AVIC411.com

playing video from USB through f90bt to overhead display....not working

Hi folks,

I am attempting to play video from a USB device (i.e. mobile phone) through my f90bt to my overhead display, but it doesn't seem to work. I DO get the video to play fine through the avic unit directly, however with no sound. But, nothing shows up for the passengers watching on the rear overhead display, which is directly connected to the video output on the f90bt. FYI, DVDs play fine, so we can watch in the front and the rear seats simultaneously with no issue. Does anyone have a workaround for this? Since i ideally want to connect a small external hard drive (200GB) to the USB and play a bunch of movies, rather than have the actual DVDs with me...

Thanks

there's no way around it. Pioneer made it so that you can't watch videos on your external monitors when you play them on a USB or SD card.

Ok thanks for letting me know. However, if I have an iPod (Touch) will that work; in terms of allowing the video out to the overhead to work? Or am I destined to hold on to my trove of DVDs until such time that someone (i.e. Pioneer, Alpine, etc...) allows this to work.