AVIC411.com

iPod & iPhone no Video --- But...

Got an Avic-F700bt.

I am unable to get any videe from my ipod and iphone on my Avic. Get music and the sound from video, but just no picture. Tried everything...checked every connection. Swapped cables. Then tried a friend's iphone... WE GOT VIDEO. Tried another friend's iPhone.... WE GOT VIDEO.

So...we went in to my ipod and checked the video settings.. made sure all the neccessaries turned on. Made sure checked NTSC... still not picture. Reset the Ipod. Still no picture/ video.

However, if I plug some headphones into my ipod or iphone I get video just fine. Anybody have any idea what could be going on here. I know this is more of an apple ipod iphone question, but was wondering if anyone else encountered the same problem?

it sounds like there is a problem with your ipod, either software or hardware, reformatting(restoring) and reloading all of your content will rule out a software error, if after that, it still doesnt work, then it sound like there is a hardware problem with the ipod.

I'm having the same issue. And for the last week or so I was only getting any audio from my ipod to come out of the left side speakers, the radio and dvd and everything else came out of both sides but not the ipod. I synced it to my mac and that fixed the audio problem, but still no video even though I get the sound from the movie. I'm using a 60gb ipod video that I bought in late 2006 or early 2007, it was when Apple first released the ipod video. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember getting video from it on my f90bt at one point in time.

-Sean

it was when Apple first released the ipod video. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember getting video from it on my f90bt at one point in time.

-Sean

all 5th gens should have no problems, its either a firmware or hardware problem on the Ipod or the AVIC, the easiest way to test to see if the ipod is fine, is to take out your AVIC's ipod cable and use it to plug it into a TV, if you get video on a TV then the Ipod is fine and your AVIC has a problem, if there is no video, then the problem is with the Ipod.

also, go into your ipod's options and make sure that "video out" is turned "on" and not set to "off" or "ask".

all 5th gens should have no problems, its either a firmware or hardware problem on the Ipod or the AVIC, the easiest way to test to see if the ipod is fine, is to take out your AVIC's ipod cable and use it to plug it into a TV, if you get video on a TV then the Ipod is fine and your AVIC has a problem, if there is no video, then the problem is with the Ipod.

also, go into your ipod's options and make sure that "video out" is turned "on" and not set to "off" or "ask".

Ok, the ipod settings are good, I'll have to pull the avic cable out and see how it works elsewhere.

-Sean

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, the real test will be to take it out and plug it into the tv.... however, that means i gotta take crap apart. what i am thinking fo dowingis going to apple and see if they can just test it with one of those cables.

as for background... this all started happening once i reformatted on my iphone from windows to mac... could hat be the issue...seeing how avic is really a oc at the end of the day. also, like i mentioned above...evrything was working fine before.

also... not sure what exact version, but i have the 80Gb ipod... the one that came out after the iPOD VIDEO... I think they wwent back to calling it the classic b/c all had video capabilitiues at that point.

Yes, the real test will be to take it out and plug it into the tv.... however, that means i gotta take crap apart.

not really, you could buy a ipod AV cable and use it to test this out, then you could return it afterwards, but usually testing things out to figure out a problem does require some work.

• 2 months later...

Has anybody made any progress on this? I have the 700 and when I plug in my iPhone, I can play music and hear the audio from a movie, but the video will not play....

I was having problems with the cable and ordered another one, but it made no difference. have completely re-synced the phone and even reloaded the 3.1 firmware, but nothing seems to make any difference. the screen when I hit play goes completely white. Otherwise I love the unit, but one of the thiings I was looking forward to the most was the video function. Video's play from the SD card just fine.

I have checked the video setting on the unit and the phone, but no dice...

well hear is an easy tes to see if the iphone even outputs video from the dock connector (ive heard that certain versions dont)take you pioneer ipod cable out and plug it into any TV's front AV in and see if it works that way, my bet is that it doesn't (if it does, then the problem is with your avic)