AVIC411.com

f90bt premier

Try this. I did it the other day and worked great.

This download contains:

Windows CE firmware

X Series 3.0201 update

Complete TA 2009.6 Map Upgrade (USA & Canada)

No nag screens

POI Branding

Speed camera/red light mod

Software speed bypass

Download: http://thepiratebay....torrent/5546342

You need only a single SD card, at least 2gb in size. Copy the entire contents of the RAR file to the root of SD card.

1. Insert SD card into AVIC and turn it on.

2. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset buttons at the same time. When your screen goes completely blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen, telling you to reset the unit (ignore this), you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

3. Select Wince Upgrade

4. Select Update SD Format

5. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in.

6. You should be greeted with testmode (It will look very similar to normal windows). Open Explorer and copy the contents of the "My Flash Drive" Folder from the SD card to the "My Flash Drive" that is located on the unit. Overwrite everything. (It will the copying will take 140min but will only take about 20)

7. Press and hold reset for 5 seconds.

8. Select your language and voice options.

9. Enjoy FX3.1 :)

Tested on AVIC-f90bt. 05/08/10

FAQ:

How do I extract this rar thing?

http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm

In test mode it says there isn't enough space to copy the files, how come?

This means you didn't select the SD format option in step 4, select everything on the "flash disk" and delete it, then copy your new files over

How do I know if my download completed properly?

The reason I stored everything in the RAR is because Winrar checks to make sure the download is perfect, if it didn't download properly, you would receive an error when extracting.

My unit just keeps booting to test mode?

Take your SD card out and then reset.

Why did my unit take so long to start the first 2 times?

That is normal, all the software is adapting to your AVIC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nowadays, which the latest firmware I can put on my F90BT

I am using 3.02 on mine, with 09.2010 TeleAtlas maps and Dafitia's mod. Also modded no nag screens and no reverse camera text. I like it this way.

I played around with the 4.01 update from Europe on my US F90BT and had all sorts of issues with my mods so I stuck with the 3.02 US version.

- Dan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, Just did the update for my f90bt premier and every thing working great.

One thing I noticed different is the displayed info for the map has changed, before the update I had 3 fields, top, middle, and bottom. (ex: Distance to Destination, Time to Dest, Speed, ect). Now I only see two fields. Not a big issue but just thought I'd see if anyone had run into this before and is aware of a fix.

thanks

Try this. I did it the other day and worked great.

This download contains:

Windows CE firmware

X Series 3.0201 update

Complete TA 2009.6 Map Upgrade (USA & Canada)

No nag screens

POI Branding

Speed camera/red light mod

Software speed bypass

Download: http://thepiratebay....torrent/5546342

You need only a single SD card, at least 2gb in size. Copy the entire contents of the RAR file to the root of SD card.

1. Insert SD card into AVIC and turn it on.

2. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset buttons at the same time. When your screen goes completely blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen, telling you to reset the unit (ignore this), you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

3. Select Wince Upgrade

4. Select Update SD Format

5. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in.

6. You should be greeted with testmode (It will look very similar to normal windows). Open Explorer and copy the contents of the "My Flash Drive" Folder from the SD card to the "My Flash Drive" that is located on the unit. Overwrite everything. (It will the copying will take 140min but will only take about 20)

7. Press and hold reset for 5 seconds.

8. Select your language and voice options.

9. Enjoy FX3.1 :)

Tested on AVIC-f90bt. 05/08/10

FAQ:

How do I extract this rar thing?

http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm

In test mode it says there isn't enough space to copy the files, how come?

This means you didn't select the SD format option in step 4, select everything on the "flash disk" and delete it, then copy your new files over

How do I know if my download completed properly?

The reason I stored everything in the RAR is because Winrar checks to make sure the download is perfect, if it didn't download properly, you would receive an error when extracting.

My unit just keeps booting to test mode?

Take your SD card out and then reset.

Why did my unit take so long to start the first 2 times?

That is normal, all the software is adapting to your AVIC