AVIC411.com

VR Browse 'Album' on Ipod?

Looking for help with some Voice Recognition problems?

Most of my voice commands work well most of the time (for placing calls, finding POIs, listing 'artists').

However, once 'artists' are listed I can NEVER get the Z120BT to play a particular album or list the tracks on the album via a voice prompt such as "Play the album 'XYZ'". This is particularly frustrating since once album names are listed on screen via Voice Prompt, the listing on screen is NOT clickable to choose the album.

What could be the problem? Again, I have a good mic location and most 'tested' VR commands are working great but since I listen to endless Ipod music/albums, I really need the unit to recognize an album title when I call upon it! Could this be a tagging problem of the actual files?

Thanks, B3

Not sure.... I usually just say play artist.... then say play whatever album I want.... and it's usually successful.... But it does not work for all artist/albums though....

For instance, for whatever reason, I cannot get it to play Linkin Park's latest album "A Thousand Suns".... It always takes me to either Adema or Korn<-- can't remember...

I have yet to figure this out or as to why it works flawless on some albums, but not all.

Another one that got me....

I was pretty damn impressed that I could tell it to play artist "Apocalyptica featuring Cory Taylor".... and being that I even have a hard time saying Apocalyptica, it actually would figure it out....

But now that I've updated to Z120 firmware, and update BT to the latest, it no longer can figure it out....

Looking for help with some Voice Recognition problems?

Most of my voice commands work well most of the time (for placing calls, finding POIs, listing 'artists').

However, once 'artists' are listed I can NEVER get the Z120BT to play a particular album or list the tracks on the album via a voice prompt such as "Play the album 'XYZ'". This is particularly frustrating since once album names are listed on screen via Voice Prompt, the listing on screen is NOT clickable to choose the album.

What could be the problem? Again, I have a good mic location and most 'tested' VR commands are working great but since I listen to endless Ipod music/albums, I really need the unit to recognize an album title when I call upon it! Could this be a tagging problem of the actual files?

Thanks, B3

I'd try re-indexing your VR Catalog with the iPod. Mine does that when the VR data is hosed.

1st, make sure you've taken the "Pledge". You know, that annoying message you have to OK.

Set your audio source to iPod.

Go to AV System Settings. Make sure "Change Control Mode" is set to "Navi". Go to "VR Catalog Menu". Turn "VR Catalog Mode" OFF. Then turn "VR Cataloge Mode" ON. Go back to the iPod screen. It should be rebuilding the VR Catalog. It could take several minutes.

I think those steps will force it to rebuild. You might have to play around with the ON/OFF or restart. Try this 1st.

Not sure.... I usually just say play artist.... then say play whatever album I want.... and it's usually successful.... But it does not work for all artist/albums though....

For instance, for whatever reason, I cannot get it to play Linkin Park's latest album "A Thousand Suns".... It always takes me to either Adema or Korn<-- can't remember...

I have yet to figure this out or as to why it works flawless on some albums, but not all...

Mine will never recognize "Front 242" but has no problem recognizing "Front Line Assembly". Weird.

Interesting to hear everyone's varied experiences - I can relate on some levels. For example, my VR almost always recognizes 'artist' names so for example the unit has no trouble say 'Electric Light Orchestra' yet refuses to recognize/understand any album title, no matter how simple, short or mono-syllabic (is that word :razz: ?

I hope to try a few of your suggestions when in vehicle tomorrow morning.

Thanks, B3