AVIC411.com

Z120BT rear monitor Navigation on screen.

Hi, I own a Avix N2 and a Z110BT, I'am looking to change my N2 to a Z120BT. One thing i really miss with my 110, is showing the rear sitting people the Navigation page while driving. even dought I put the setting to Mirrior AV. nothing shows on the back head rest screens. Does any one know if Pioneer has fix this in the 120. or is there a way to get this.

Sorry about my typing, I'am from Quebec Canada, and we are mostly a french speaking and writing State.

Thanks, and have a merry christmas all.

Its the same as with the 110 and its not going to change. That really isn't a feature that is in demand.

It may not be in demand, but it was something that was already done in the earlier versions. Seems silly of Pioneer to have the newer model unable to do something that an older one did. While those of us wanting rear mirroring seem to be in the minority, my rear passengers who remember my Z1, sure do miss seeing the navigation map on the rear headrest monitors. This miss seeing what is playing on XM Radio on the rear monitors. They miss seeing what is playing on the iPod. All they can see now is what is on satellite TV, my DVD and that is it. Seems like such a trivial feature. Whether everyone wants it or not, the option ought to be there to have it play all of these things in the front only, or the front and the back. How hard could it be? What do they save in manufacturing costs to no longer offer that option?

• 4 weeks later...

How hard could it be? What do they save in manufacturing costs to no longer offer that option?

Agree that it's really odd. If anything, it should be easier to mirror everything than it is to only mirror certain items - there shouldn't be any cost at all for this feature.

Agree that it's really odd. If anything, it should be easier to mirror everything than it is to only mirror certain items - there shouldn't be any cost at all for this feature.

It's funny how we can even by-pass the unit to show video up front while the vehicle is moving, but can't do the same thing to allow video to be output to the rear. All video going to the rear seat monitors would have to be safer than allowing video to be seen up front. I can slap a DVD of Avatar into my unit, and have it play in the front and the back, but I can't punch in an address on the navigation part of the Z120BT, as the family heads off to grandma's house, and have the map displayed to the kids in the back seat. :-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...