AVIC411.com

F900BT Loses what song it was playing

Hi Guys,

Bought an F900BT for cheap from the Pioneer online store here in Aus, and so far I love it. The one thing I have found annoying with the unit so far is that if I turn the car off when playing songs from USB, next time I start up it has lost its place and starts again from the first song. I don't think this is meant to be the default behaviour, but want to check if it is before I start trying to delve in troubleshooting my connections. If I am listening to the radio it remembers what station I was on...

I did a search but didn't come up with anything, so I am hoping that I am not a crap noob searcher/poster and that this hasn't been asked/answered before.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

your F900 will restart in the middle of a song when you restart your car if listing to MP3's from an SD card? because none of the ones that i have seen will do this including my own.

OP: when you are listing to a MP3 on you computer, and you have to shut down the computer and restart it later it doesnt remember where it left off in the middle of a track, because the computer has rebooted, it has lost all of the non critical info. the F series functions the same way, once the computer (avic) has shut off,it wont remember where in the track it was, im actually surprised that it even remembers what track it was on.

the ipods will keep this its place, because it never shuts all the way down (unless it sits for a very long time), it just goes into standby mode to conserve power.

go ahead and get a ipod for music anyway, having to deal with folder structure is a pain in the ass, whit an ipod, if files through all of the songs based on their TAG info, and this makes it much easier to find and filter through the music.