avic d3 in my car a 99 lexus gs300. The problem is i cant find where to put the vehicle speed signal input. Can someone help with telling me where this goes and what wire i need to run it to. Thanks for any help in advance.

• 1 year later...

I spend 4 hours determining the VSS wire for my 2004 GS 300 and its is the green with pink lines. Remove your gauge cluster and look for this sequence. Black, Orange, Pink, then Green. It will be the lower green wire!! I ran leads off both green and found it to be the lower wire. The picture above is correct.

• 1 month later...
what does this vss wire actually do?
it is the signal from the car (usually from a speed sensor, or an ABS sensor) that tells the speedometer how fast the car is going so that the car can tell you how fast you are going. that avic will read this speed pulse signal and will use it to track how fast the car is moving, which will make the nav system a little more accurate, especially in areas where you dont get the best GPS signal